Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBunny
I'd sure love to learn about my past life, but from what I read about learning your past lives is that it's dangerous. Bad emotions and other things you can accidentally bring in this life. I think we forget our past life so we can sort of start over again without the horrifying or bad stuff of the past.

I understand what you're saying in this post, and your next one. I think where remembering our past lives can help is when we have some phobia that can't be explained, like a fear of flying, yet you have never flown in this life to have such fear. Or fear of bridges, or caves, water, or any number of things that you don't understand.

I've read case studies where people experienced severe pain, but the doctors couldn't find any explanation for it. Once they did a past life regression, they discovered they had some kind of physical trauma to that area of their body in a past life; they had carried that pain over into this life. Once they realized it didn't belong in this life, they let it go. Presto... no more pain.

Same thing could apply to many areas in our current life.
I do think the mind will protect us from remembering certain traumatic events, if we can't handle it.
I also think that some people do remember things they need to remember so they can deal with it in this life... Like the kids that remember dying a really horrible death, (like the one that remembered being in the twin towers when it was hit by the plane). They had nightmares because they carried that memory over into this life.
When people realize this happened in a past life, it seems to help them release the pain and memories, and the nightmares stop.

Each case is unique.

I never liked my mother when I was growing up. I didn't understand why until I was in my early forties. That's when I was told during a regression that my mother used to be a lady in waiting many, many years ago... I was her slave girl.

She was mean to me in that lifetime.
I carried those memories over into this life with her, and it kept me from loving her as a mother should be loved.
Once I understood where these feelings were coming from, I also understood that we came back as mother and daughter to heal the bad feelings from that life time.
I started seeing things from a different perspective, and I learned to love my mother for who she is now.

Karma balanced.

I could talk all day about reincarnation, but I need to get to bed. Hope this has helped you realize how remembering can help.

edit on 8/26/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

I also agree with what you said, Kodasaufa. A lot of the people shown on this show learn during regression why they repeatedly make bad decisions, but don't understand why they do it. As in, putting yourself last, or never having a lasting relationship in love, never being able to be successful in a career, etc.

Remembering why we sabotage our current lives can break the cycle, and help us to "get it right" this time around.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
For my own personal peace-of-mind, I hope and pray that thousands of reincarnations as a human (or better) is real. The thought of alternatives like, tending sheep, singing songs with other deceased relatives, burning in a lake of fire, or doing ANY one thing for all eternity is not appealing at all!

Since the Earth's population has grown continually for eons, isn't it likely that new souls are still being created from scratch, or being incarnated on Earth after finishing a life on another planet somewhere in this vast universe? One day when the Earth comes to an end, we'll all start to be seeded into some other world's human ecosystem. I get excited just thinking about the future journeys! I wish there was a way to know for sure that this was the reality we can all look forward to.
-cwm

I think new souls are still being created, but a lot of the people here now are souls that have karma to balance, but they put it off to the last minute to come back and do it. They have chosen to go to different planets to learn different types of lessons before returning to earth.
Also, there are other types of life out there that want to experience the emotions/feelings that earth offers.
I think I read that it is a required lesson before they can advance. Most beings "out there" don't have emotions until they learn them here. They are coming now too because they know that earth is in her last days.

I'm happy to have my time here finished. I think this is the last time I'll have to come back. I've definitely paid some dues this time around! If I do have come back again, I'm choosing a much easier life next time. I couldn't go through another one like this one back to back. LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeForm911
a reply to: sled735

Here is a full documentary on a boy who believes had a past life. Seems somewhat convincing
ndeaccounts.com...

Thank you for the link, and welcome to ATS.

I'll read that when I have more time. Right now the bed is calling my name.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree with you sled. I have no doubt that my 'semi-prepping' has to do with me having died in my past life as a child of a Nazi air raid in London. I think the prepping (food, water, survival goods) has to do with that. I can still remember the death and have remembered it since I was a child. That easily could explain some of my actions in this life .... like while I was growing up in Connecticut not too far from NYC and wanting to move away from it because we were too close to the city and it was dangerous because of war that could happen ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've had a habit of doing that too. I always tell myself it's because I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I can feel it has deeper roots than that.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I will always laugh when people assume that the afterlife is something as easy to understand as 1+1=2. Really we are not only talking of another world with its own laws and alien conceptions, we are talking about what happens when a multidimensional body leaves its dead physical shell. It aint something simple, at all. Reincarnation is probable but its not garanteed. As below so above*. There is the "survival" factor to take into consideration. Yes even after death. Its like in the real world in this regard: you cant adapt? You die. You are too weak? You die. You take a bad decision in a life and death situation? you die. Many assume so much about the other worlds, truth is they dont have a clue they just adopt the theory they like the most, because it is easier

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

Karma balanced.

From what I understand and is a general consensus from channelers and past life regressionists is that we often come from pools of energy from the universe(s). And that the people that are close to us or have a profound impact on our life's good or bad, we have often shared relationships with in past lifetimes. So are we on the giving end or receiving end of a karmic balance being played out over lifetimes.

We can close or release these relationships and the detrimental spiritual affect they have upon us. Basically you have to regress back to the lifetimes or lifetime it started. There are techniques that help one let go of the bond and it's ever going back and fourth transpiring. Some relationships are a hindrance and not always a lesson for our overall totality.

There are parasites on every dimension and plane.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

No kidding!?!
I can vouch for that!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker
Sorry to burst you`re bubble. But they have recently proven that DNA stores memories. That means that evidence of "past lives" is really just memories from your ancestors. This might also be why you can "remember" past lives under hypnosis, since that is you`re subconsious that`s being communicated with. Your subconsious mind controls just about every bodily function that you do not, so it really isn`t that far fetched. Actually a lot less far fetched than you`re unproven soul being reincarnated.

I'm still undecided as to whether I believe in reincarnation or not, but that still doesn't answer some things. Like for example, how a white person could remember having a past life as a Native in pre-contact America, or a past life in China. Those people aren't his/her genetic ancestors, so where would those 'genetic memories' be coming from?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

As I've posted here, and in other threads many times, the memories ARE ours.

This was proven when Dr. Brian Weiss was doing a past-life regression on a client. She remembered a life as a woman long ago with no children. So, if there's no children to pass the DNA/genes to, how could she remember this?

The places and names she remembered were verified during research of her memories.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join