It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bit me last night?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Last night while walking home, I seemed to have a bit mark on my arm. I looked down, but I had NO CLUE what could bit me. It is winter here, and about 0c. No bugs. The mark is red, no clue what it could have been. I will try and upload pictures of the mark when I get home, I am at the office right now, and don't have access to a camera.

Later that same night while walking home, I was bit again, almost the exact same spot. This mark dissapeared quickly, while the other is still there. It is larger, itchier, and redder then it was before. Sorry if this post is a bit confusing, I am quite worried, and tired. My arm appears to be slightly swollen.

I am not allergic to anything, yet there seems to be a reaction accuring. Anybody have any ideas?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
hmm sounds bad,

If its swollen maybe its best to have a doc look at it,

Also write down where you remember being bit and at what time,

Have you asked anyone else in that area if they have experienced anything like this latley

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Talked to the doctor about it, said it was nothing... gave my some painkillers.

I gave my mom a call, talked to a bunch of my friends. None of them have heard of anything.

It's kind of worrying.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
could be a spider bite -- if it is itchy try some benedryl if you can take that -- shouldn't be a problem though -

jm

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not a spider bite.

I was in full winter gear, except for a section of my shoulder.

I believe it was too high up for a spider bite.

kix

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A tick...maybe if that is so check inmediatelly for lyme disease

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
A tick...maybe if that is so check inmediatelly for lyme disease

It is winter here in Canada... no there are no ticks here in winter.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What about a bedbug type thing? They live year round in bedding and anything rich in sebum and skin cells like the inside of warm often worn coats. Bites leave nice red welts. Did you inspect the inside of your coat?

If your coat is down, could it be a small puncture from the end of a feather? I get stabbed regularly by my pillow when the end of the feather pops out a bit.

Lyme's ticks are active in the summer months, so I doubt it's a tick bite.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
have pets at home? maybe you could have had a flea hanging around in your jacket that just came with you from home and waited untill you were outside to bite you. same could hold true for a spider

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Could have been a "stoaway" spider that that was in your jacket before you left home and a certain movement caused it alarm.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
like skychief said -- sometimes spiders get into your clothes in your closets -- so winter doesn't matter too much to them - and as your body warms them up they get more active (I've had bites year round because of that) -- I really don't like spiders and I have major reactions to them-- have actually had what looked like blood poisoning (where you get that red streak that runs down from the swelling) from a bite. And of course wouldn't you know that we live in a house that is old and has lots of spiders

jm

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I agree,
possibly spider or flea.

I got a flea bite, about a week ago.
Caught the little bugger in action, so I know what it was
It coincided with us bringing our dog home from the
groomers.
It left a nice itchy bump on my arm for
a few days.

The flea,