It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: SYRIAN jet shot down near Turkish border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

How do you think they came up with 'the Ashes' ?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

This is obvious propaganda and staged for mass effect. Do I believe a Syrian jet was shot down over Syrian territory? More than likely but seriously how do I know he was the pilot? His story seems very rehearsed. Why is he hiding under a blanket?

If you do believe that it is likely that the jet crashed in Syrian territory, and we do know that he ejected safely and survived, then why on earth would they use anyone else than the actual pilot for the interview? Come on.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

D377MC

This is obvious propaganda and staged for mass effect. Do I believe a Syrian jet was shot down over Syrian territory? More than likely but seriously how do I know he was the pilot? His story seems very rehearsed. Why is he hiding under a blanket?

If you do believe that it is likely that the jet crashed in Syrian territory, and we do know that he ejected safely and survived, then why on earth would they use anyone else than the actual pilot for the interview? Come on.

I didn't say I think it's not him, I said "how do we know?" It doesn't change the fact this still appears scripted or coerced. Perhaps he just doesn't like cameras and didn't want to read a script acknowledging he got shot in the bum with a Turkish missile. Pride thing and all that.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

all2human
reply to post by MrSpad

Not surprised Turkey downed an aircraft since they themselves are harboring and vetting terrorists into Syria
nor will I be if NATO forces two fronts against Russia by another push in Syria in the form of no-fly/safe zones
cold war is getting warmer.
Most of Assad's support is from the People of Syria.

edit on 23-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

The "terrorist" in Turkey are Syrians. And NATO does not need any fronts against Russia, it has Russia economic balls in a vice. So NATO has no more interest Syria now then is did over the last couple of years. And Assads support is not the people of Syria, it is mostly Iranian, Hezbollah and Lebanese militias. Assads support in Syria comes from part of the capital and some of the coastal providences. The Kurds have an enclave in the North. The foriegh jihadist support comes from the Iraqi border area (of course this now two camps fighting Assad, the rebels and each other). And the traditional rebels support comes from the rest of/ bulk of Syria.

So you have the remnants of the Syrian army, Iranians, Hezbollah, Lebanese Militas, and loyal Syrian Militias figthing for Assad with littel command and control. You have two different jihadist movements fighting each other, the rebels, Assad and the Kurds on occasion. You have the rebels who are fighting two jihadist movements and Assad, and you have the Kurds who fight anybody who comes near them.

If the Syrian people had supported Assad then the so would have the military and the rebels would have been crushed over night. I would not be suprised at some point to see Turkey just roll in create a safe zone in the the border areas like it used to do with Iraq on occasion.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I didn't speculate either way either. I just took it for granted because the alternatives seemed less plausible.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

It's complicated for sure, obviously disagreements are not limited to the battlefield, hope the conflict ends soon.
edit on 24-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Syria had a tactical nuke dropped on it? Seriously you honestly believe that? What you see in that video is the result of an arms depot going up. A tactical nuke going off in Syria and nobody noticed? Come on guys get serious here. Think about it? Syria with tens of thousands of Russian Citizens and Russia didn't record a nuclear detonation or any other nation in the region?

US testing of conventional explosives during Operation Sailor

en.wikipedia.org...

Albanian arms depot explosion

Russian arms depot explosion

Nuclear detonation my butt!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by andy1972

I think this was on purpose! Russia is on Syria's side, so somebody want to drag turkey in this whole crisis and start a war.

I think you will find that Turkey is trying to please it's masters in the west so that it can join the EU and feel upset that Nazi thugs from the Ukraine get let in but not Turkey.

Syria has no plans to attack Turkey, the logic does not compute

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Syrian missile systems lock onto five Turkish jets as clashes rage across border

Syrian air missile batteries locked onto five Turkish F-16 patrolling the Syrian border, the General Staff said in a statement March 25, two days after Turkey downed a Syrian aircraft.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Obama considers sending anti-aircraft weapons to Syrian opposition

President Barack Obama may authorize the shipment of new air defense systems to rebel forces in Syria’s ongoing civil war, a new Associated Press report states.

Citing an unnamed US official, the AP stated Obama is mulling over the idea of sending man-portable air-defense systems, also known as MANPADs, to Syrian opposition groups, a move that would mark a notable shift compared to the White House’s past statements.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join