It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transnistria wants to join Russia too! CBC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Xcathdra

demus
yes, I heard about that.
I thought you were talking about all Russians.

To an extent I am.. Putin has rolled back media freedoms since he took office the first go around. Its to the point now where the only options left are state run media sites for Russian.

demus
even in crimea we don't know the real situation with the media, internet, mobile networks, electricity and water...
but their access to foreign media is probably limited.

Which prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not an issue.

Do you / anyone else find it confusing for Crimea to declare its independence based on freedom to choose only to see all forms of media / information not in line with official policy closed? To guarantee rights of minorities only to see an edict that forces all Tartars who are "squatting" to be forcibly relocated to somewhere else (which has not been identified by the Russian / Crimean government).
Crimean's claim they wanted to have freedoms, yet they have no issues when those freedoms are denied to people who don't share that view point?

When a countries actions are lawful with the support of the people, there is no need to control information. That is done when they want to control the story in an effort to portray it as something it very well is not.

You are simply wrong in stating that all foreign media and non-state owned media has been shut down. There are hundreds of independent media outlets in Russia, newspapers, radios and television stations. And those are not large corporate-owned conglomerates that all have the same script to read.
He has not shut down the net---where did you get such a crazy idea? I'm in email contact with Russians in Russia. Some of those contacts actually work in independent media. Please throw out that Kool-Aid and stop with the misinformation as delivered to you from the likes of the Huffington bunch.
We have media right here in the good ole USA that are reporting they have been censored, fired and silenced. But I'm sure that's all a pack of lies made up just to make news. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. But I would urge you to broaden your information sources if you truly believe the things you are typing these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

crucified
They should do well to remember this day when the soviet union 2.0 falls.

I believe you should more concerned when the Euporean Union failed project fails not the current Russia, i can see still some hatred agaisnt Russians and Russia in general.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's hard to blame anyone for wanting to be part of the glorious new Russian empire. Lets hope democracy and freedom are allowed to prevail again

demus
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

Good advice I will pass the suggestion onto the Czar... I mean President.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

diggindirt
You are simply wrong in stating that all foreign media and non-state owned media has been shut down. There are hundreds of independent media outlets in Russia, newspapers, radios and television stations. And those are not large corporate-owned conglomerates that all have the same script to read.

I can't be wrong being I did not say what you are implying. I did not state all media outlets... I stated all media outlets that don't tow the official line - IE those that question / criticizes Putin / his administrations policies.

He has not shut down the net---where did you get such a crazy idea?
It's not a crazy idea being its not what I said. See answer above.

diggindirt I'm in email contact with Russians in Russia. Some of those contacts actually work in independent media. Please throw out that Kool-Aid and stop with the misinformation as delivered to you from the likes of the Huffington bunch.

We have media right here in the good ole USA that are reporting they have been censored, fired and silenced. But I'm sure that's all a pack of lies made up just to make news. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. But I would urge you to broaden your information sources if you truly believe the things you are typing these days.

Respectfully I would urge you to read posts in their entirety before making a claim that is not true.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Xcathdra

demus
reply to post by Xcathdra

why do you think Russians can only access Russian media?

Because Russia has booted / closed all foreign media / Ukraine media outlets in Crimea and has shut down Russian media outlets who criticize his actions.

you said what you said and you were wrong.
now please take some time to relax, government officials will be with you shortly to provide extra learning hours at their mind training facilities.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

PutinTheGreat
It's hard to blame anyone for wanting to be part of the glorious new Russian empire. Lets hope democracy and freedom are allowed to prevail again

demus
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

also, remind them to make a good name for their next action: "Peaceful Liberating Cooperation"
repeat - Peaceful Liberating Cooperation, Peaceful Liberating Cooperation...

so many things still to learn from their American brothers.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

demus

PutinTheGreat

demus

also, remind them to make a good name for their next action: "Peaceful Liberating Cooperation"
repeat - Peaceful Liberating Cooperation, Peaceful Liberating Cooperation...

so many things still to learn from their American brothers.

You will want to throw democracy in there, and children, always works.
Man if only the russians had a propaganda machine like the USA they could go on and conquer the world!!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Its to the point now where the only options left are state run media sites for Russian.
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your words, not mine. I simply stated that what you typed is not true because there are plenty of media outlets which are not run by the state. My friends are not shut down nor are they in prison and despite what you say, they are not required to "tow the line" as you put it. Your opinion comes from western media that have an interest in creating conflict and reporting on it to boost their bottom line. My information comes from people who are actually on the job as journalists, managers and citizens who live there and have no reason to lie about the conditions under which they live. If they were being repressed, they would leave. They are free to travel, they are free to speak and print criticism of their government and yes, even their president. They also have jobs commiserate with their education, something a goodly number of their college classmates from the US have been unable to achieve in the US. They do not face the reality of their children being in debt to the state to the tune of $50k at birth the way they would if they had stayed in the US and become citizens.

Do you / anyone else find it confusing for Crimea to declare its independence based on freedom to choose only to see all forms of media / information not in line with official policy closed?

Again, your words, "all forms of media/information....closed?" So perhaps it is you who should read and understand what you write before telling me that I haven't read your post. Since there are multitudes of media outlets giving several "sides" of the conflict it is patently obvious that your statement is simply false and you know not whereof you speak. Yes, I've seen the CNN headlines saying all foreign media was "shut down" but I also see that I can find lots of reports from foreign and domestic media so again, CNN and their ilk are found out in their lies and attempts at deception. I've also seen our own Congress in an attempt to "define" journalism. That's an attempt to shut up the opposition and even the blind can see through that thin veil.
Please, take off those blinders and look around for a bit. The same old, tired war-hawks that have cost our unborn grandchildren zillions of dollars with their wars for the profits of war are simply attempting to take more from us. I'm tired of seeing my loved ones who are serving this country threatened with more bloodshed for the benefit of some campaign contributor.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I have no hatred for Russia or Russians, I was just pointing out that once things go bad for Russia they will jump ship and want to be Ukraine again. I don't give a damn about it either way, the only things that concern me are happening in my own country.
edit on 26-3-2014 by crucified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
OnTopic:

The Interfax news agency quoted a spokesman for Russia's Western Military District, Colonel Oleg Kochetkov, as saying that Russian forces stationed in Transnistria had "conducted an anti-terrorism drill and practised operations to rebuff an attack on their military base".

www.smh.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Russia stages exercises in breakaway Moldova region of Transnistria Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

And again you are not understanding my post.

Putin has shut down media outlets in Russia / Crimea that are critical of / question his actions. I did not state all Russian media was shut down. I stated all media that is critical / oppose Putin are being shut down.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Vovin

Xcathdra

demus

Since Russian citizens can only access Russian media, there is no point in adding a title to it.

Yeah, it's not like there is satellite TV or Internet in Russia, or Russians all over the world for that matter... Those pesky commies and their curtains of iron and their funny fur hats and vodka, what do they know anyways

You and the others just don't pay attention and only hear what you want don't you.

Putin has gone on a kick of shutting down media in Russia that is critical of him. Crimea had all media outlets yanked except for Russian.

People should not have to circumvent the government in order to get information that is critical of their government.

Get it now?

That's cool. How many Russians do you personally know? How many have you ever met in your life? Or have you spent most of your social life practising how to duck under a desk in case of a Soviet nuclear attack?
edit on 27-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Putin has shut down media outlets in Russia / Crimea that are critical of / question his actions. I did not state all Russian media was shut down. I stated all media that is critical / oppose Putin are being shut down.

I'm perfectly capable of reading what you wrote and I have refuted it. It simply isn't true. See my post above. I know these people and they are not in prison nor have their media outlets been shut down.
I'm sorry you can't understand that things might not be what you have been told by media outlets owned by western interests that want war for the sake of their bottom line.
Repeating your assertions that he has shut down all media critical of him doesn't make it true no matter how many times you say it. My former students have no reason to lie to me about the situation, those who returned to Russia and those who are in other places...they have no reason to lie about it so I believe them over what some corporate shill is telling me. When they tell me that things are far better than when they left there to come to the US to study, I believe them. Why shouldn't I? They told of the hard times they saw after the collapse of the USSR. They were just children then but they remember quite well what it was like to stand in line for food and having very little choice in food. Their stories of that time reminded me of the stories of my American Indian relatives who grew up on the rez in the Dakotas. You know the difference? Things have changed in Russia. Nothing has changed on the rez.
In Russia they have a leader who has a clue about economics, has, in fact, a PhD in the subject. He hasn't spent his salary and more just to have the records of his early life and education sealed. Can you say the same about your leader? How's that fit in with the "most transparent administration in history" drivel spewed by the current occupant of the White House? Russia doesn't even have government "monitors" in the independent media outlets the way the current administration is attempting to do. Those monitors went out with the fall of the USSR. Open your eyes and look around you. Shut off the CNN and FOX shills and do some honest research about what goes on in other countries and you'll see a very different picture than the one paraded in front of you by the six corporate media outlets that control the flow of information in the western sector. Better still, take a few trips outside the USA---the best education you'll ever get.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I applaud you, good sir.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Xcathdra

And Kiev has banned Russian media in the rest of the Ukraine, violating the very same constitution that you claim Crimea violated when they proclaimed autonomy. Here's some video of fascist Ukrainian politicians beating up a media official and forcing him to resign because they felt his broadcasting policies were not Ukrainian enough. That's some flourishing democracy right there

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

Yeah because ITAR-TASS is a reliable source..

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Vovin

You're denying the facts?

The OSCE had condemned the new Ukraine government for doing this way back in February

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Vovin

reuters?

(this was more than 1 month ago)

With efforts now under way to ban television channels from countries that have not signed up to a European convention on cross-border television, which means all Russian channels, many Russian politicians are livid.

Russia evokes World War Two in media blitz on Ukraine

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

No.. ITAR-TASS. The article he posted about Ukraine shutting media down was from Russian media.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by demus

No.. ITAR-TASS. The article he posted about Ukraine shutting media down was from Russian media.

so I provided something similar from Reuters; do you find Reuters reliable?
edit on 29-3-2014 by demus because: misusing breakaway bloodcells

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join