It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'd love to watch that program, but unfortunately it's not available anymore.

I am an Agnostic hence I am open to all sorts of ideas and reincarnation is one of them. I do believe in reincarnation, cause I believe we have a soul or spirit which is made of energy, and energy doesn't die, it just moves and it transforms.
I also had a couple of dreams in childhood and adolescence of places I never heard of before my dreams, places I am drawn to and that I will have to visit before I die.

How do you explain meeting somebody and instantly loving or disliking them? Or that feeling of deja vu we get sometimes?

I know science believes there's nothing else after our biological end, but Quantum physics indicate the opposite:
"Quantum physics indicates that our physical world may grow out of our consciousness," Tucker says. "That's a view held not just by me, but by a number of physicists as well."
^^^ This is from a very interesting article on reincarnation by a scientist (University of Virginia), please read:
uvamagazine.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sorry to burst you`re bubble. But they have recently proven that DNA stores memories. That means that evidence of "past lives" is really just memories from your ancestors. This might also be why you can "remember" past lives under hypnosis, since that is you`re subconsious that`s being communicated with. Your subconsious mind controls just about every bodily function that you do not, so it really isn`t that far fetched. Actually a lot less far fetched than you`re unproven soul being reincarnated.
And the theory of evolution and the general existence of instincts in animals from birth backs this theory up.

edit on 23-3-2014 by br0ker because: preposition

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

br0ker
That means that evidence of "past lives" is really just memories from your ancestors.

In my memory, I died as a child of 5 or 6. And my mother at that time blew up as well.
I had no children to pass the DNA down ... to pass the memories down.

I don't think that the DNA Memories thing would work. A lot of people died as children and
the DNA line died out but we still have memories of those past lives.

Anyways .. who knows ... we'll find out when we are dead ...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly, that blows the hole in that argument. You have past memories of when you were five or six, memories which could not have been "passed down" through the DNA because that DNA line stopped right there, kabloom ("Don't play in the street, dear, play over there near the bomb craters"). You have a very good story and interesting memories. That would be quite a traumatic experience to have memories of, have you worked out the decisions from the trauma? Stupid and murderous bombing runs in that war, on all sides. I wonder why most leaders in war situations aren't locked up as war criminals, and not only the "losers" (as if everybody doesn't lose!).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I don't see where you drew the line to reincarnation here

Hebrews 9:27,28
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

^^ I don't see where you drew the line to deny reincarnation here. ^^

John 3:7
‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Aleister
have you worked out the decisions from the trauma?

Well ... . I went into super-protection mode this time. I joined the military. I incarnated into the strongest country on the planet (at that time). I stocked up on supplies (semi-prepper). Its not exactly what you see in every day-to-day activities in the USA. I'm sure it's a carryover from having my (stupid) mother in that past life be so carefree about foreigners attacking and killing. I can recognize where it comes from.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It is not possible to pass down your memories with DNA to your children. Because memories have nothing to do with our genetics and it's said that all of our memories are attached to neurons. Every persons memories are unique and two persons cannot share the same memories. So forget about that theory that a person can share a memories of their ancestors life's.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

"proof" ???

NONSENSE!

At most . . . the only "proof" that exists is that

an external

--agent
--entity
--force
--knowledge stream

offers up knowledge evidently, purportedly

inaccessible to the mortal individual currently involved.

THAT'S IT.

The agent, entity, force, etc.

COULD EASILY, MOST PROBABLY BE

--demonic
--satanic
--metaphysical
--deceptive
--other dimensional

etc. for whatever list of less than positive purposes.

The WISHFUL THINKING RELIGIOUS DOGMA of a particular bent defines it as a "past life."

BTW, how is it that so many hundreds of women's past life was as Cleopatra? How many Cleopatra's were there?

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Nonsense!

There is no proof of an external
--agent
--entity
--force
--knowledge stream offering up knowledge. There is no proof of angels, demons or devils.

A child prodigy may be evidence of "previous knowledge", but it isn't evidence of a demon playing a piano concerto through a child.

Pre-existence is addressed in the Bible in many, many places. Even the Catholic Church had no problem with reincarnation until the mid 1500's, when it's belief was banned as heresy by an emperor, while the Pope remained silent on the subject.

Pre-existence, Reincarnation & Christianity

edit on 23-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

My mother went through hypnotherapy long ago for the purpose of learning about past life experience. She didn't talk much about it afterwards so I'm thinking it wasn't particularly pleasant.

As far as demons or spirits, frankly I'd prefer that over the thoughts that we are to be reborn here again and again like some bad remake of the Castle Wolfenstien video game. My god that would be like giving people the pain and suffering for a millennium and the hope if they're good they may finally get to advance to hell to get out of here.

I'm not religious but I'll be praying reincarnation isn't true because that's seems the ultimate version of hell to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just watched the vid from the OP, and it was very interesting.
Bill, from Boston, remembered being a bootlegger in Chicago in the early 20th century;
and also a scholar named Kevin in Dublin, who killed himself.

The producer went to Chicago and to Dublin, and asked Bill to meet her there - and took him to the most likely place that he studied, and where he was buried as a pauper.

Bill was a skeptic, and tried hard to remain that way, but when he visited the school house in Dublin, and the falling down stone cottage, he felt emotional/anxious.

When I was in my 30s, and first on the internet, I was part of a bbs about horses, and another there for new users. This was in the days of dial-up, and ICQ....

I made some acquaintances in Norway via those bulletin boards. Three having to do with horses, and one having to do with new users. All in Norway.

My dad's family (paternal side) was from Finland...

I went to Norway, by myself, to visit these people, who didn't know each other except via the internet. One of the horse people was my second stop (the first two friends had been in Oslo, and we camped on a Viking Burial ground late, didn't see the mounds until the morning; we were at the seashore!!

I felt so happy, so fulfilled and awestruck....
then I took the train (beautiful train ride!) to Bergen, and met the third person. His family had an old sheep farm high above the city. We went there for a picnic, and strolled the grounds...there was a hazel grove along a springbed...

We walked into this grove, and my skin went cold and I got goosebumps. An overwhelming feeling I'd been there before.

I remember as a kid my favorite book was Lorna Doone...stories from the moors and hills always resonated with me.

Who knows; I could also relate recurring 'imminent death' dreams of drowning, plunging in a vehicle, and being killed by a large predator (bear or wolf?)....

Since I accepted that these must be past-life memories (never having been afraid of the water, nor of large animals), those dreams have stopped.

Anyway, not that anyone cares, but Aleister's story made me think of it (also Bill in the video). Such a strange sensation.
Also - I've met people and known instantly that I knew them; recognized them.

Fascinating.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I tried a past life regression hypnosis vid on youtube last night but I just feel asleep for a bit and had no dreams

However Ive had very vivid visions in dreams which seem to come from nowhere

One time I was a young boy in a hot land, maybe native america, I had a very real and sad feeling because a falcon had come and snatched away my baby brother and my mother was distraught. Even thinking about it now could move me to tears, its a real memory but not of this life.

Then another time I vividly woke up in a room which I knew to be Victorian London there was a grandfather clock at the end of the bed and beside me was my wife. Again the emotion of love and happiness was very real.

These experiences seem entirely unrelated to my current life. I keep having visions like this Im not sure what Im meant to do with it all. Its like knowing that the spirit lives on makes me wonder what the purpose of this life is.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Buddhists call it Samsara

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thank you for all the responses, and links. I'll be delving into those a.s.a.p.

I would like to add a bit about what reincarnation is about...

Each lifetime is a learning experience here. Earth is the planet to learn emotions, pain, struggles, and how to control those emotions, deal with the pain, and get through the struggles.
The ultimate goal is to learn how to love, to conquer fears, hate, and anything negative. Until we reach our goal, we keep coming back. The goal we strive for is NOT having to come back here.

Sometimes we may choose to go to a different planet that offers different kinds of learning experiences in-between living on earth.
We need to strive to evolve in each lifetime to a higher spiritual realm. Once we reach that realm, we don't have to keep coming back to earth. We proceed to other higher places/dimensions to continue our learning until we, eventually, hold enough wisdom and love to rejoin with our creator; our Source of All... God.

So, for you who are depressed at the thought of coming back to earth over and over, just know that earth and our hellish lives here (for some) is not a never-ending process, unless we choose to ignore our lessons and raise our consciousness to feel love, and succeed in our lessons.

We judge ourselves during our life review after death, and how well we succeeded in reaching our goals in each lifetime. There will be other "higher-ups" present at that time also to help in the process. Our spirit guide will be present to help and support us during this judgement.

This is why "not even the angels in heaven" know when "judgement day" will be; death is a different time for all of us... "and then the judgement".

So, keep these things in mind, and strive to do your best in this lifetime. Help others, avoid negative people and thoughts, and strive to be the best you can be in all things you do. Then maybe you can graduate from this "hellish" planet.

ETA: Some souls/spirits choose to come back here after "graduation" to aid in helping others.
They can be master teachers, or just a friend that you meet at the right time to help you get through a hard situation.
They can be a baby that makes you feel love that you never knew you had inside you.
They can be a leader, doctor, nurse, or any person that aids in helping others.

It's our choice. It's called freewill.

For those who struggle with the Christian views concerning reincarnation, I'll say that I had the same struggles accepting it.
I spent many years going back and forth in my beliefs. For me, reincarnation made the most sense of any concept I had come across in studying the different religions/beliefs.
I wanted to believe, but I was AFRAID to go against the Christian teaching regarding it.

One day I was reading a book when, BOOM! It was like I got banged in the head with so much over-whelming evidence that reincarnation is real, I couldn't possibly ignore it! What a relief... to finally have the proof (for me) that allowed me to let go of all the swaying back and forth in what I believed.

From a Christian standpoint, I think it may help others to consider that once a person "gets saved", and lives the life that Jesus taught us to live, you won't have to come back here, unless you choose to.
If you were truly "saved", you should be living a life of helping others, feeling love, forgiving, healing, etc., all the things Jesus told us to do, because YOU WANT TO, not because you are being told "you should". You have learned LOVE.

Being "saved" is kind of like a "short cut" to reaching the higher dimensions our spirit strives for.
For others, they will still get there, eventually, but their journey may take a little longer.
In the end, we will all reunite with God, the Source of All that is.

edit on 3/23/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I actually believe in reincarnation. There's another thread running concurrently here where I explain my take on it. So what I say below is not negative on reincarnation, but on the acceptance of evidence for it.

Taking dreams as evidence, for example, is pretty shaky proof. And, of course, it's PERSONAL proof and can't be extrapolated anywhere else. I remember reading the account of a woman who was sure she had a lifetime as a cat. This was based on a dream she had had where at first she didn't realize she was a cat. She just remembered her haughty attitude and the fact that she was in some sort of exalted place in Court where people bowed to the "King" and treated her with extreme deference. Suddenly, she realized she was actually a cat in an Egyptian Court where cats were venerated. her conclusion was that she had had a life as a cat.

Well? Is that enough "evidence" to prove you had a life as a cat? What if, just for the sake of argument, she had actually made contact with an ancient cat, seen life from the cat's point of view, and that this experience was "real"? Does that mean she had a life as a cat? Of course not. And there's the very real possibility that what she had was, you know, a vivid dream. So not to discount this sort of experience entirely, but by itself it doesn't prove much, really.

I'll give another example here. My sister-in-law is very frightened of swords. She really can't go near them and entering one of those British castles where the swords are displayed in a massive circle on the wall is just beyond her. She also has a birthmark on her back that could be construed as a "wound," though she has never had an accident or anything that would have caused it. It has been there from birth. Her conclusion? "I had a life where I was killed with a sword."

Hmmm. Well, maybe. It's what I would call a "soft proof"--not much there, really. If it accounts for "personal proof," Okay, but that's about as far as you can take it. What I would really like to see is proof that takes it beyond the personal level, i.e.: proofs that involve more than one person and cannot be explained personally, but include elements that could not be known by given participants. Along those lines I highly recommend a series of books by Chris Carter that deal with psychic phenomenon, near death experiences, and the afterlife, including reincarnation. These are excellent "summary" books that go over the literature this far and provide a framework for the idea as a whole. The one that pertains here is:

Science and the Afterlife Experience; evidence for the immortality of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hmmm. Well, maybe. It's what I would call a "soft proof"--not much there, really. If it accounts for "personal proof," Okay, but that's about as far as you can take it. What I would really like to see is proof that takes it beyond the personal level, i.e.: proofs that involve more than one person and cannot be explained personally, but include elements that could not be known by given participants. Along those lines I highly recommend a series of books by Chris Carter that deal with psychic phenomenon, near death experiences, and the afterlife, including reincarnation. These are excellent "summary" books that go over the literature this far and provide a framework for the idea as a whole. The one that pertains here is:

I've read Chris Carter's books. All 3.

I also have read many books regarding Ian Stevenson's work, as well as others - and plenty of books and docus about it.

Have you seen the one about the Scottish kid who insisted he was from Barra?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If you cannot get this link to work: www.mylifetime.com...

then click on the link in my OP, click on "watch online", then on that page choose the show on the bottom left entitled, Shelise and Julian. Click on "watch now" in that square.
It may take it a minute to load, but the full show will come up for your viewing pleasure with a little patience.

edit on 3/23/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by schuyler

I also have read many books regarding Ian Stevenson's work, as well as others - and plenty of books and docus about it.

Have you seen the one about the Scottish kid who insisted he was from Barra?

Yes, that's a good one that goes beyond the soft proof stage into something that can be corroborated. Cameron McCauley was investigated by Jim Ticker, who is kind of the western equivalent of Ian Stevenson. There's another one in a similar vein about a kid who thinks he was a WW II fighter pilot and was shot down by the Japanese. The book is Souls survivor the reincarnation of a WW II fighter pilot.

Here's a vid:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The akashic records, are just a mystical interpretation of Carl Jungs collective unconcious. Serendipity, meaning in chance are all very real. Just as real as apathy. I could say a lot on this and i don't know why, but i remember a dream perhaps; but it occured when i was really young.It may be a memory, regardless i was standing with a none discriptive entity starring at the world making a choice to come back. It was as if i needed to prove something or learn something but i had the choice. I also was shown everything that would happen to me but i knew i was going to forget it all if i choose to experince it anyway. so i guess it's obviouse which choice i made lol

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is another good video that was posted in a different thread I have up about reincarnation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join