It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Bans Use of Welfare Benefits for Tatts, etc.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Halfswede

The little guy across the board needs to change and the whole picture will change since the little guy becomes the big guy. Why do you think those corporate thieves think it is ok? It is because they are raised in a society where it is encouraged from birth to get money by any means necessary. Think about it. Stealing is stealing regardless of amount.

The "little guy" becomes the "big guy"?

What dimension do you live in where this is true? It certainly is not this one.

You are absolutely right, the corporate thieves think it is OK because they are raised in a society where it is OK. Their own!
The vast majority of wealthy people (I'm talking the elite here, not some middle class guy who makes a decent salary) were raised that way. They were born into it. The big banking families.... the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Warburgs, etc. etc. have been powerful banking families for centuries because they are families, not because they recruit poor people into their club.

I know this not only from the Grand scale that you see in the world, but even on the smaller scale that I see here at home. The people with money always keep it in the family.

Louisiana is a very poor state. We are right next door to Mississippi, geographically and economically. I've lived here my whole civilian life. It was common to still see people plowing with mules around here even until the 70's and 80's. And it is not much better today. Everyone that I know that has ever had a decent middle class job around here has to work offshore or an a land rig or just altogether out of state. There were some plant jobs around here that could get you a middle class salary a few years ago, but there has been alot less of those with all the layoffs the manufacturing base has went through here just the last 6 years alone. It's not all that hopeful when you grow up with not much money or opportunities that come your way to make any.

It's true, some people get an opportunity to rise out of poverty and make them some real wealth. But more often what happens is people have no opportunity to do so. That's one big reason I joined the Army after high school, to make my own opportunity. (and its probably why a whole lot of people I met in the army were from Mississippi, Louisiana, W.Virginia, etc.) as much of a toll as those 8 years took on my body, what the hell else was I going to do? Sell insurance door to door and raise crops like my dad and his brothers and struggle like he did? Maybe I could have worked at the local chicken farm and still work my ass off and still been poor. Or maybe I coulda got a job stocking cans on the shelf at the local Piggly Wiggly and still been poor. Or maybe.....just maybe if I know the right people, I can get one of those coveted offshore jobs or something else like that where people only hire/promote their buddies and their brothers and their cousins.

So go ahead and tell me I'm wrong and people "rise above" poverty all the time. I won't disagree with you because I know its possible. But I have also lived around enough of it to know that the vast majority of the time its the exception and not the rule.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Halfswede

I did not read where there were charges for fraud brought about from this investigation. If it is against the law to purchase tattoos and other services and the investigator knows who the fraud is, why not? If you want to retrieve money, go after the bankers that brought the US to its knees. Geez, get off the backs of the poor, they will die off soon enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Dear Twenty-Something that is having trouble getting started in life:

Your visible tattoo makes you look like a low class idiot, as does your piercings. Many, many employers won't ever hire you now, and for the rest of your life, unless your skill set is stellar and in high demand, or you're in a town like Portland, Oregon where both are almost ubiquitous (although look at your higher earning peer group and you'll see few tats and piercings among them).

As someone who used to hire people who were the public face of my food-based business, I would NEVER hire anyone with tattoos or piercings, and I had people come in every day applying, plenty of which had neither impediment. Strangely, the 'non' group also seemed smarter, more bright eyed and less likely to spend their day staring at a Smartphone, goofing off or calling in sick.

Anyone who is on welfare and spending the money on 'body art' needs a good slap to the head and a starter course in Real Life 101.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Makes me wonder how many people have tattoes on this site

I like tattoes myself. I may get a few more. Possibly sport a mohawk at some point.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

As someone who used to hire people who were the public face of my food-based business, I would NEVER hire anyone with tattoos or piercings

I've just shy of 100 people working under me. 5 years ago, I hired a guy covered in tattoos. Best damned personnel decision I ever made. He's now ranks in the top 3 best performers of my department (and I'm not one of those myself). As the judge ... I think both of those calls are fair.

I know you've got your reasons for doing what you do ... but the cover of any book is oft a poor judge of its contents.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join