It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transnistria wants to join Russia too! CBC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is from March 18 but I don't recall seeing this here. I am watching it now in the CBC.

LINK

After Crimea, the breakaway region of Moldova, Transnistria, also wants to become part of Russia, the Russian newspaper Vedomosti reported on Tuesday. A request to change the Russian legislation and allow Transnistria to join Russia was submitted by the head of the Supreme Soviet of the separatist region, Mihail Burla to the head of Russian State Duma, Serghey Narishkin.

The CBC anchor is reporting that they believe that this is the solution is to Join Russia.

This is mainland Ukraine. I think even Putin might consider that a little aggressive towards Ukraine and I don't think he will support it although I am sure he welcomes the support.
edit on 23-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: add opinion

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The request was filed amid a draft law sent in the Duma by “Spravedlivaia Rossia” Party regarding the simplification of annexation procedures. According to this draft law, Russia should be able to annex foreign territories without the government’s consent of the countries they belong to, which lack a “legitimate and efficient authority” and following a referendum, the source said.

Looks like they took a page from our book.

Just make it legal and its all ok...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The third, the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR), commonly known asTransnistria to English-speakers, remains unrecognized by Moscow. (This week its Supreme Soviet sent an official note asking if, in the light of Crimea, it, too, could join the Russian Federation).

LINK

The CBC report that I am watching as well as the article I posted in the OP both report that this is an movement growing within the regions. However, the Washington Post is reporting that Moscow won't recognize them but sent them a generic "join us" application.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

The third, the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR), commonly known asTransnistria to English-speakers, remains unrecognized by Moscow. (This week its Supreme Soviet sent an official note asking if, in the light of Crimea, it, too, could join the Russian Federation).

LINK

The CBC report that I am watching as well as the article I posted in the OP both report that this is an movement growing within the regions. However, the Washington Post is reporting that Moscow won't recognize them but sent them a generic "join us" application.

I don't like it.

Nations scrambling to join Nato, Or Russian Alliances.

Teams are lining up.

Cold war Part Deux ,

Twice as Stupid, Twice as dangerous.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They should do well to remember this day when the soviet union 2.0 falls.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, we are quickly running out of crappy third world countries to exploit and wage proxy wars over, so you know, futures not looking so good.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crucified

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Wont happen...

he issue has been addressed by the government at the UN.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

If you say so.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't think Russia would want it anyway. They are better used by Russia as an example of how Russia does not wish to control Ukraine daily life. If delusional fiction counted, the US and that way-out-of-his-league kid pretending to be in control of Ukraine, might be winning. But this is reality... so the are not.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

I don't think Russia would want it anyway. They are better used by Russia as an example of how Russia does not wish to control Ukraine daily life. If delusional fiction counted, the US and that way-out-of-his-league kid pretending to be in control of Ukraine, might be winning. But this is reality... so the are not.

Actually Russia already has military on the ground in that Province. They are described as "peace keeping".

Russia is barely getting away with Crimea... I am stating that if he continues to push, he will find more than just a sanctions at his door.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Can you define "barely getting away with Crimea"

Because from the look of it Putin has gotten away with it scot free.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Bellor

Russia received sanctions... Ukraine has not relinquished their position on Crimea being a part of Ukraine. The UN won't recognize the move and neither will the world. IF he moves into E. Ukraine and decides to follow thru with his comments about reclaiming territory from the former Soviet Union, he is done.

Right now Putin's position is being tolerated. go beyond Crimea and I don't see more sanction's coming down the pipe. I see a military intervention.

Anything that occurs within Crimea is the Responsibility of Russia as the occupying force. Should events start happening to the Tartars, there is no way he is going to dodge responsibility. The announcement of forced relocation of Tartars who are "squatting" with absolutely no clear sign of where they will be "relocated" to speaks volumes. Its speaks so loudly in fact it was much better in its original German form.

World War III / A second Soviet Union will not be tolerated, especially by those countries he wants to reabsorb.

If Putin goes off the deep end he will face the same issue Rome did - 4 columns advancing towards the walls and a 5th column inside.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

-------Right now Putin's position is being tolerated. go beyond Crimea and I don't see more sanction's coming down the pipe. I see a military intervention. -------

suiside action of the western world??????? possible.... an loosers action
Russia is able to mirror all sanctions douwn economical and militairy...

if Russia decides to get paid in roebels for the gas and oil..
the US is forced to confiscate all the gold reserves from the country's loyal to them that are stored in the US to save the dollar...
that will pissing the EU off.....

edit on 23-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

ressiv
suiside action of the western world??????? possible.... an loosers action

I think you meant suicide and loser?

ressiv
Russia is able to mirror all sanctions douwn economical and military...

not really no...

ressiv
if Russia decides to get paid in roebels for the gas and oil..

nothing will change. Russia and China had already agreed some time back to use their own currencies when its direct trade between the 2 nations.

Secondly, do you really think countries, like former soviet SSR's, are going to go along with that change when Russia is preparing to carve the countries up? Do you really think Russia's actions are going to actually prevent former SSR's from applying for NATO membership.

Someone needs to tell Putin its not opposite day.

ressiv
the US is forced to confiscate all the gold reserves from the country's loyal to them that are stored in the US to save the dollar...
that will pissing the EU off.....

Ah yes, more glorious Russia propaganda.. Feel free to quote your sources that the US is confiscating gold.

As always I enjoy your posts.. They are straight forward, to the point, and well.. Cosmic technologies come to mind..

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

This is mainland Ukraine. I think even Putin might consider that a little aggressive towards Ukraine and I don't think he will support it although I am sure he welcomes the support.
edit on 23-3-2014 by MALBOSIA because: add opinion

This is not part of Ukraine. Moldava is a separate country and Transnistria is a republic that has separated (arguably) from Moldova. They also have been trying to annex since the uprising which is over 20 years old.

en.wikipedia.org...
Map
edit on 3/23/2014 by Kukri because: added links

ETA: Moldova is known as the arms smuggling capitol of Europe as the former Soviet Union left tons of weapons behind after the breakup and they have finding their way into conflicts all over the world. They also manufacture weapons in several factories built by the old USSR.
edit on 3/23/2014 by Kukri because: post script

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Bellor

Russia received sanctions... Ukraine has not relinquished their position on Crimea being a part of Ukraine. The UN won't recognize the move and neither will the world. IF he moves into E. Ukraine and decides to follow thru with his comments about reclaiming territory from the former Soviet Union, he is done.

Yip well China recognises it, so I guess thats all that Russia cares about.

Oh yeah, those sanctions!, are those the sanctions Putin and his buddies in the Kremlin had a good laugh about?, I seem to recall Putin spoke to HR and had his wages deposited in that bank that was "sanctioned" LOL.

How many bases has Russia secured now exactly?

Yeah, sounds like he "barely" got away with it, haha.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Bellor
Yip well China recognises it, so I guess thats all that Russia cares about.

China is playing both sides of the street on this one and are in danger of being hit by traffic in both directions. China abstained from the UN vote. China is looking at their own interests in the Pacific. If they refused to recognize Crimea, then they would have taken themselves out at the knees with regards to Taiwan / the disputed islands Japan controls etc etc etc.

Bellor
Oh yeah, those sanctions!, are those the sanctions Putin and his buddies in the Kremlin had a good laugh about?, I seem to recall Putin spoke to HR and had his wages deposited in that bank that was "sanctioned" LOL.

Do you really think Putin would come out and state the sanctions are impacting him / his buddies / Russia? Please tell me you are not that naïve. The Russian economy was no where near to being ship shape at the start of his madness. He thinks Europe / Ukraine are so reliant on their energy resources that he is not looking at the larger picture. Russia does not have the military force to control the world (as the Soviet union tried to do). That means, they are attempting to use economics as that weapon. The problem is Russia is not the only source of those resources all though at the present they are the go to man.

What happens when Europe decides economics are no longer a factor in dealing with Russian actions? Russia is not self sufficient and has a decent trade relationship with Europe.

The European economies can deal with the loss of Russian markets. The Russian economy, on the other hand, cannot.

How many bases has Russia secured now exactly?

Yeah, sounds like he "barely" got away with it, haha.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

demus
if Russian propaganda was any good they would already make a very catchy name for "the happening", something like: "Russian Spring"...

Since Russian citizens can only access Russian media, there is no point in adding a title to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join