It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Israel really have nuclear weapons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just in terms of "where/how do they test"- the Vela Incident (en.wikipedia.org...) is probably about as comprehensive answer as you will get.

I had a leftist south african politics teacher (weird combo) and he used to mention it regularly as if it were fact.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

France gave them the bomb first so they could keep everyone at bay. I guess the OP has not seen them test their latest ICBM's.

The real unbreakable alliance is the U.S., France and Israel. If someone tosses a nuke at the U.S. watch how fast France strikes them back.

Little Israel can unload a big ole can of whoop arse if they feel they have to. They can go toe to toe with Russia, you just watch as it will happen sooner rather than later. Israel can flood its skies with anti-ballistic missiles leaving Russian warheads to be shot down in droves.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The US, France and Israel in a threeway special relationship?....do you have any supporting evidence about this relationship?
I find it strange that France (along with Russia) were the leading anti war proponents during the US's invasion of Iraq.

Does Britain know?...she'll be gutted as she was out the door like a shot once the US wanted help in the Middle East?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Jukiodone
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The US, France and Israel in a threeway special relationship?....do you have any supporting evidence about this relationship?

No but I do know for a fact that the military intelligence services of these three are joined at the hip. Since France is in NATO that is all one needs to know about defending the states should we come under attack however it does go a bit farther than just being in NATO. Since our nations founding they have been there for us and we for them.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom
reply to post by freedomSlave

Ah, but Israel hasn't signed any treaties to worry about. And we've detected North Korea's nuclear tests, has there been any sign of a nuclear weapons test from Israel? In a country that small, it shouldn't be hard to spot.

Why would they have to test nuclear weapons if another country simply gives them working ones?

VictorVonDoom
reply to post by freedomSlave

Also, it would be a violation of the NPT for the US to provide Israel nuclear weapons.

Not if the rest of the world doesn't find out.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

2013, Germany gave 4 Nuclear Submarines to Israel.................according to the media , oh and I believe such was mentioned on ATS.
edit on 23-3-2014 by steaming because: Mis-spellings again, i am sorry

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I assume that all those "missing" warheads from the US ended up there. If they're ever dumb enough to detonate one, it would be the end for them.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

steaming
reply to post by gladtobehere

2013, Germany gave 4 Nuclear Submarines to Israel.................according to the media , oh and I believe such was mentioned on ATS.
edit on 23-3-2014 by steaming because: Mis-spellings again, i am sorry

NOPE

those Dolphin class subs are the quietest conventional subs in existence....and supposedly armed with nuclear capable cruise missiles.......
One usually patrols close to Iranian waters constantly.....
However Israel is well equipped with all the nukes it needs.....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well, I guess the general consensus is that my conspiracy theory is crap, but something about the whole thing still doesn't smell quite right to me. Maybe I need to lay off the Perry Mason for a bit.

I do want to thank everyone for the civil and informative posts. I know that when the subject of Israel comes up, things can go real bad real quick. But I think everyone aquitted themselves very well here. It speaks very highly of the caliber of posters on ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Who says they have to test it in Israel? It's easy enough to test it elsewhere. LIke, at sea.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
They certainly have tactical warheads for their attack gunships and with the overall superiority of their air arsenal why would they need any kind of ballistic missile.

Although no one really knows I'm sure they can lay waste to the entire area with their fleet of F16's and attack helicopters. Someone mentioned they have a host of the old 'Stalin Organs" in case the Germans get out of line. KA-TOOSH-KA

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
do you really think the USA would not give Israel anything they wanted?

Missiles, tanks, nukes you name it its all on order and anything they didnt they could have in a matter of days.

I dislike Israels aggressiveness in the region, im not sure if its any better than the USA doing it. Jordan is a major major logistical place for that region and the USA knows it, thats why the arm the ones like are mates with.

maybe they shouldnt maybe they should, is our interest any better or worse than the USA's involvement?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Rest assured that Israel possesses nuclear weapons, and most likely some of the best available, where they have them stashed is anyone's guess ,but you can be sure they have them. Exactly how or where they got them from is anyone's guess, maybe they made them on their own as I'm certain they have the technology and finances or possibly the US or as mentioned before France supplied them to Israel. Why all the secrecy about having them....I really don't think its a big secret.....they just wont admit to having them for whatever reason they deem necessary....bottom line Israel is in possession of nuclear weapons of that you can be sure!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Who gives Israel all their money to fund their military? Do they also have nuclear weapons? You already know the answer to those two questions, so that should be all you need to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Don't you worry about Israel's budget to keep these warhead maintained.

They have 2 budget, one is their own and other is USA.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The idea still nags at me: if Israel has the goods, why not show?

There was the Vela incident,

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: Jukiodone beat me to it

edit on 24-3-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the question why they don't want to confirm or deny it is a good one.

most of the posters agree that Israel has nuclear weapons but I just remember Sun Tzu

"when you're weak, appear to be strong" (not trying to say that Israel is weak)

you never know, maybe they have less nuclear capabilities then their enemies know but they are pretending to be stronger than they really are.

(again, I realize Israel is very strong militarily)

good question.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

BDBinc

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?
edit on 23-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

If they admit to having them and they did enrich enough plutonium in there weapons grade reactor back after the four day war, is that acknowledgment means that under international mandate they have to then comply with international mandate which would not be suitable to there position, remember they are surrounded on all land borders by hostile nations and nearly lost the four day war except for there superior intelligence as logistically they should never have won but did, this was too close and for a generation whom still had the atrocity's of the second world war as well as generations of religious persecution, whom just wanted to feel safe in there bed's at night?, they most certainly have got the atomic bomb but will they ever use it, if there backs are to the wall and they have lost then YES they will use it.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

yes, probably.
nice one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join