It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by 3rdState

I posted this previously. Guess you missed it. It is just one example out of many that could be given as a reason why we don't remember our past life.

Actually, this is a similar account that was told to a friend of mine when they had a regression done.

If we remembered certain past lives, it would interfere with our progress in this lifetime.

Let's say there was two people that caused harm (emotionally/physically) to each other in a past life. So, these two people come back as mother and daughter in their current life to learn forgiveness and how to love each other, thereby releasing the negative karma they had in the past life.
If these people remembered hating each other in a past life, and what that person inflicted upon them then, it would make things a lot tougher to get past in this life.

I didn't miss it Sled, its only that I have a different view on the Whys, I do not believe a being whose past memories are forfeit or blocked evolves better than anyone who has full access to his own memories at his own will, if you can't remember what you were or have been through you are more susceptible to the deception/manipulation of the system, it's more likely you will repeat the same mistake again and again

I think it is easier to realize that "money" can be used to enslave people on the physical level; but what if, or is it entirely possible, that "karma" too, can be used to enslave people as they pass to a higher place above this one??

Money and karma have some common traits, both can generate "debt", especially if somebody deliberately induce that idea, now what does that imply ...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Did anyone watch tonight's episode of Reincarnated: Past Lives?

Thoughts?

It isn't up on the website (from the OP) yet, but it should be soon, in case you missed it.
The video takes a minute to load, so just be patient... it will appear.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I wondered when the next episode would air. I don't keep up with tv shows very well, but I really enjoyed the first episode! I had problems with the video on their site, but found it on amazon prime commercial free.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Niecedenise

Yes, it comes on every Saturday night on LMN, at 10 p.m. eastern daylight savings time in the U.S.

Thanks for the info on other places to watch it.

edit on 3/30/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2014 by suzych because: wrong place, not below post I was responding to.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2014 by suzych because: post shows up in the wrong place, so doesn't make sense. How do I get a post responding to an older message appear below that message instead of up front among the most recent posts?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm very impressed by the show's apparently unapologetic acceptance of the evidence that people have past lives not only led in other countries or on other continents, but also as different genders (a man today may have been a woman in past lives more often than his present day wife has), classes, nationalities, religions, etc. Just logically speaking, why would we keep coming back just to do the same things over and over in the same settings? IMO, one of the major lessons of existing as spirit-beings embodied in flesh is that time on the physical plane moves in just one direction (at least as it's perceptible to us when we are *on* the physical plane), from past to present to future, it is literally impossible to have a "do-over" of any specific experience in a later life because surrounding conditions will *always* be different in the details. We have to pursue our lessons where we can find them and (probably) can only understand what those lessons teach when we're between physical lives and can "see" the larger picture of our deeds in the world and how they have affected us and those around us. Some lifetimes will necessarily be similar to others -- a fisherman fishes, and will *probably* die by drowning and/or lose friends and relatives to the sea, for instance -- but changes in circumstances keep even these cycles of similar experience interesting. Were you a fisherman who had to seek out new fishing grounds because conditions in the sea changed? Were you a fisherman captured by pirates and sold as a slave in North Africa? Are you a fisherman in Maine now, who has seen lobster go from a worthless "trash fish" to an expensive delicacy, as stocks of higher grade fish declined? Endless combinations, questions, answers.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2014 by suzych because: wrong place, not below post I was responding to.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2014 by suzych because: I haven't figured out how to attach a reply so that it shows up below the post I'm responding to, so all my "replies" end up in a clump as "latest", which makes me look like a tiresome idiot.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Here's a thought on why we don't remember our past lives *usually*; well, some thoughts about the practicalities.

First, maybe we *do* remember our past lives, in detail, but only *between* the end of one life and the beginning of another, when we can see the all actions (and the full spread of their consequences) of the life just concluded in the perspective of all our previous lives and lessons that came before. I think most of the lessons a lifetime has to teach only become clear to us when that life is over.

Second, suppose we do sometimes choose lifetimes in which we will remember parts of our past lives, because we have lived enough lives to not get scared or made crazy by such intrusions from the past, and in fact we're ready to learn how to use these "flashbacks" to enrich and help fine-tune our current life.

Third, if you are born the daughter of an imam in Afghanistan and as a child you prattle about having been a fighter pilot in WWII. What will be your future? Your primary job as a newborn and very young child is to learn (and survive) the local conditions and beliefs you've stepped into, so you can live to get on with whatever tasks you're attempting to accomplish as an imam's daughter from/in Afghanistan (which might just be about surviving or accepting such a life). Suppose the whole process of acculturation is a basic part of the job, and teaches its own vital lessons? What if you're born into a fundamentalist family of *any* religion and you talk about experiences you couldn't possibly know anything about -- unless you're possessed by a DEMON? Even now, in many parts of the world, that stuff can get you killed quite early, usually after a good deal of horrible treatment first. Life is tough enough.

Fourth, If I'm trying to steer my car out of a bad skid on a mountain road and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by a memory of being crushed by an overturned ox-cart on the Russian-Polish border in 1326, what's likely to happen to me right now? Most of us need our whole attention and then some to cope with a modern life. People who get caught up in spontaneous past life memories have a tendency to end up on medication, here in the West, to help get rid of the "hallucinations".

Fifth, suppose each of us runs up a sequence of maybe 100 + lifetimes before we're ready to get out of here? Is the human mind, as its presently known, capable of holding *all* of the details of sixty lifetimes without going *really* crazy? Sheesh, I still can't remember where I put my keys tonight!

Just some thoughts.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Reincarnation, past lives, near-death experiences, and psychic phenomena seem to require a "consciousness." But apparently one that is separate from the one we know well, which ceases to function when the brain dies. Four new research discoveries point to this. First, an advanced consciousness separate from the immature fetal brain exists in the womb, an awareness for example of any consideration of abortion. Second, healthy family members have participated in a loved one's dying and perceived his or her "spirit" separating from the body and passing into a non-physical realm. Third, "near-death" survivors actually died and their experience may be what each of us will experience at mortal death. Fourth, a consciousness, psyche, mind, or soul seems to survive even final physical death. Consider therefore that the soul has been theorized since Plato, but not even experiential evidence was available until now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
suzych

Here's a thought on why we don't remember our past lives *usually*; well, some thoughts about the practicalities.

First, maybe we *do* remember our past lives, in detail, but only *between* the end of one life and the beginning of another, when we can see the all actions (and the full spread of their consequences) of the life just concluded in the perspective of all our previous lives and lessons that came before. I think most of the lessons a lifetime has to teach only become clear to us when that life is over.

Yes, I've read that book by Michael Newton, Life between Lives . It is a great book on this subject.

Second, suppose we do sometimes choose lifetimes in which we will remember parts of our past lives, because we have lived enough lives to not get scared or made crazy by such intrusions from the past, and in fact we're ready to learn how to use these "flashbacks" to enrich and help fine-tune our current life.

I think we remember parts of our past lives at times. We have memories, return when they need to, or dreams, to help us realize the lesson we are here to learn.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WFPIndy

WELCOME to ATS, and thank you for posting in my thread.

I'm out of time to respond to your post, but I appreciate your interest.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

A new season has begun. I'm so excited! This is the first show for the season.

Can't find a You Tube video, so you'll have to watch it from the LMN site. Scroll down and click on the "watch now" pic:
www.mylifetime.com...

edit on 8/22/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'd sure love to learn about my past life, but from what I read about learning your past lives is that it's dangerous. Bad emotions and other things you can accidentally bring in this life. I think we forget our past life so we can sort of start over again without the horrifying or bad stuff of the past.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBunnyPerhaps,

But I have read about and met so many individuals that were into past lives and much more and the basic theme that rings about all of them is learning. If we don't teach new generations about history of the past, it may be doomed to repeat itself. So we may be making the same mistakes over and over on a perpetual merry go round with out ever progressing and advancing our souls.

I understand what you are saying about learning upon ones past death or mistakes. Yet I would have to ask, would it be scarier knowing? Or not knowing? Would you like to drive blind or with sight and vision.?

They call them life lessons for a reason, so you don't repeat them in the next one.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Would you be able to accept knowing that some guy you know in this life raped you or brutally tortured you in your past life?
It wont be easy to get over it and it's most likely not going to be easy to get over it in this life.
And you will most likely be living in fear everytime you see that person
And it can make you worse of a person than you were in this or your past life

I understand what you're saying and you are right but not everyone is ready to handle what happened to them in the past. It can ruin this life now. Pretty much it depends on what happened in the past and if you are strong enough to move on from what happened.
edit on 25-8-2014 by MoonBunny because: Needed to add more info

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For my own personal peace-of-mind, I hope and pray that thousands of reincarnations as a human (or better) is real. The thought of alternatives like, tending sheep, singing songs with other deceased relatives, burning in a lake of fire, or doing ANY one thing for all eternity is not appealing at all!

Since the Earth's population has grown continually for eons, isn't it likely that new souls are still being created from scratch, or being incarnated on Earth after finishing a life on another planet somewhere in this vast universe? One day when the Earth comes to an end, we'll all start to be seeded into some other world's human ecosystem. I get excited just thinking about the future journeys! I wish there was a way to know for sure that this was the reality we can all look forward to.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Here is a full documentary on a boy who believes had a past life. Seems somewhat convincing
ndeaccounts.com...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join