It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrome's anti-ATS bias?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
For those of you familiar with Google Chrome

Whenever i open a new tab it comes up with the google search bar and 6 thumbnail image links of my most visited sites. For some reason despite the fact that ATS is undoubtedly in the top six in page views it is never one of the options. If you hover over each individual image an x pops up in the corner of the image allowing you to remove that page from the choices. I've done this down to point where they where all blank without any ATS page appearing even once.

Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

I use Chrome as well, but the tile appears on start up for me.

The problem I'm having is it takes forever to load, and often I have to stop manually (using the x to the left of the address bar), and in those cases, most of the time then I can't star anyone's posts without a refresh (using the partial circle arrow that replaces the x to the left of the url).

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with super-slow loading on Chrome.
Maybe Chrome isn't the best browser to use?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Chrome and IE both seem slow to me, I almost never have lag issues like what you are describing with Firefox.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I use chrome and it works fine. Open the new tab and ATS is one of the options.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
firefox or opera work just fine google is the enemy

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No problems with Firefox, Palemoon, Waterfox or Opera.
Maybe it's time to reevaluate which browsers are used.

I know some people use more than one browser, as the best experience can vary from site to site, browser to browser.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yep, I just downloaded Opera, and logged in, and it's working fast and fine so far!!

Thanks for the tips all!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just had my ATS thumbnail disappear a couple of days ago without me deleting it. It just showed back up this morning. I've been using Chrome since it came out.

I know google is the enemy but I can't stop using Chrome.

Also, it's not slow loading for me.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Josephus

The problem I'm having is it takes forever to load, and often I have to stop manually (using the x to the left of the address bar), and in those cases, most of the time then I can't star anyone's posts without a refresh (using the partial circle arrow that replaces the x to the left of the url).

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with super-slow loading on Chrome.
Maybe Chrome isn't the best browser to use?

Maybe a good long read here, www.abovetopsecret.com...
will help. A good, important thread that got hi-jacked with silliness, maybe anyone who hasn't read this should have a look, and bear in mind what we now know about google and the rest,.... The Guardian.

edit on 23-3-2014 by smurfy because: Links.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Well, thanks. That's rather disturbing.
I had the black screen of death a few weeks ago, and they said it was a bad partition, a rare but not unheard of problem.
But the slowness or lag still happens.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by smurfy

Well, thanks. That's rather disturbing.
I had the black screen of death a few weeks ago, and they said it was a bad partition, a rare but not unheard of problem.
But the slowness or lag still happens.

why not try a FREE down load and trial of AVG pc tune up for 15 days
another good free pc speed up is Advanced system care it has a turbo setting for speed up of the net

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i use chrome and have no trouble with loading or using ATS. it also shows up as an option in the new tab window.

sometimes, i'll get new link options after clicking new links a couple of times (or even a handful of times) even tho i click on the main option 1000's of times.

top topics

join