It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transnistria wants to join Russia too! CBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When I was in Moldova about 5 years ago there was a big push to join the EU. The downtown streets of Chisnau were decorated with EU flags in anticipation of some kind of event intended to woo the EU.

Moldova felt very Russian, and I got the impression that a lot of the older folks miss the old Soviet days. I saw tons of half-completed construction projects that must have stopped once the Berlin Wall fell.

A lot of people living in Moldova have extended family in Russia.

I know some people over there, I should get in touch and see what their opinion is. . .
edit on 24-3-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

why do you think Russians can only access Russian media?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

demus

Because Russia has booted / closed all foreign media / Ukraine media outlets in Crimea and has shut down Russian media outlets who criticize his actions.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Xcathdra

demus

Because Russia has booted / closed all foreign media / Ukraine media outlets in Crimea and has shut down Russian media outlets who criticize his actions.

yes, I heard about that.
I thought you were talking about all Russians.

even in crimea we don't know the real situation with the media, internet, mobile networks, electricity and water...
but their access to foreign media is probably limited.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

demus
yes, I heard about that.
I thought you were talking about all Russians.

To an extent I am.. Putin has rolled back media freedoms since he took office the first go around. Its to the point now where the only options left are state run media sites for Russian.

demus
even in crimea we don't know the real situation with the media, internet, mobile networks, electricity and water...
but their access to foreign media is probably limited.

Which prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not an issue.

Do you / anyone else find it confusing for Crimea to declare its independence based on freedom to choose only to see all forms of media / information not in line with official policy closed? To guarantee rights of minorities only to see an edict that forces all Tartars who are "squatting" to be forcibly relocated to somewhere else (which has not been identified by the Russian / Crimean government).
Crimean's claim they wanted to have freedoms, yet they have no issues when those freedoms are denied to people who don't share that view point?

When a countries actions are lawful with the support of the people, there is no need to control information. That is done when they want to control the story in an effort to portray it as something it very well is not.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

same old story - USA has free media, Russia is controlling information.

it's not black and white.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

demus

same old story - USA has free media, Russia is controlling information.

it's not black and white.

In the US I can access western media, in addition to non MSM sources, Middle East news outlets, Asian, African, South American, even north Korean etc etc etc.

Can the same be said about Crimea / Russia?

Should it not be up to the people to decide what they will believe based on their own research as opposed to believing what they are told to believe?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As I understand it my sources tell me that Sesame Street, The Electric Company and the Geedunk have also all filed to join russia, and there is word a tentative agreement between the "Justice League" and the russian government has been reached. I am currently recovering the launch codes for the "Ice 9" missile. The russians have stated with the assistance of the justice league, big bird, burt, ernie, oscar and the cookie monster, russia intends to take bass pro shops by force. I WILL PUSH THE BUTTON !

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

why do you think they cannot access everything you can?

(talking about whole Russia)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I was asking about whole Russia...
as for Crimea, situation over there is different.

but talking about the propaganda war along side invasions and disinformation, USA is the last country in the world that has moral ground to make any kind of accusations.

even, I saw many reports from Western media that were in Crimea...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

The reason they tried to stop a vote in the Crimea was not because they feared that the population would vote to join Russia but because they didn't want others to follow them and that is why we have j.Kerry on our TV's talking BS about the vote being illegal.

Keep watching the Ukraine because most of the population feel cheated and want nothing to do with those that not only seized power at the point of a gun but they also turned them guns on their own people, like they were told to do so America could ride in as an hero but it's all going wrong for those that planned it.

Mr Putin is the Hero and will remain so even after we feel the cold in Europe as the new leaders in the Ukraine blow up the pipelines

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

VirusGuard
Mr Putin is the Hero ...

How would you explain that to the people of Chechnya? Or Kaliningrad?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crucified

Star for you my friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

demus

Links?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

Right back at yah my penguin friend

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Xcathdra

demus
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

Since Russian citizens can only access Russian media, there is no point in adding a title to it.

Yeah, it's not like there is satellite TV or Internet in Russia, or Russians all over the world for that matter... Those pesky commies and their curtains of iron and their funny fur hats and vodka, what do they know anyways

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Vovin

Xcathdra

demus
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

Since Russian citizens can only access Russian media, there is no point in adding a title to it.

Yeah, it's not like there is satellite TV or Internet in Russia, or Russians all over the world for that matter... Those pesky commies and their curtains of iron and their funny fur hats and vodka, what do they know anyways

You and the others just don't pay attention and only hear what you want don't you.

Putin has gone on a kick of shutting down media in Russia that is critical of him. Crimea had all media outlets yanked except for Russian.

People should not have to circumvent the government in order to get information that is critical of their government.

Get it now?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Xcathdra

demus

Links?

you can find links if you want to.

maybe I'm wrong on this one; at least that would be good explanation why CNN is keeping "missing Malaysian plane" on the top of their home page, writing numerous articles about it for 2 WEEKS! now.

they would like to report from Crimea but they are not allowed to.
makes sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

ups, I found one - seems like those Russians didn't manage to hunt down and kill every last one of them...

CNN from Crimea
edit on 26-3-2014 by demus because: changing archetipical meanings

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join