It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: SYRIAN jet shot down near Turkish border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Ok, well first question. The pilot ejected safely and landed...where exactly?

I really have trouble believing that Syria would invade Turkish airspace when NATO is all geared-up for war, awaiting only a pretext to start a regional conflict. There would be absolutely no benefit to that whatsoever...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Syria really don't want to mess around with Turkey. We are a force to be reckoned with. Turkey has a substantial military force and unlike other countries, they will always respond to military aggression against them. In a way this also sends a message to Russia who are forcing Turkish Tatars in Crimea to leave. Recep Erdogan will respond should Russia cause problems.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Well so much for that question....

The Syrian warplane was shot down and fell in Syrian territory 1.2 kilometers away from the Turkish border.

To see if I understand this correctly, the Syrian Mig was flying towards Syria at the time? How else do the debris land 1,2 km in Syrian territory unless inertia carry them there?

So they shot a Mig which had invaded their airspace but was headed back towards Syrian airspace?

Hmmmm. Sigh....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

It has to be admitted, Turkey and Israel are in a covert war with Syria/Iran, with Shia Iraq/Russian support, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and NATO states
Its a frickn mess
edit on 23-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Hellas

Syria Shoots down Turkish jet

ATS.

It was the Rebels...

Syrian jet shot down near Turkey

ATS.

It was the Rebels...

And the "Rebels" are ...supported by whom?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

all2human

It has to be admitted, Turkey and Israel are in a covert war with Syria/Iran, with Shia Iraq/Russian support, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and NATO states
Its a frickn mess
I know for a fact that along the Turkey-Syria border there have been numerous incidents between the two countries militaries as well as what I would deem to be terrorists from Syria trying to cross the border and gain access to Turkey. There are thousands of Syrian refugees in Turkey at the moment, very close to the border. As much as people think Erdogan is corrupt he doesn't give two hoots and he will protect his country.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Turkey is notoriously one of the most capable military's on the planet, they are just intelligent enough not to toot their own horn as we Americans do. Ya would think somebody in our political arena would of read Sun Tzu, or rather ALL of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So lets see if I can make any sense of that once it has been correctly rephrased:

I know for a fact that along the Turkey-Syria border there have been numerous incidents between the two countries militaries as well as what I would deem to be terrorists Turkey as a NATO member has contributed to fund, arm and train trying to cross the border and gain access to Turkey.

Nope. Can't really figure it out. Why would they be trying to gain access to an area they have just come from?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Syria did say Turkish air defenses shot down the jet while it was attacking rebel forces inside Syrian territory. So again I imagine this is Erdogan trying to take the heat off his corruption scandal and hopefully it stops him looking like a total lunatic for trying to ban twitter. Its election time shortly for him as well LOL. Erdogan is a maniac not much chance of him surviving in power.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

Oh he's there to stay actually, and doing a great job. Doing exactly what his masters tell him to in fact.

Make no mistake, he is just another puppet, and will do whatever he is directed to do by NATO headquarters.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

But the timing of this? during a AK Party rally in İstanbul?? with only six days remaining before the election????

Sounds pretty suspect to me, and as far as I can tell any witness accounts confirm rockets firing from Turkey into Syria. Turkey could easily invent an excuse any day of the week to justify retaliation against Syria, the Turkish border is compromised on a daily basis. But it just so happens it chose to do this when that maniac Erdogan is being investigated for corruption lol. He's pullin a slick willy.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

with only six days remaining before the election????

Suits him pretty good, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

D377MC

So lets see if I can make any sense of that once it has been correctly rephrased:

I know for a fact that along the Turkey-Syria border there have been numerous incidents between the two countries militaries as well as what I would deem to be terrorists Turkey as a NATO member has contributed to fund, arm and train trying to cross the border and gain access to Turkey.

Nope. Can't really figure it out. Why would they be trying to gain access to an area they have just come from?
With the greatest of respect D377MC rephrasing my post makes you look extremely desperate in order to meet your agenda. Therefore I would respectfully request you refrain from lacking common decency and integrity. Surely you should be able to figure out my post that you rephrased.

Turkey has absolutely nothing to do with Syria's demise. Was their leader stockpiling chemical weapons and using them against their own countrymen and women? Is Erdogan the person giving orders to kill innocent women and children by mortars and shelling? Additionally, who has offered to protect the Syrian refugees who have fled the violent and brutal regime? The Turkish government.

Take your ball and go home.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by andy1972

I think this was on purpose! Russia is on Syria's side, so somebody want to drag turkey in this whole crisis and start a war.

I agree, and I hope we're both wrong !

There seems to be a lot of battle lines being drawn lately, almost as if nations are picking their side in advance and just waiting for the right event. I don't mean that as war mongering, but there are some strange events happening lately that lead a curious mind to think that they seem to be heading into one big event. And Turkey often seems to be a middle man that gets drawn into conflict. Maybe they're just unlucky, but when wars are pre-planned and scripted, then I think it has more to do with planning than bad luck !

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Turkey is Very much involved in the Syrian conflict lol, providing safe haven,arms and launch pad for the fsa,Al-ciada and other foreign nationals who seek to cause havoc within Syria, commanders and Turkish troops have been caught actively fighting inside the conflict zone, attacking Syria multiple times for little to no reason, without reprisal !
Turkey not involved? With all due respect have some more punch.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

all2human

Turkey is Very much involved in the Syrian conflict , providing a safe haven and launch pad for the fsa and other foreign nationals who seek to cause havoc within Syria, commanders and Turkish troops have been caught red handed fighting inside the conflict zone, attacking Syria multiple times for little to no reason, without reprisal!
Turkey not involved? With all due respect,Have some more punch.

Welcome to the debate Mr Assad.

I don't mean to be rude but you are just insignificant with your fruitless attempt at a punchy comeback.

Syrian troops have been caught crossing the Turkish border, shooting at Turkish soldiers and blowing up aircraft left, right and centre so of course Turkey are going to respond back (which they are entitled to do). I know Turkish Special Forces were operating in Syria but so was the UK, US, France...I could go on.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Fiction..
If Syrian troops were as you say "blowing up aircraft left, right and centre" within Turkey, western media would be ALL OVER it quickly resulting in a Syrian government and its military smouldering from NATO guns
The farce is strong in this one..

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Was their leader stockpiling chemical weapons and using them against their own countrymen and women? Is Erdogan the person giving orders to kill innocent women and children by mortars and shelling? Additionally, who has offered to protect the Syrian refugees who have fled the violent and brutal regime?

No, probably not but he is indirectly involved, and 'do you think he had a choice?' are the answers to your questions.

And don't get condescendent with me, I doubt you can get away with it without being shown to be a fool.

All you are doing is repeating mainstream media lies.

As it so happens, not even the UN inspectors could conclude with any certainty who had used chemical weapons. Fact. What that means is that you definitely cannot.

The 'countrymen' whom Assad is supposed to have used chemical weapons against are the fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, aunts, sisters and wives of the soldiers in the Syrian army.

How likely is that exactly?

That's a rhetorical question by the way, the answer is 'not at all' unless you purposely choose to peddle sensational fairy-tails which, interestingly, are rather reminiscent of the weapons of mass destruction, babies removed from incubators and other assorted delusions trumpeted by the usual media whores and propagandised around the net by individuals like yourself.

The problem you and the rest of the puppets pushing a certain agenda have is that the Syrian people say otherwise. They are just a lot more credible than you.

edit on 23-3-2014 by D377MC because: spelling, punctuation

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, probably not but he is indirectly involved, and 'do you think he had a choice?' are the answers to your questions.
Your proof? Oh yes, that's right, you have none.

And don't get condescendent with me, I doubt you can get away with it without being shown to be a fool.
Its actually spelt c-o-n-d-e-s-c-e-n-d-i-n-g. Who's the fool now?

As it so happens, not even the UN inspectors could conclude with any certainty who had used chemical weapons. Fact. What that means is that you definitely cannot.
So wait a minute, you accuse me of basically believing the main stream media's reports and you choose to believe a UN report? Contradiction? Additionally it was widely known Assad was gassing his own people.

The 'countrymen' whom Assad is supposed to have used chemical weapons against are the fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, aunts, sisters and wives of the soldiers in the Syrian army.
Your point is...

That's a rhetorical question by the way, the answer is not at all unless you purposely choose to peddle sensational fairy-tails which, interestingly, are rather reminiscent of the weapons of mass destruction, babies removed from incubators and other assorted delusions trumpeted by the usual media whores and propagandised around the net by individuals like yourself.

The problem you and the rest of the puppets pushing a certain agenda have is that the Syrian people say otherwise. They are just a lot more credible than you.
Calm down dear. Are you actually being serious? I thought this was about Syria?
edit on 23-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Its actually spelt c-o-n-d-e-s-c-e-n-d-i-n-g. Who's the fool now?

'Condescendent' is simply the noun. You.

So wait a minute, you accuse me of basically believing the main stream media's reports and you choose to believe a UN report? Contradiction? Additionally it was widely known Assad was gassing his own people.

Nowhere did I state I believed the UN. I said they have no clue, therefore you have even less of a clue. As for 'it was widely known that Assad was gassing his own people' I guess I'll just quote you:

Your proof? Oh yes, that's right, you have none.

Your point is...

Don't be obtuse. My point is that people do not use chemical weapons against themselves and their families, although in your case we might want to make an exception.

I thought this was about Syria?

It is. For the Syrian people. For you I guess it's just a job. Hey, I get it, I really do...everyone gotta feed themselves.

edit on 23-3-2014 by D377MC because: spelling, punctuation

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join