It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO says Russia has big force at Ukraine's border, worries over Transdniestria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well, this isn't the tone for a Sunday morning. This is supposed to be handled and done on Bad News Fridays.

"The (Russian) force that is at the Ukrainian border now to the east is very, very sizeable and very, very ready," NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe, U.S. Air Force General Philip Breedlove, told an event held by the German Marshall Fund thinktank.

He said NATO was very concerned about the threat to Transdniestria.
Source

The complication to this wasn't hard to find, as it sits in another recent ATS thread. It seems this area too, may have outright requested it.

Transnistria asks to annex it to Russia

Welcome to a brand new day, ATS!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's exactly why God invented tactical theater Nuclear Devices.

edit on 23-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Russia observes intl accords on troop limits near Ukraine borders – Defense Ministry

Russia is observing all international agreements on troop limits in regions bordering Ukraine, the Russian Deputy Defense Minister said, adding that foreign missions’ inspections can confirm that.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

RT

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
BTW, it's important to note....This isn't about Ukraine. Not this story. It is the next step beyond that which NATO's Supreme Commander is worried about, and I can see why. It would be...awkward..to say the least, as there is no buffer of any sort beyond that. It's right into NATO territory after that point.

This is about Moldova, now.

It'll be interesting to watch.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That would be part of the agreement when Crimea was a part of Ukraine .Politics have changed and are changing fast . Goes to show that if there is a political will to do something it can be done quick .Notice how our politicians are quick to agree with us about change and then drag their promises out into the future until another political stripe is in charge .CHANGE yes we can ....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I heard somewhere the west winning about Ukraine right to the Black Sea so that fits into what might be being planned ...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Let me just say Ukraine has already warned Russia over anymore provocations to invade further in to Ukraine.

Even though Ukraine has a small force is comparison to Russia they are combat ready to take on any foreign intervention.

At least the Mainland is still strong and patriotic and are ready fight further foreign invasion.

If they do Kiev will give orders

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I remember not so many years ago, when the US said a similar thing about Iraq "massing" troops and tanks on the Iraq / Saudi border, as an excuse to attack. Of course, the whole thing was a complete crock, as commercial satellite imagery proved, but the lie was out and things were in motion anyway.

When lies are consistently used to justify conflict, over and over and over again, why would anyone believe a single word from the warmongers? Even the old saying "Pictures or it didn't happen" can't be applied as they have also used, on many occasions, doctored photos or totally misrepresented others.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by deviant300

If they do Kiev will give orders

For them to surrender even more ships, bases etc.

link   

Yup.. I'm sure Ukraine has Russia well contained and boxed up. That would be why NATO is making public statements about being nervous. It's stupid for them to be saying that, out of NATO command levels, in the first place...but it's telling, too.

Unfortunately, the fact they speak the words is as meaningful to those looking to exploit it as those of us wishing our side would stop advertising weakness like it earns them points or something.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Plus one of our members is headed over there and should have things cleared up in a week or so ..just saying :>)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I read this news earlier this morning and when you think how close Russia are to NATO territory it brings this crisis into perspective. One false move from Russia would definitely force NATO to act nod they have been pretty clear with their rhetoric towards Russia. There are various reports and rumours suggesting Russia may invade further into Ukraine in the next few days.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Someday I'll tell you the story about working on graphic plans for portable nuclear weapons while Clinton was in town and the Secret Service were poking around the motel I was in. Oh..the little quirks of fate and things we somehow get through...

That's about as close as I ever want to be to tac-nukes. Just video game versions ...and hey, those were neat, L.O.S., but standing behind a block wall?.....errr...nvm.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Oh yeah I remember that post, I wish him luck....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is a great thread for some background in this region made by Hellmutt all the way back in 2005. Makes for some interesting reading.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

1. Transnistria has been asking for annexation since the 90's.

2. NATO is worried.

3. Transnistria is not worried.

4. Why should we be worried?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Why should we be worried?

Has history become such an abstract concept to folks now that we can't agree with saying armies on the move and massing anywhere in Europe, for any reason, whatsoever, is an exceptionally bad idea?

It could be the Salvation Army looking to annex a good turkey dinner, and I'd say the whole approach was a little aggressive for Europe. Bad things happen there...and they happen for periods measured in generations that just don't have equal elsewhere in the world.

Not that much has changed since 1945. Not that much at all, among the circles of power that call literal family feuds..ahem..world wars.

I'd give anything ...well..almost...to avoid seeing in my lifetime, what I've spent so many hours reading about to learn in history.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
all propaganda.... nato already sended lots of f16 to the Russia borders...now Russia respond they are moaning...
typical looooooooosers talk...

US no fleetbase at chrimeara EU found themself an gigantic moneypit....

how the west has lost :-)
edit on 23-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

youre fully right! :-)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Me think it is about the time for the Russian Federation to consider the “WALL” again. It’s all about the jealous nations in both Western Europe and US for what they’ve done in Olympic in form of security and investments of ($ 51 billions), they smell MONEY to steal from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join