It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested at her son's school for not "signing in". School put on "LOCKDOWN".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Be that as it may, if she wasnt there to visit her son and was armed she may have been a social terrorist.

You cant just not sign in. Its exactly why they have a sign in.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Security doesn't equal a prison just like a lack of common sense, such as in displayed by all the parties in the OP's story, doesn't mean something is more secure.

Neither does a fear of being struck by lightning drive us to try and protect everyone from that. There are many more deaths each year from that than "school violence".

The media has run off with your "common sense" (again, respectfully).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Are teachers suppose to call the parent ? Or are they suppose to call the principal or main office first to alert them of an emergency issue...and then the office or principal would call the parent....I'm envision a bunch of issues all combined into one cluster situation....of course my opinion only....teacher breaks protocol and calls parent, parent rushes to school, they buzz her in not knowing emergency, she rushes past the guard in a frantic flurry, guard yells at her to stop , she keeps going , school guard panics that someone is about to blow up the school. The office panics and calls the police, principal panics and finds her in class room (possibly yelling at teacher for why her child is so upset or some scene), principal yells at her, she yells back,and cops show up. Mother is being unruly ,about school rules, and gets arrested... Voila! The perfect s#### storm. It sounds like they're both to blame.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

(gasp) Of course... Freddy Krueger could be real after all, and lurking down the halls of our own children's school if a single adult may ever be allowed to pass on that life and death sign in table. Goodness.. I have no concept how we survived in the 80's. We had no fences beyond those meant as property lines (no wire across the top or reinforced sally port style gates) and ..didn't even have school cops that any students would really have known about. (We had a truancy cop .... one.... for a large city district back then).

How silly to imagine that zero tolerance policies of any kind could bend...without breaking the fabric of space/time itself.

(Excuse my sarcasm...I've just been on the pointy end of what this mom got and I've had about all I can take of tin pot dictators that are under delusions of grandeur as to their personal authority and importance in life)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

intrptr
Neither does a fear of being struck by lightning drive us to try and protect everyone from that. There are many more deaths each year from that than "school violence".

The media has run off with your "common sense" (again, respectfully).

I'm not really sure how comparing getting struck by lightning to people having to be checked into a school, hospital, some other private business is a valid approach.

Then again, I have no common sense which was clearly seen in my initial response to the OP.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes. That's possible. But surely this kind of publicity has dragged them down even lower? The book could have been signed and everyone could have been happy.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

i get that, but if she wasnt there to see her son and didnt sign in, would that be a security risk?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Biigs

i get that, but if she wasnt there to see her son and didnt sign in, would that be a security risk?

Yes.. It would be. I'll grant that, and if the school eyeballs a person they do not know, asking who they are...before calling in the troops, may not be the worst idea. It could be a rabid school shooter...or it could be an in-law or grandmother who isn't accustomed to procedure and needs help, not handcuffs.

I think what blows me away is that they absolutely knew who this was. After all, THEY just called HER to come down, as it happens...and knew who she was well enough to helpfully tell her the 'Calvary was coming' to save them all from...her.

Lets say her history of issues is legitimate (and on that, I'll just say it's probably best I not know what they've penned about ME, as a "non-cooperative parent" at times), then I'd ask even more (not less), what were they thinking? Again..they called her? Then how does having a 'problem parent' go out in handcuffs exactly help whatever history they claim was considered?

again...they called her. I'd almost wonder if I'd been outright set up, given the history I DO have with this district, if such a thing were to happen here.

I read the OP again..and especially the last few paragraphs..and I just can't get over one fact. They called HER...then had her arrested almost immediately after arriving. In the end, and whatever else (given everyone recognized each other..no 'stranger danger' crap to claim) it comes down to that bottom line. Wow..... Quite a day for Mom and child both, I'm sure.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Severe lack of common sense on the part of the principle.

If my child had that issue and the teacher called me to come quickly to calm him/her,
I'd be there faster than you could blink. And I wouldn't bother with the signing in
until later.

Stupid stupid principle.

The mother should sue for emotional distress for herself and her child.

Normally I'm against law suits for $$$ ... but sometimes it's the only way to teach a lesson.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm not really sure how comparing getting struck by lightning to people having to be checked into a school, hospital, some other private business is a valid approach.

Then again, I have no common sense which was clearly seen in my initial response to the OP.

I went back and re read that and yes, you do have common sense (from an adult perspective). My play was (for the children). A lock down is a sudden alarm at the school. Its a bell ringing, lock the doors, hide under your desks, theres a monster loose experience. its unnerving to the children and totally unnecessary.

As far as lightning, theres nothing that can be done about that either. The next time someone attacks a school it will happen because someone (some asshole) figured a way to defeat whatever system is currently in place. You can never prevent that. Trying to prevent it everywhere is what makes it worse. The hand wringers will see to that. They won't stop either until we all stay home behind fortress walls, chained to the floor and force fed.

Sound familiar?

Just my two senses.

link   
and there is talk of putting armed guards in gun free schools?
*sigh*
btw
they lock down a school for a lot of reason that have nothing to do with a particular school
boston was an example of the direction that sort of thing is headed towards

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago47 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   
Stopped reading at "Aspergers" it's a phantom "illness" if it dare gets that title. I am also aware that "Aspergers" in my opinion is linked directly to "babying" adolents and teens and can be cured with proper techniques of parenting to get the child's spine back and sense of responsibility. Now if a person has a mental disorder where they are actually hindered by it then it is something more complex and pressing than "Aspergers". Mom broke all the rules she knew were in place. Name one special needs parent who don't know the ins and outs of a situation involving their kid because they handle them all the time. Mom is over protective and it's harming her child.

This mom knew she had to sign in, knew it wasn't a life threatening emergency to trump said sign in protocol especially where special needs kids are because they are at more risk of being harmed. This mom is the problem not the school. She failed to follow the rules everyone wanted to protect these kids.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

marbles87
Stopped reading at "Aspergers" it's a phantom "illness" if it dare gets that title. I am also aware that "Aspergers" in my opinion is linked directly to "babying" adolents and teens and can be cured with proper techniques of parenting to get the child's spine back and sense of responsibility. Now if a person has a mental disorder where they are actually hindered by it then it is something more complex and pressing than "Aspergers". Mom broke all the rules she knew were in place. Name one special needs parent who don't know the ins and outs of a situation involving their kid because they handle them all the time. Mom is over protective and it's harming her child.

This mom knew she had to sign in, knew it wasn't a life threatening emergency to trump said sign in protocol especially where special needs kids are because they are at more risk of being harmed. This mom is the problem not the school. She failed to follow the rules everyone wanted to protect these kids.

asbergers is a functional problem between the neurotranmitters and the immune system.
im glad you don't have any of the people afflicted by this in your environment
with that 'tude you would deserve a book in the mellon

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

agreed.

If my kid was in the same class, i wouldnt want a "unknown" person being let into his school class without verification, just because she WAS who she said she was doesnt mean she can just skip basic procedures.

I fail to see the issue with this.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The best way to prevent school shootings is to make it standing policy on a national level, and very widely known at that. The #1 priority is taking a shooter ALIVE....and never dead. (They want death in many cases...remove that as anything but an outcome everyone is working to avoid. Now? It's the easiest outcome for a shooter to see happen).

Then..since we are SO fond of mandatory minimums for crimes where harm wasn't even a factor in the direct offense? Lets add just one to the books. Discharge of a firearm within school grounds with intent to maim or injure, while children are present rates 25/life with 0 exception under law. Ever. Period. End of Story and END OF THEM.

See how many race to be the next one up for "fame" when it's 40-60 years in a concrete box and obscurity as close to a cause/effect promise of result as anything in life gets. Maybe we can stop the true INSANITY of the 0 tolerance "I can't think..I need a book to follow! Help!" thinking we're shackled with...literally, these days.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have a sister with a metal disorder and is handicapped. And like I said Aspergers is not an illness it is a false sense of no social responsibility. I know people who use this as an excuse for socially unacceptable behavior and I'm not afraid to voice my view on this problem. As someone who was in scolastic tournaments with special needs child I can tell you Aspergers and Autism children use it as a crutch instead of fighting the thought they think there is something wrong with them because society says there is. If you have social, problems, have ticks, weird or goofy, have out of the box ideas.. You're not ill you are normal and society says you're not because "normal" is the new ill.

Your rebuttle?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

The issue is... a Mother was called out of bed to help her child as the order of the district. (you don't tell them 'no' more than once or twice..before you find what "or else" means, by the way) and she found her child...just in time to be arrested and booked on a serious criminal charge.

You see no issue when no one was acting in bad faith here and no harm was ever intended? Her attorney fees for just what has happened to this stage...if it's all dropped 100% tomorrow...will probably change her life in big ways. I see everything wrong with the callous attitude we've developed for 'win, lose or draw...call the law' on everything, however small or trivial.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The SCHOOL called the woman down with an urgent situation. The woman reacted as any mother would be expected to act. The SCHOOL initiated the situation. When my daughter was in grade school (grades 5-8) her school was a size that the teachers knew all the parents. And most of the students knew the parents of the kids as well. Do we know the size of the school involved?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You see no issue when no one was acting in bad faith here and no harm was ever intended? Her attorney fees for just what has happened to this stage...if it's all dropped 100% tomorrow...will probably change her life in big ways. I see everything wrong with the callous attitude we've developed for 'win, lose or draw...call the law' on everything, however small or trivial.

Sad, sad days we are living in, when a person in a position of authority, lacks the ability to use "Common Sense" and because of that, someone is harshly introduced into our criminal justice system.........

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The best way to prevent school shootings is to make it standing policy on a national level, and very widely known at that.

Sorry Wrabbit, there is now way to totally prevent them. The perps don't value life. Maybe they value being "widely known" more?

I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment you understand, just the practical application.

These are monsters. The sad thing is all this security only reveals that we do not know how to prevent manimals from unleashing hell like at sandy hook. And the kid was a definite red flag long before he went off, too.

If we can't handle that job, then trying to keep the monsters out is wasted effort, like window dressing the real problem.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join