It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I said I never read it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Please answer the question.

Did he or did he not go to an aviation museum in which they had a Corsair with a drop tank before he started having these dreams?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

edit on 3/26/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: nevermind.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by schuyler

Please answer the question.

Did he or did he not go to an aviation museum in which they had a Corsair with a drop tank before he started having these dreams?

I don't know if he did, or not, and I don't have time to look right now (getting ready for work), but if he did, then that could be explained as being the 'trigger' that allowed his past memories to surface.
Sometimes we don't recall things until we see something that reminds us, especially if it was a traumatic experience.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I don't know if he did, or not, and I don't have time to look right now (getting ready for work), but if he did, then that could be explained as being the 'trigger' that allowed his past memories to surface.

Sometimes we don't recall things until we see something that reminds us, especially if it was a traumatic experience.

...or the entire story is a fabrication, the product of a child's imagination, led by people who would like none other than to push their views on others.

Sometimes we make things up to push a certain ideology, especially if there is no other evidence to support it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Sometimes we make things up to push a certain ideology, especially if there is no other evidence to support it.

Or sometimes we read some books that do provide scientific evidence to support that certain ideology!

Just sometimes, though.
Depends on how you want to approach it.
edit on 3/26/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Now I think you are just trolling. Time to bring out the big guns... sorry, but I must!!

Has anyone else watched the t.v. video yet? Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm trying to watch it. The link doesn't work for me.

And I don't get that network with my cable subscription, apparently!

I can hit the thumbnail and it says 'now playing', but nothing shows up ?????

OKAY GOT IT!
You have to click on Watch Online to get the show.

I'm watching now.....

I've been to Penrith!
How very cool. I'm impressed.
Talk to you all later.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Now I think you are just trolling. Time to bring out the big guns... sorry, but I must!!

Why? Because I disagree with you?

How original.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

But you haven't looked at the evidence?

How can you disagree, then?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If there was "proof" then it would be real. There is no proof.

Words like "Proof" and "Fact" get thrown around a lot in conversations regarding the paranormal. I know WHY people are tempted to use words like "Proof UFO's are REAL", "NDE's are FACT" "Reincarnation EXISTS", but that never has a real impact on the evidence. Being sure that a particular phenomenon is real because of an experience or a feeling is totally normal.

But describing something as "Proof" or "Fact" doesn't make it so.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Leonidas because: , because of the wonderful things he does....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

daskakik

Aphorism
Actually, they do apply.

Actually they don't because a 2 year old couldn't be remembering forgotten or distorted memories of something that he could not have experienced.

Oh yes, two-year-olds (perhaps not EVERY two-year-old, but some, perhaps even many) most certainly CAN and do remember "memories" of what was a scene from a TV-show, a story they heard, and so on. In fact, I am intimately familiar with just such a story. And I am sure most people interested in the subject of reincarnation are familiar with the Bridey Murphy story.
If they aren't, they should be.

Conflation and confabulation absolutely should be considered first when dealing with apparent "past lives" memories.

What people seem to forget - some perhaps don't even know it - is that people don't remember so much actual events but mostly their own reactions to events (be it lived directly or heard about).

As for questions, direct or implied, questioning why do people who are skeptics about reincarnation visit this thread.... I don't understand such questions.
Because it is a worthwhile thread and an interesting subject?
And because one would assume that preaching to the choir is - intellectually speaking - a waste of time?
And lastly.... why NOT?

edit on 27-3-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by sled735

...or the entire story is a fabrication, the product of a child's imagination, led by people who would like none other than to push their views on others.

Would you believe a psychotherapist who was a skeptic until one of his patients surprised him while under hypnosis? He wasn't even trying to have her recall a past life, she did it on her own.

This book, Many Lives, Many Masters , by Brian Weiss, was mentioned by a member earlier in the thread, and I have to give it a big thumbs up too.

I read this book about five years ago. It is awesome! Just awesome!
The evidence he discovers is overwhelming to support reincarnation.
It changed this skeptical psychotherapist's view, and I believe it would change a few more skeptics view, if people would read it.

Well, for some reason, I can't get the source to post here.
It is on Amazon. If you type in the title there, you can read through some of the pages.

As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from the “space between lives,” which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss’ family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career.

If you are researching reincarnation, and you haven't read this book, go buy it now.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

AdAstra
Oh yes, two-year-olds (perhaps not EVERY two-year-old, but some, perhaps even many) most certainly CAN and do remember "memories" of what was a scene from a TV-show, a story they heard, and so on. In fact, I am intimately familiar with just such a story. And I am sure most people interested in the subject of reincarnation are familiar with the Bridey Murphy story.
If they aren't, they should be.

Yeah but that wasn't a 2 year old.

Conflation and confabulation absolutely should be considered first when dealing with apparent "past lives" memories.

Sure, but the post I was replying to said that they applied to the case of this 2 year old when they couldn't.

As for questions, direct or implied, questioning why do people who are skeptics about reincarnation visit this thread.... I don't understand such questions.
Because it is a worthwhile thread and an interesting subject?
And because one would assume that preaching to the choir is - intellectually speaking - a waste of time?
And lastly.... why NOT?

I never commented on that.
edit on 27-3-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I know there's no Hell, but there are two possibilities that I fear about death. Complete cessation of existence (which seems most likely) or reincarnation.

Reincarnation, especially in our situation where you don't even have conscious memory of any past lives, sounds like never-ending repetitive torture. It would be the closest thing to Hell that could exist if it did.

I won't say too much more other than living on this planet once is hard enough. Many people behave savagely including the planet itself. There is hate and violence and greed everywhere. You can freeze to death if you don't pay a bill on time. Plus nature is out to get you and is guaranteed to end your existence at some point if your fellow man doesn't do you in first. Its sheer madness.

If there is an afterlife (which I currently doubt exists) and I'm not some cog in a machine, I would never voluntarily come back here. If I've done it before I can only conclude I must be a sadomasochist. As would be anybody else who would bother with this planet.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Frith

I know there's no Hell, but there are two possibilities that I fear about death. Complete cessation of existence (which seems most likely) or reincarnation.

You will always exist because "YOU" (your consciousness) are made of energy. You will never cease to be. You may change forms, but you will always be you.

Reincarnation, especially in our situation where you don't even have conscious memory of any past lives, sounds like never-ending repetitive torture. It would be the closest thing to Hell that could exist if it did.

The thing you have to remember about reincarnation is that we choose the life we need to live before each lifetime. You chose the hardships you have encountered in your life to help you learn a certain lesson, be it perseverance, conquering pain, winning the struggle to reach a goal, or whatever.
As I said in a previous post, when we choose a very difficult life, we can choose an easier one the next time around to give ourselves a break. Come back as whoever you choose, with a smoother, easier coarse to follow.

I won't say too much more other than living on this planet once is hard enough. Many people behave savagely including the planet itself. There is hate and violence and greed everywhere. You can freeze to death if you don't pay a bill on time. Plus nature is out to get you and is guaranteed to end your existence at some point if your fellow man doesn't do you in first. Its sheer madness.

Well then, that's where we all need to step up and change things by changing who we are inside.
There are things that can be done to downgrade this negative planet. Turn off the violent t.v. shows, stop playing the killing games on your game piece, avoid negative people, and when a negative thought enters our mind, replace it with a positive thought. There is a lot we can do.
The earth actually responds to our thoughts. All the weird weather, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. that are increasing in intensity each year show where the human mindset is. Of course, our thoughts don't control all of it, but it plays a major part.

It all begins with the man in the mirror, as Michael Jackson sang.

If there is an afterlife (which I currently doubt exists) and I'm not some cog in a machine, I would never voluntarily come back here. If I've done it before I can only conclude I must be a sadomasochist. As would be anybody else who would bother with this planet.

A little birdie told me that each spirit has to do at least one lifetime on earth to learn about emotions. This could be where the bible got that verse from, "It is appointed once for man to die" that was discussed earlier in the thread, but we won't derail the thread again with all that.
Yes, this is said to be the toughest planet in the solar system, with the hardest lessons to learn.
Some people don't make; they commit suicide... big mistake! All that does is make it necessary to come back and do it over and over again until the person succeeds.
So, just try your hardest to learn your lessons this time around, and you won't have to come back here again.

I don't want to come back here either!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If there's life after death then can't there be reincarnation?

Eben Alexander, Harvard Neurosurgeon, Describes Heaven After Near-Death Experience

A successful neurosurgeon, who has taught at Harvard Medical School and other universities, spent his life dismissing claims of heavenly out-of-body experiences and refuting such talk with scientific logic, until he himself had a near-death experience.

During that time, Dr. Eben Alexander says he saw heaven and knows the afterlife exists. Now he's telling the world in his new book, "Proof of Heaven."

Alexander's tale is the cover story on Newsweek's latest issue, which features the headline, "Heaven Is Real: A Doctor's Experience Of The Afterlife." Alexander, a Christian, claims he took the journey to the afterlife when he slipped into a coma in 2008 after contracting a very rare bacterial meningitis.

I'm sure you can google him and find his story. I enjoyed reading it.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Yes both scenarios are horrible enough , adding that you cant remember your last entry, and I'm more concerned with the reason why .

You know after I watched Nolan's Memento I could not help but think the movie almost perfectly portrayed the same issue we have here, that every time you're back your memories are gone, and of course the whole mess because of that.

(Well maybe I overthought too much then I searched the web, turned out many others think the same about the movie.)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 3rdState

I posted this previously. Guess you missed it. It is just one example out of many that could be given as a reason why we don't remember our past life.

Actually, this is a similar account that was told to a friend of mine when they had a regression done.

If we remembered certain past lives, it would interfere with our progress in this lifetime.

Let's say there was two people that caused harm (emotionally/physically) to each other in a past life. So, these two people come back as mother and daughter in their current life to learn forgiveness and how to love each other, thereby releasing the negative karma they had in the past life.
If these people remembered hating each other in a past life, and what that person inflicted upon them then, it would make things a lot tougher to get past in this life.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's Saturday! Just a reminder that another episode of Reincarnated: Past Lives airs tonight. Watch, or set your DVR.

Check your listing for air times in your area on LMN.

www.mylifetime.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join