It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

TechniXcality
The akashic records, are just a mystical interpretation of Carl Jungs collective unconcious.

Carl Jung. Ahhhh ... now that's some good reading. Interesting stuff - especially from a psychologist.

Reincarnation Experiment

Pioneer psychologist Carl Jung, near the end of his life, wrote "I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and there encountered questions I was not yet able to answer; that I had been born again because I had not fulfilled the task given to me." He went on to speculate that he might have to be reborn again in order to find the answers still left undiscovered, or someone else would have to assume the task.*[pp. 318-19]

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I love Jung archetype's are real so much of what he said makes sense to me. You know I’ve speculated that every scenario, every type of love, every type of anguish, every type of persona has been experienced already, and as humans that record is kept and drawn from so that at any given moment we can make the best of all possible scenarios given our current context. That nothing is truly original

btw your past life experince made me have to listen to pink floyd mother
editby]edit on 23-3-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

FlyersFan

br0ker
That means that evidence of "past lives" is really just memories from your ancestors.

In my memory, I died as a child of 5 or 6. And my mother at that time blew up as well.
I had no children to pass the DNA down ... to pass the memories down.

I don't think that the DNA Memories thing would work. A lot of people died as children and
the DNA line died out but we still have memories of those past lives.

Anyways .. who knows ... we'll find out when we are dead ...

So based solely on you this should all be thrown in the bin? Nah..... I don`t know you, I don`t know if you`re crazy and I don`t know if you`re just trolling or beeing dishonest.

I`ll stick with science thank you

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

br0ker

FlyersFan

br0ker
That means that evidence of "past lives" is really just memories from your ancestors.

In my memory, I died as a child of 5 or 6. And my mother at that time blew up as well.
I had no children to pass the DNA down ... to pass the memories down.

I don't think that the DNA Memories thing would work. A lot of people died as children and
the DNA line died out but we still have memories of those past lives.

Anyways .. who knows ... we'll find out when we are dead ...

So based solely on you this should all be thrown in the bin? Nah..... I don`t know you, I don`t know if you`re crazy and I don`t know if you`re just trolling or beeing dishonest.

What is this? I think he or she was simply relaying something and adding nicely to this thread, why are you attacking? Dose this experience somehow offend your understanding of reality? If so stop reading retreat don't attack someone without any basis for your conclusions.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

br0ker
So based solely on you this should all be thrown in the bin?

Snotty. I provided information from my own experience and gave my conclusion based on it.
Accept it or not. I don't give a hoot.

I don`t know if you`re just trolling or beeing dishonest.

Hey genius .. its' 'being' ..
And just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are trolling.
Grow up.

1 - Perhaps along with the science, you should take a course in spelling.
2 - Science usually says there is no soul and no afterlife. So your DNA theory is dead ... by science.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hellas

I don't see where you drew the line to reincarnation here

Hebrews 9:27,28
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

^^ I don't see where you drew the line to deny reincarnation here. ^^

John 3:7
‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Seriously?? He's talking about baptism! Don't just copy paste something you apparently have no idea about.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Hes' NOT talking about baptism. That's ridiculous. He's talking about what happens to a soul after death.

I'm not ignorant on these topics and don't "cut and paste". My replies are thought out and represent my very valid beliefs.

Pre-existence of the soul is taught in the bible, Old and New Testaments, and by Jesus. The "cut and paste" that your post provided, a musing by Paul, has no bearing on the reincarnation one way or the other. Paul, in this text, was answering as to why Jesus doesn't have to come back and die again for future generations, in his opinion.

edit on 23-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hellas

Hes' NOT talking about baptism. That's ridiculous. He's talking about what happens to a soul after death.

I'm not ignorant on these topics and don't "cut and paste". My replies are thought out and represent my very valid beliefs.

Pre-existence on the soul is taught in the bible, Old and New Testaments, and by Jesus. The "cut and paste" that your post provided, a musing by Paul, has no bearing on the reincarnation one way or the other. Paul, in this text, was answering as to why Jesus doesn't have to come back and die again for future generations, in his opinion.

John 3:5-8
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

It IS Baptism.

ETA: I didn't mean to offend you before
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by Hellas

Hebrews is just Hebrews. It's human interpretation of Christ's teaching.
The Gospel of John is quoting Christ Himself.
And Christ Himself did say that John the Baptizer was Elijah reincarnated.

Uhm, no He did not.

Matthew 11:11-15

Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence,d and violent people have been raiding it. For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Just the one. Nowhere does Jesus say that anybody is reincarnated.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I think man has applied his own meaning to that statement because he was ignorant about reincarnation. Man had to come up with some meaning for it, so they chose to apply it to baptism, or receiving the Holy Ghost, or whatever.

I think it means EXACTLY what it says... "Ye must be born again of the spirit", means your spirit must be born again. Simple!!

The scripture you posted about "it is appointed once for man to die", means every spirit comes to earth at least once to learn certain lessons before he can continue on in his spiritual journey to the higher realms, and eventually, reach "Heaven".

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doesn't, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

This is, supposedly, Jesus explaining how to enter the kingdom of God. Being "born again does NOT require baptism. Baptism is NOT required to enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus did NOT teach that.

Baptism is a ritual that pre-dates Christianity by 100s, if not 1000s of years, and has pagan origins. John the Baptist promised that "one was coming that will baptize you with fire". The soul is a flame. The soul does not die. A soul that is awake (with God), like the wind, goes where it wills.

Do you think that the saints are sippin on Pina Coladas in heaven while there is so much work to be done on earth, before the "great work" is complete? Or, do you think that they, like Jesus, choose to reincarnate on earth until "It IS finished", and heaven and earth pass away?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
To me, not much difference in a "licensed" hypnotherapist an an unlicensed one..

link   

sled735
reply to post by SaturnFX

Answers to your questions can be found in research on this subject. I had to read many, many books, and watch many documentaries before I was convinced that reincarnation is real, due to my Christian up-bringing (brain-washing).

And before anyone comes on here saying memories are passed down through genes, I will tell you a story of another hypnotist who did a regression on a client. She remembered a past-life as a woman who had no children. Her past life was verified through research of names, places, and events she told of during her session.
The fact she had no children to pass any memory genes down to gives credibility to the fact that reincarnation is real.

that does not prove the memories are not passed genetically. The same or similar memories could have been passed by other family members ( even distant ones).

I used to believe in reincarnation as a teenager, now I do not. It might happen as a very rare exclusion but it is not a rule.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Hellas

11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. 13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. 15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I guess it depends on what the definition of "IS" is.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Have you read any of the Lost Books of the Bible? There are some pretty good books there that didn't make it into the Bible that DO support reincarnation.

Also, the book, Reincarnation, The Missing Link in Christianity, by Elizabeth Clare Prophet, is a great source to show where reincarnation is supported, but hidden in the Hebrew Bible.

edit on 3/23/2014 by sled735 because: Dang typos!!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

This is, supposedly, Jesus explaining how to enter the kingdom of God. Being "born again does NOT require baptism. Baptism is NOT required to enter the knigdom of heaven. Jesus did NOT teach that.

Yes he does. You just posted it yourself

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That means being born again!
He was even baptist himself.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

I used to believe in reincarnation as a teenager, now I do not. It might happen as an very rare exclusion but it is not a rule.

Can you explain how the rare exclusion happens?
And if you think that it's possible as a rare exclusion, how can you say that now you don't believe in it?

I think it makes very good sense/logic.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I guess it depends on what the definition of "IS" is.

Oh well, I guess you're right one that one, lol!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Nope. Baptism and being "Born Again" are two different things. Anyone can be baptized, and baptism is NOT required in order to enter the knigdom of God. Only you know if you're born again.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hellas

Nope. Baptism and being "Born Again" are two different things. Anyone can be baptized, and baptism is NOT required in order to enter the knigdom of GOd. Only you[/] know if you're born again.

Well, let's agree that we have different opinions on what it actually means.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join