It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I mentioned the notion of "morphogenetic fields" - which is just a name among many others and which I said expressely is not a demonstrated fact - simply to illustrate the myriad possible explanations for what seem to be "memories" of past lives.
The whole point of this example was that this notion is NOT demonstrated as a fact - yet we cannot dismiss it either, because we simply don't know enough to do that. (And certainly there seems to be much more compelling evidence in favor of a common "reservoir" of knowledge - called by many names, from "akashic fields" to "holographic universe" and quantum-what-not - than there is for reincarnation or metempsychosis.)

I'd rather not indulge in repeating myself, so I'll just reiterate that, in my opinion, one should always, at all times, be acutely aware of the FACT that we (humans) simply do not have the information we need - not by a long shot - to make an informed decision about most of the mysteries that baffle us. (Furthermore, even things that appear to be "known" could turn out to be misinterpretations in the light of a wider set of data.)

Do I mean that we will never be able to move beyond our cognitive limitations?
Not at all. Certainly the expansion of cognition through other channels - beyond mere reason (the most limited of all human cognitive tools) - is a must and a most worthwhile goal. I for one could not imagine a life without attempting to do just that.

Why am I here?
Why not, is perhaps a better question.
I am here because thinking (which includes actively exchanging ideas) about the nature of the world - and the inevitable concomitant limitations of the human cognitive apparatus, such as it is at this point - is what I like best and what I do most, I suppose. Because I find it a most worthwhile and exciting endeavor, and everything in my rather rich life is subordinate to it.
That's all.

edit on 26-3-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

TechniXcality

FraZZleD38

TechniXcality
reply to post by SaturnFX

The akashic records, are just a mystical interpretation of Carl Jungs collective unconcious. Serendipity, meaning in chance are all very real. Just as real as apathy. I could say a lot on this and i don't know why, but i remember a dream perhaps; but it occured when i was really young.It may be a memory, regardless i was standing with a none discriptive entity starring at the world making a choice to come back. It was as if i needed to prove something or learn something but i had the choice. I also was shown everything that would happen to me but i knew i was going to forget it all if i choose to experince it anyway. so i guess it's obviouse which choice i made lol

I sent you a message I hope I did it right. I'm sorta new on this site and haven't figured out how it works entirely. Anyways, I also remember choosing this life. I need to compare notes with you because it sounds like you remember what I remember.

Got your message and replied to you.... I'm sure you received my message now! The akashic records your talking about are real the same thing Edgar Casey talked about. I was there and saw it. It's amazing! It's like a giant library of everything written in all languages. But no matter what language it's written in you can still understand everything in it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I am so glad you started this thread I watched the show Reincarnation. It was fantastic and scientific. They do a super job of researching for factual information. About the person they claim they were in a past life. I've got my tv set on record....lol

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FraZZleD38

I agree; they do a great job!

I have my DVR set too. I don't want to miss one single episode!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

LOL!
No, I think the new -see more at- is automatically embedded now when a partial quote is taken - like some other websites do with titles or when you c/p part of a story.

But, anyway - please excuse me for not understanding your pov. I'm certainly no scientist. I know who Newton is, though.

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ah, well, that explains it then, and it also explains why dreams are under the category of "personal proof." So much for them. Not that hey don't mean something personally to the dreamers, but....we can all see, based on responses like this, why they really don't hold up to much scrutiny.

But, please explain how Corsair Boy (vid previous)

1. Knew a Corsair by sight at age 2.
2. Knew the difference between a bomb and a drop tank.
3. Knew the (very obscure) name of a baby flattop he says flew off of.
4. Knew the exact name of another pilot on board at the same time.
5. Spotted where "he" was shot down, corroborated by #4 above.
6. Named "The Japanese" as those who shot him down.
7. Knew his former name.

Knew about fifty (50) other salient points about the WW II pilot and his experiences.

Now let's not cop out and claim "He saw it on TV" or "His Mommy told him." unless you have some specific evidence, and hopefully you won't resort to "morphogenic fields." And after this particular account we've got several dozen more from all over the world that are equally enigmatic.

OK. Go!

I'll leave the explaining up to you. I'll let you conjecture that one person lives countless lives throughout history. I'll let you imagine that memories travel from a corpse to a sperm. And you're worried I would bring up morphogenic fields?

What about Cryptomnesia? What about confabulation? Oh right, it's too simple; its a cop out. I better postulate some transmigration of souls or something.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If people remembered all their past lives, possibly in the thousands or more, they'd go into shock.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Aphorism

I'll leave the explaining up to you. I'll let you conjecture that one person lives countless lives throughout history. I'll let you imagine that memories travel from a corpse to a sperm. And you're worried I would bring up morphogenic fields?

What about Cryptomnesia? What about confabulation? Oh right, it's too simple; its a cop out. I better postulate some transmigration of souls or something.

Wait a sec here. Who said anything about living "countless lives"? You did. Who said anything about memories traveling from a "corpse to a sperm?" You did. No one who has studied reincarnation even briefly would EVER claim that memories "traveled from a corpse to a sperm." That may show your understanding of what you think reincarnation is, but it has nothing to do with reincarnation as it is typically understood.

These are Straw Men you made up in order to attribute them elsewhere and then ridicule them. They also COMPLETELY AVOID THE ISSUE because, of course, you are incapable of answering them. You can't answer how a two-year old who can barely talk can name an obscure aircraft carrier as the one he was stationed on, and have that be corroborated.

Why are you ignoring issues like that? Do you have an answer? Of course not. How do "confabulation" and "cryptomnesia" apply here? They don't. And you're right; they ARE simple. And they don't apply.

Materialists will NEVER believe in anything but materialism. Never. That's their whole world and anything outside of it, by their own definition, does NOT exist. When confronted with questions such as mine above, they ignore them as if they don't exist. To actually attempt an answer would twist them into pretzels and make them look silly, and they KNOW this, which is why they ignore them. They're whistling past the graveyard.

Further, we already know people like you don't believe reincarnation is real. It's not exactly a new concept and your attitude is not something we've never heard before. In fact, it's prevalent. But the question before us is this: What if reincarnation is true? An "it isn't" answer is not responsive to the question. The question is NOT: "Is reincarnation true?" at which point an "it isn't" answer is valid. That's not the question we asked. So why are you answering a question that was not asked?

We are asking the question: "What if reincarnation IS true?" And we've brought forth many different answers that bear on the question, including a number of cases with questions that you cannot seem to answer.

I don't really care if you can answer them. I know you cannot. But your continued interruption of this conversation is off topic and really irrelevant to what we are discussing.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wait a sec here. Who said anything about living "countless lives"? You did. Who said anything about memories traveling from a "corpse to a sperm?" You did. No one who has studied reincarnation even briefly would EVER claim that memories "traveled from a corpse to a sperm." That may show your understanding of what you think reincarnation is, but it has nothing to do with reincarnation as it is typically understood.

I mean its fairly obvious that I said that. Is this supposed to be an argument?

Oh right, your argument is that what is typical is true, I’m not authoritative enough. Argumentum ad populum. Appeal to authority.

Does any religion that proposes reincarnation say that people can remember past lives? No they don’t.

These are Straw Men you made up in order to attribute them elsewhere and then ridicule them. They also COMPLETELY AVOID THE ISSUE because, of course, you are incapable of answering them. You can't answer how a two-year old who can barely talk can name an obscure aircraft carrier as the one he was stationed on, and have that be corroborated.

And you are capable of answering? Or are you trying to hide your double standards? If anecdote is your evidence, then boy do I have some stories to sell you.

Why are you ignoring issues like that? Do you have an answer? Of course not. How do "confabulation" and "cryptomnesia" apply here? They don't. And you're right; they ARE simple. And they don't apply.

Actually, they do apply. They are the scientific consensus of past-life regression. Unless you can formulate an argument on how they don’t? But let me guess—I’m wrong by default. Because, why? I’m sure you’ll explain in your next paragraph…

Materialists will NEVER believe in anything but materialism. Never. That's their whole world and anything outside of it, by their own definition, does NOT exist. When confronted with questions such as mine above, they ignore them as if they don't exist. To actually attempt an answer would twist them into pretzels and make them look silly, and they KNOW this, which is why they ignore them. They're whistling past the graveyard.

I was expecting an argument, but fallacy is all I get. Straw man. Red-herring. Whatever views I hold do not negate my argument.

Further, we already know people like you don't believe reincarnation is real. It's not exactly a new concept and your attitude is not something we've never heard before. In fact, it's prevalent. But the question before us is this: What if reincarnation is true? An "it isn't" answer is not responsive to the question. The question is NOT: "Is reincarnation true?" at which point an "it isn't" answer is valid. That's not the question we asked. So why are you answering a question that was not asked?

People like me? More straw men.

What if reincarnation is true? What if pink elephants orbit Sirius? They are not answered because they are questions without answers.

We are asking the question: "What if reincarnation IS true?" And we've brought forth many different answers that bear on the question, including a number of cases with questions that you cannot seem to answer.

I don't really care if you can answer them. I know you cannot. But your continued interruption of this conversation is off topic and really irrelevant to what we are discussing.

Argument from ignorance.

Actually it is quite relevant, and you have yet to pose a single, that is, not one argument against what I’ve said without resorting to fallacy.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Why are you still here? You are not being responsive to the basic question of this thread. Nobody really cares much about the points you bring up because they aren't relevant to the discussion. Memories go from "corpse to sperm"?? Good Lord! That's a howler. You made it up. At least have the guts to accept responsibility.

Now, how can a two-year old come up with the exact name of an obscure (and I mean REALLY obscure, deep in some history books and that's about it) aircraft carrier where his prior self was stationed, including the exact name of one of his compatriots, and have both those issues corroborated by outside parties? How can he do that?

Please answer the question.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Aphorism
Actually, they do apply.

Actually they don't because a 2 year old couldn't be remembering forgotten or distorted memories of something that he could not have experienced.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Uh, excuse me.

Have you read Chris Carter's books that explain the theories? It's really hard to argue one's way out of them, no matter how many big words or obscure terms you want to use.

The populace here is not as inept as you imagine.

Now.
Have you, or have you not read Carter's books?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I haven't read any of them, but I've read a ton of others.
I'd be interested in reading his work. Do you have any titles that you think are best?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There are only three of them so far.

Schuyler had linked them earlier, but here's an older thread about one of them that I found.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by sled735

There are only three of them so far.

Schuyler had linked them earlier, but here's an older thread about one of them that I found.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, okay. I've been going through the thread and looking at links and videos as my limited time allows.
Thanks. I'll get to it eventually. I usually have to wait until the weekend to spend any real time on checking things out.

ETA: Ah, Wildtimes!! She was such an asset to ATS. I hate that she is no longer with us.
You remind me of her a lot.
Thanks for your contributions to this thread.

edit on 3/26/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Two reasons why reincarnation is rejected and why forgetting past lives is so popular:

1) For the individual: Most of the time we were not benevolent queens, kings and angels in our past lives. We were as stupid as we are now and we made mistakes. And the more serious our mistakes were the harder it is for us to take responsibility for them. The (seemingly) easiest way out is to forget and insist it never happened.

2) For the oppressors: If individuals would find out that they can simply resume where they left off in the next life, it will become much harder to threaten them into line by punishment. People would tend to become freer. And this is not desirable in the eyes of those who are scared.

In my opinion there is overwhelming proof for reincarnation. And it is the only concept that is satisfying, both logically and philosophically.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SacredLore

Yes, indeed.
And if we remembered certain past lives, it would interfere with our progress in this lifetime.

Let's say there was two people that caused harm (emotionally/physically) to each other in a past life. So, these two people come back as mother and daughter in their current life to learn forgiveness and how to love each other, thereby releasing the negative karma they had in the past life.
If these people remembered hating each other in a past life, and what that person inflicted upon them then, it would make things a lot tougher to get past in this life.

Thanks for bringing that up.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Now, how can a two-year old come up with the exact name of an obscure (and I mean REALLY obscure, deep in some history books and that's about it) aircraft carrier where his prior self was stationed, including the exact name of one of his compatriots, and have both those issues corroborated by outside parties? How can he do that?

Just to be sure, it was his parents that relayed all this information. You are citing them and not the child in question. It was they who wrote about it, and are being payed handsomely for it by people such as yourself.

Did his "memories" start before or after he went to an Aviation museum full of planes?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Uh, excuse me.

Have you read Chris Carter's books that explain the theories? It's really hard to argue one's way out of them, no matter how many big words or obscure terms you want to use.

The populace here is not as inept as you imagine.

Now.
Have you, or have you not read Carter's books?

You know my answer because you've asked me this before.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

edit on 3/26/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join