It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ideas psychic revelations, or creative manifestations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do you think ideas are psychic revelations that we discover from a source of infinite knowledge of some sort?

or

Do you think we have the power to creatively manifest our own ideas into the physical 3d world?

Idea one i would say removes the ego from the equation and idea two gives us the power and is a more egocentric point of view. I choose to believe in the idea supporting question number 1.

What is your perspective?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Just to be clear: there's no "right answer" you're looking for here, right? This is just a discussion to see who can come up with the weirdest idea?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Just want to see what people think.

No right or wrong.
edit on 3/23/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Do you think ideas are psychic revelations that we discover from a source of infinite knowledge of some sort?

If what you mean is do ideas come from inside us or outside us, then I say both.

One what I call proof of this is have you ever done or said something you are sorry for later? Where did that idea come from?

Some will argue dual nature, I prefer to think theres a me and theres all these forces acting upon me. Some of my own preconceived nature, some I have been told or trained to believe in and some from "the beyond".

The real me evaluates these ideas and then accepts or rejects them.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Imagination is not real. Only other realities manifesting as thoughts.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This is an extremely difficult thing to grasp because you have to try to separate the attributes of the soul and the spirit; and the difficultly in that is that they work together to form and manifest the idea - which is the image of an awareness.

To understand what I mean... try to explain your awareness to me without words or images or sound or anything connected to a sensation. That is, pass me your awareness without the use of your images/body. You cannot do it, nor can you do it without will....

It is a trinity - which consists of awareness, will, and the image / body of the awareness.

My guess, however, is a difficult to understand both (1 and 2).

I think all ideas are already apart of Father, and it is our will, in tandem with our awareness, and our body, which chooses to see the idea/image of awareness brought before us. Thus, that awareness is manifest to us by the Holy Spirit into the images who is Jesus.

So... maybe we kind of choose what we want to see, but what is seen is already there. I mean, it must already be there if we are to see it.

--We can only see Jesus, who is the image of Father, or to put it another way... we can only see the image of awareness... or the image of the ideas... we cannot see the awareness or ideas themselves.

Also please take what I have said with a grain of salt or just check the Bible or pray on it because I do not want to be accountable for my best guesses at understanding God.

Edit to add:
Colossians 1:15

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Based on the above passage, maybe what I said applies mostly to the firstborn. So, once the firstborn are given will, they may have partial control to manifest their own awareness, will, and body?
edit on 3/23/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Both.

(1)Higher level being evaluates situation and send informational data to earth being->(2)Being on earth tries to evaluate data with current sensory data and previous understanding and choose action (manifestation thru human agent)

(1)->(2)->(1)->(2)->(1)->(2)

Informational data can for instance be new concept to change previous understanding, situational data to act on, calming data.

Ego projection/distortion of data have always been the big problem from my point of view.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If ideas are psychic revelations, then why doesn't a child write a novel? Surely he could just psychically manifest one in his mind?

Ideas come from experience and develop over time.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think both are true. And imagination is a crucial skill to develop as its a part of visualizing or co-creating.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

This actually happens.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Aphorism
If ideas are psychic revelations, then why doesn't a child write a novel? Surely he could just psychically manifest one in his mind?

Perhaps there other plans for your child.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Aphorism

Children make Picassos all the time. An idea emerging as brush strokes, or handprints, or scribbled crayon. Putting legos together, playing with toy cars and little girls, they are always imagining new ways for life to happen. New futures, new dreams. Children are more creative than adults. Maybe it's because they haven't been hurt, because they're not afraid. They have a simple idea of life, and simple ways to make it better. What takes our politicians two hours to talk about, they sum up in a simple sentence. I've heard more wisdom from 8 year olds than most adults. There's even speculation that all children are at least moderately psychic until they learn to stop using their creativity. So while I don't necessarily agree with you, I will say that the matter deserves some proper research.
edit on 24-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Both, but I've always lent more credence to the physical manifestation side...Take synchronizations, for example. Merely coincidence, or is it the fact that you thought of it that gave birth to it?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This actually happens.

You're correct. Children have written novels.

Then how about this: if I were to read one of them, might I find something comparable to a what an adult might write? In other words, could a child psychically manifest the same ideas as an adult? If not, why?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Children make Picassos all the time. An idea emerging as brush strokes, or handprints, or scribbled crayon. Putting legos together, playing with toy cars and little girls, they are always imagining new ways for life to happen. New futures, new dreams. Children are more creative than adults. Maybe it's because they haven't been hurt, because they're not afraid. They have a simple idea of life, and simple ways to make it better. What takes our politicians two hours to talk about, they sum up in a simple sentence. I've heard more wisdom from 8 year olds than most adults. There's even speculation that all children are at least moderately psychic until they learn to stop using their creativity. So while I don't necessarily agree with you, I will say that the matter deserves some proper research.

I don't think I said that children aren't creative. I implied the ideas, or what they create, is in reference to their experiences, and not endowed by some invisible force.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Aphorism

I don't think I said that children aren't creative. I implied the ideas, or what they create, is in reference to their experiences, and not endowed by some invisible force.

What, like ghosts?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
excellent topic!

I believe ideas come in two flavors:

Ideas come from internal reflection based on logical previous meditations on the topic, or

come from opening yourself to creative channels. you simply make an effort to receive creativity, and it shows up. the catch is that you must be ready to drop what your doing and write down/record/remember this new thought that pops into your head.

it is to my understanding that this creative source has nothing to do with our physical world.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

LucidWarrior
Both, but I've always lent more credence to the physical manifestation side...Take synchronizations, for example. Merely coincidence, or is it the fact that you thought of it that gave birth to it?

You mean like looking at the clock without thought and seeing number patterns appearing (11:11)?
edit on 24-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

LucidWarrior

You mean like looking at the clock without thought and seeing number patterns appearing (11:11)?

No, synchronization is where, say you're thinking about, I don't know, purple spotted elephants. Then, all of a sudden, something about purple spotted elephants randomly pops up. Most see those as coincidence, but what I was trying to say was what if by you thinking of it, you made that coincidence occur?
edit on 24-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

LucidWarrior

LittleByLittle

LucidWarrior

No, synchronization is where, say you're thinking about, I don't know, purple spotted elephants. Then, all of a sudden, something about purple spotted elephants randomly pops up. Most see those as coincidence, but what I was trying to say was what if by you thinking of it, you made that coincidence occur?
edit on 24-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: Grammar

Both situations are from my point of view created by the same field. Quantum reality changed by adding manifesting energy (ki) that can be used to manifest intention or to read what will be (or both). Two occurrences in space time connected to each other.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join