It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the big coverup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

makaveli3601
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

To believe there are no aliens is rather absurd.. There are more planets in the universe than grains of sand on earth, just through odds and probability there HAS to be life somewhere else. couple that fact with the other inarguable point that our galaxy in only a few billion years old, the galaxy is almost 14 billion years old...now think about those numbers for a good long minute...think how far we have come in the last 100 years, now go one step further and imagine intelligent life that is BILLIONS of years more advanced than us.. Hard to even get your mind around the possibilities and potential.

I never said I don't believe there could be aliens. But I also believe, since we have no hard evidence yet, that there's a possibility they don't exist.

All we have is conjecture at this point.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I respect the reserve you have for not believing till you see it, but like I said with the number of planets the odds are beyond astronomical that life is elsewhere.. You should check out the Drake equation sometime.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

makaveli3601

I respect the reserve you have for not believing till you see it, but like I said with the number of planets the odds are beyond astronomical that life is elsewhere.. You should check out the Drake equation sometime.
en.wikipedia.org...

You misunderstand...I'm well aware of the odds and the Drake equation, however, my point is that they're still just odds.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

But isn't everything we do in life based on odds and the chances of certain things coming to fruition? In a weird sense you might say that every day is a roll of the dice in one respect or another.
And by the way don't ever lose your objective nature, it's a refreshing change to chat with an obviously well read individual that is still analytical. Cheers mate!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If they did have something, or know something about an alien race thats been visiting, I'm pretty sure they'd be using it for propaganda for a arms race. Would be a great excuse for nations to get along for a proposed full scale invasion, and pool their resources. Problem with them, is whos is going to control what, or if anything at all.

I could see some pros and cons if aliens were disclosed to the public, as it would bring unity and settle some actual differences. While the cons would be absolute hysteria as well as immense paranoia in some folks, especially the unhealthy kind. In a religious end of the world context(I love doing this), it would be like God wiping all sin off earth wouldn`t it, and bringing peace at last.

I think some people can handle the reality of E.t, and would assume(much as I have) that if they wanted to invade, it would of been done long before the Nuclear arms race between U.S and Russia.

IMO, I know E.ts been in this part of the universe long enough, but the questions I`d like to ask myself is the five Ws, and how. Also, aliens being used as scapegoat is probably why the government keeps it secret, or pretends to know something other then being real, due to it being a distraction.

Yet, they don`t know anything about them.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by makaveli3601

I agree, and keep in mind, just the other day I saw a new statistic about planets, and scientists now estimate there may be up to 100 Billion habitable worlds in the Milky Way Galaxy ALONE. Pretty staggering thought.

edit on 23pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

makaveli3601

But isn't everything we do in life based on odds and the chances of certain things coming to fruition? In a weird sense you might say that every day is a roll of the dice in one respect or another.
And by the way don't ever lose your objective nature, it's a refreshing change to chat with an obviously well read individual that is still analytical. Cheers mate!

I wholeheartedly agree! I think about that everyday, perhaps even to my detriment (too much anxiety haha).

And thank you, my friend. Sometimes it's lonely being objective, so I appreciate the kind words!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
And then there is something that is so obvious that it is scary. UFOs seen, recorded on film and radar, that can out-fly, out-manuevre and out fight anything the human race has. The government[s] know all about it, after all how many studies have they funded and collected data on such as Project Blue Book, etc. You really want them to tell the truth to the public? The truth being that there is an advanced form of life that they have no control of and no defense against? Maybe we should hope there is a conspiracy [or treaty] between them and the government - If not they might just decide, that like ants, humans are too warlike and parasitical and they might just decide to eliminate the human species. I often hypothesize a friendly alien race - but it is a big universe - some might not be so friendly and have agendas to rival any B grade monster sci-fi movie.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

AlienView
And then there is something that is so obvious that it is scary. UFOs seen, recorded on film and radar, that can out-fly, out-manuevre and out fight anything the human race has. The government[s] know all about it, after all how many studies have they funded and collected data on such as Project Blue Book, etc. You really want them to tell the truth to the public? The truth being that there is an advanced form of life that they have no control of and no defense against? Maybe we should hope there is a conspiracy [or treaty] between them and the government - If not they might just decide, that like ants, humans are too warlike and parasitical and they might just decide to eliminate the human species. I often hypothesize a friendly alien race - but it is a big universe - some might not be so friendly and have agendas to rival any B grade monster sci-fi movie.

well said! Something to think about. Makes me think of Stephen Hawkins thoughts on should we really be aggressively seeking out some et contact. Just for the record he says no, because we don't know if they be friend or foe. We are a very primitive species. We like to think we are very technologically advanced. I suspect there are a great many alien civilizations that have thousands and even millions of years advancement on us. Being something of a Trekkie, I don't mind admitting also I think there is a very good possibility that there are some civilizations out there who like the Borg, could be more machine like, and evil. At our current tech level, we wouldn't stand a snowballs' chance in hell....as an astronaut said on "Nasa's Unexplained Files", "we don't know whats out there, that lurks in the shadows. Could be anything." Indeed.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by makaveli3601

The so called Cesare Cipher, a way of encrypting information, was named after a politician, Cesare. This is because secrecy is the modus operandi of government and has been since governments came into existence. The default is 'tell nobody unless there is a need to know'. The government does not need a reason to cover things up. They just cover it up because that's the way it is done.

Until the layers and layers of covering up become toxic and they have to lie to keep them covered up. They may have reasons now to keep covering things up but they did not need reasons in the beginning. It's the way things are done.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

data5091We like to think we are very technologically advanced. I suspect there are a great many alien civilizations that have thousands and even millions of years advancement on us.

But is technological advancement the only kind of advancement? I think the idea that it is is an artefact of the modern world. True advancement is in moral and spiritual terms and in this sense some of us, at least, may be more advanced than these aliens who seem to me to be spiritual yokels.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

EnPassant

data5091We like to think we are very technologically advanced. I suspect there are a great many alien civilizations that have thousands and even millions of years advancement on us.

But is technological advancement the only kind of advancement? I think the idea that it is is an artefact of the modern world. True advancement is in moral and spiritual terms and in this sense some of us, at least, may be more advanced than these aliens who seem to me to be spiritual yokels.

Oh absolutely not, and you pointed that out. Not only are some et's, more advanced not only technologically speaking, but as you indicated, in moral and spiritual terms, and add socialogically to I think, as I would suspect as well, especially I think, as it relates to mental capacity, hence so many aliens are described as having a large or big head, I suspect this may be because of a larger, much more higher capacity brain than we humans have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join