It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated: Past Lives; What if There’s Proof?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I watched a fascinating new t.v. series last night on LMN entitled, Reincarnated: Past Lives.
A licensed hypnotherapist, Damian Bertrand, takes people back to remember past lives, then researches the names, area of residence, and other information the client remembers, to validate their memories really happened.

Last night on the first show, a young lady was wondering why she was obsessed with donating her eggs to couples who couldn't have children. She said the procedure was quite painful, and she needed to know if something in a past life was influencing her regarding this obsession in her current life; she had no explanation.

Dr. Bertrand took her back through two past life's before finding the answer to her question.
This woman lived in Egypt in the 1500's, and she was barren. During that time period women who couldn't have children were out-casts.
She spoke in Arabic while under hypnosis, and told the doctor the name of certain things that she says she had no way of knowing in this life.
Her first past life memories provided many things that were verified to be true, also.

You should be able to watch the video from the LMN website. Sorry, I can't post it here.

www.mylifetime.com

What if we’ve lived before? What if there’s proof?

In the new LMN series, "Reincarnated: Past Lives," licensed hypnotherapist Damian Bertrand guides ordinary people through emotionally charged past life regressions in an attempt to discover the origins of their mysterious obsessions, unexplained phobias, peculiar abilities and recurring nightmares.

From the bloody battlefields of Britain's Middle Ages to the desert villages of ancient Jerusalem, their past life memories are brought to life via stunning cinematic recreations - transporting viewers across history and into worlds as vivid as present day.

And, in a potentially life-changing conclusion, the seemingly random names, locations and information revealed by each participant while under hypnosis are validated by extensive research and physical evidence. Would knowing who they were then change how they live now?

This is a great show for anyone who has questions, or is struggling with their belief that reincarnation could be true.
It comes on Saturday nights at 10 p.m. EST in the U.S., and each show is unique in the evidence provided to validate reincarnation. I hope you will watch it and learn some truths for yourself.

I know there are people here who will say these are demons, or familiar spirits, that are placing the memories in people's mind.

I disagree.

If you think about it, you'll see how reincarnation offers many answers as to why certain things happen to people.
E.g., why some are born with a silver spoon, and others are poor their entire life; why some are born with disabilities, while others never get sick; and the list goes on and on.

I have also read in some of the lost books of the Bible where Jesus taught reincarnation, but Emperor Constantine and his Council left those books out of the ones they chose to be used as the only religion to be taught under his rule.

Anyway, lots of evidence is out there for people who are on the fence about reincarnation, if you'll do your research.
I hope this new t.v. show will provide you with information to make that final decision easier.

I can't share a video from the show here, but this one seems to offer some great evidence too:

edit on 23-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Link Corrected by Op Request

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

sled735
If you think about it, you'll see how reincarnation offers many answers as to why certain things happen to people.
E.g., why some are born with a silver spoon, and others are poor their entire life; why some are born with disabilities, while others never get sick; and the list goes on and on.

Why couldn't those examples you site simply be a matter of genetics and luck of the draw? not sure reincarnation would answer any of that.

Why did I stub my toe?....reincarnation...
or..maybe I simply wasn't watching where I was walking.

Anyhow, the subject is kinda interesting...but even if a person fully remembered every single detail of a previous persons life down to secret nicknames and combos to locks, it wouldn't be evidence of strictly reincarnation..it could be many things, to include a bunch of other potentially supernatural explanations...but I digress.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Answers to your questions can be found in research on this subject. I had to read many, many books, and watch many documentaries before I was convinced that reincarnation is real, due to my Christian up-bringing (brain-washing).

And before anyone comes on here saying memories are passed down through genes, I will tell you a story of another hypnotist who did a regression on a client. She remembered a past-life as a woman who had no children. Her past life was verified through research of names, places, and events she told of during her session.
The fact she had no children to pass any memory genes down to gives credibility to the fact that reincarnation is real.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

sled735

Answers to your questions can be found in research on this subject. I had to read many, many books, and watch many documentaries before I was convinced that reincarnation is real, due to my Christian up-bringing (brain-washing).

And before anyone comes on here saying memories are passed down through genes, I will tell you a story of another hypnotist who did a regression on a client. She remembered a past-life as a woman who had no children. Her past life was verified through research of names, places, and events she told of during her session.
The fact she had no children to pass any memory genes down to gives credibility to the fact that reincarnation is real.

Well, not going to put my skeptic hat on..too easy. Instead, I will put on my possibilities hat to muddy the waters a bit.

Edgar Cayce discussed something called the akashic records. Basically a universal database where every thought, action, word, etc is stored..you can then tap into this (and ultimately someones life) through whatever.
Now
What if the regressions and remembering isn't going back to a previous life you had, but rather just sticking your head into the file of someone elses life...it may seem like you must have lived it because of the vision and clarity, but in reality your simply reading a book penned by someone else so to speak.

Just demonstrating that even without being skeptical, you can throw the whole reincarnation hypothesis into question (without resorting to demons and whatnot).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

That's a good question/point, but..

People visiting the akashic records usually find themselves in a big building with marble pillars, and go to a large room that is like a huge library. Then they look for a certain book on the person they want to know about.
What they read may be able to be experienced as a real event for themselves, but I think they would know if the memory was from the book, or one they experienced themselves previously.

The people in this show are pulled off the street, and I doubt that all of them have the ability, or the knowledge, in how to visit the akashic records in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Reincarnation explaines many things that happen, Child Prodegies, Birth defects etc..

Check out Life After Life by Dr. Raymond Moody

Even in the recognized Bible Jesus does not deny reincarnation and has ample opportunity to do so.
John 9:1 - 9:2
1 And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Speaking about John the Baptist
Matthew 17:12 - But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. IF THEY HAD BEEN THINKING OF THE COUNTRY THEY HAD LEFT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN. Instead they were longing for a better country — a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:13–16)

The sentence I have emphasized with capitals clearly indicates that people who die still hankering after the things of earth, will be given the opportunity to return to it. This is precisely what reincarnation is all about. This passage also says that people who consider themselves “aliens and strangers on earth” will have a city prepared for them by God. This ties in with Jesus saying,
“In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2)

It is also exactly what believers in reincarnation say happens when all earthly desires and karma have been worked out, except that they call these heavenly cities “astral planes” (or in some cases “etheric planes”). They mean exactly the same thing, though; only the words differ.

www.markmason.net...

Since Edgar Cayce was brought up, you may want to investigate what he said about reincarnation, specifically about himself.

During forty-three years of his adult life, Edgar Cayce (1877–1945) gave more than 14,000 psychic dissertations, called readings, on a variety of subjects. In 1901, at the age of 24, Edgar Cayce gave the first reading for himself, diagnosing a health condition, but it really wasn’t until 1923 that the subject of reincarnation was explored in a reading given to a printer from Ohio. (Interestingly enough, the concept had been mentioned in a prior reading given as early as 1911, but no one among Cayce’s associates was familiar with the idea, so the reference wasn’t recognized as such for decades.) The printer had already obtained successful readings for two members of his family when he asked for a horoscope reading. Toward the end of that reading [5717-1] the sleeping Cayce spoke the curious sentence: “he was once a monk.”

That statement opened the door to a whole new area of research and investigation – the topic of reincarnation.
[ex]

also

From Cayce’s perspective, the reason for believing in reincarnation is not so that we can dwell upon the past or brag about the possibility of once having been someone famous, instead it is to enable a soul to understand the consequences of previous choices and to know that each individual is ultimately responsible for shaping and creating his or her life in the present

www.edgarcayce.org...

edit on 23-3-2014 by RedmoonMWC because: For clairification.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I know I was reincarnated.

I died in WWII London during a Nazi bombing raid.
I was 5 years old or so I'd guess. Maybe 6.
I was on a playground that got blown up.
My mother of that time period, and two of her friends, were standing on the side of the park.
They were dressed in 1940s dresses.
The air raid sirens went off. I looked at my mother to see what we should do.
She said 'ignore them, they always go off and nothing happens'
Then we all blew up and I died.

I've experienced this in recurring dreams since I was a small child.
Not so much now ... I'm almost 52. But until I was in my late 20s.

I just hope I don't have to come back yet again. I'd like to move on. Earth tires me.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Reincarnation - yes or no, sure is a big one. I used to believe in it, had past life regressions and even went into future ones, all during the time in my life when I wanted to use my mind to escape from my dreary daily realities.

In both the Padgett Messages and The Urantia Book it says there's no such things as reincarnation, it just being a belief we use to deny yet more of feeling-self with. And for me these are the two of the most helpful spiritual resources we can use.

In regards to this thread, I've worked with my spirit helpers a lot about how such things as these regressions on this show might work, and for what it's worth, I've come to understand that there are many ways to make the person believe they are 'tuning in' on what they want to believe are past lives. Or even if they don't want to believe it.

When you understand that we all have an Indwelling Spirit (re: The Urantia Book), and it can share with every other indwelling spirit currently on the planet in the higher minds of people, or with every indwelling spirit that has ever come to Earth, so with every person that's every been here, then such full real life experiences of being someone else can readily be tapped into, all being carried out by ones indwelling spirit.

And then there are hosts of spirits and even angels that can access the records of anyone who's been on Earth and so impress them on someone open to such things, even speaking other languages and so forth as mentioned above.

For me now its not so much about what I might have done or who I might have been in the past, should I even believe in reincarnation, but why I am having this experience; and like ones dreams, one can use all the feelings that come up in the experience to help one uncover deeper truth of themselves. So the actual past life recall being just another vehicle to help one look into themselves through its symbology.

When I came to understand personality is sacred, that God bestows ONLY ONE personality on each half of a soul, a soul having two personalities it expresses in Creation - soulmates; then for me as the personality I am, to die, only to be reincarnated in future as another personality, someone who is completely different to myself, I know couldn't and would never happen. For example: Say I am David, and so for me to end and become Anne, is just not going to happen, I can feel it. Because I'm not going to end. And I know there are all the arguments about we being really an oversoul that incarnates bits of itself at different times so has multiple personally experiences, but I think that's all nonsense too.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Even in the recognized Bible Jesus does not deny reincarnation and has ample opportunity to do so.
John 9:1 - 9:2
1 And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Speaking about John the Baptist
Matthew 17:12 - But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

I don't see where you drew the line to reincarnation here

Hebrews 9:27,28
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I just hope I don't have to come back yet again. I'd like to move on. Earth tires me.

Me too. I'mfrom an affluent family and I have watched the world turn to crap to the point where I do not want to come back in the future. I still have some decades to go, barring mishaps and even dread that too.

Can you be reincarnated in the past? I'd like to be reborn as myself again and live the same life with different life choices - from career to spouse to location. Is this possible I wonder? If not, why not?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for posting this!
I went to the website but the video function came up blank. I'll check to see if it'll be rebroadcast at any other times, though.

I'm a believer in reincarnation, have been since I was a kid.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The physics behind Reincarnation is extremely troublesome. Especially if you do believe that the human mind (spirit) does exist separate from the human brain and that it does survive the death of that brain. There is another plausible explanation for the evidence that does seem to exist that is being interpreted as proof of Reincarnation, and it's extremely easy to reconcile with the physics of the mind/brain survival system.

The human brain - like all material brains - translates DNA survival dictates into real-time response action items. That said, the human brain does what most other material brains can't do - it plans for a future that doesn't exist yet, and ruminates over a past that (in many cases) never actually happened. In short, it employs conceptual abstraction as a tool within its survival system's cache. It's this capacity that makes the human mind so unique among other brain-equipped organisms.

The bitch, however, is that with this capacity for abstraction comes the vulnerability of delusion, since abstraction is 100% subjective in nature, as is delusional thinking. The key point of vulnerability in this case is what I've decided to term the "memory cloud" (in honor of the recent web-centric corporate data vaulting craze - cloud computing). Each human brain uses its own memory cloud as a residual data set vault from which to draw comparisons, inferences, deductive and inductive reasonings, and whatever else it takes for it to configure and set into action its ongoing series of responses to each instance of stimuli that it's presented with.

This memory cloud is populated with data sets that are factual representations of whatever that mind/brain system has perceived and/or remembered about a perception and/or imagined as a result of rumination or memory. This can be very different than what the brain itself has actually experienced, since what's allowed into the memory cloud is highly processed and attributed before it's allowed in. Two bits of evidence for this vetting/attributing process are cognitive dissonance and the 0.5 - 7 second delay between a decision that's been made and the experience of having made that decision (we've had that thread topic on this board numerous times in the Metaphysics forum). What's not so well documented is that it is the mind itself that does this processing of memory cloud perception data sets. Current technology can't measure the activities of the mind, and yet, who's going to suggest that the human being hasn't got a mind that is active...right?

What happens in the case of "Reincarnation" is that some minds (even long after their authoring brains have been dead and gone) feel a tremendous need to remain somehow connected to the corporeal realm of humans that still have brains. Some of those minds have learned that they can interact - in a way - by slipping data sets through the memory cloud vetting/attributing process of living humans (generally children, whose mind/brain survival systems are still just getting it together, and are not "hardened" against this kind of overt intrusion) and implanting these data sets as memories that these children will believe to be their own. Some use this method to communicate (as an imaginary friend, perhaps) via "immediate memory" experience, and others simply implant the significant events of their lives pre-attributed as "long term memories" that the child's own extremely vulnerable vetting/attributing process won't be capable of distinguishing as artificially introduced.

In this way, if some passed human being feels his/her own life story should never be forgotten, it won't be. It will become the "past life" story of a person who will relate that story to others that are still alive. This gives the long-dead human being a shot at some level of ongoing presence within the corporeal realm, even after their own life played out and ended in relative obscurity. Yes, it's extremely selfish and self-centered, especially considering that these people are inflicting this crap on children, but since when has it ever been that selfish and self-centered human beings are a rarity?

So, basically, the memories of children are being artificially altered by the introduction of foreign perception data sets that have been slipped through the vetting/attributing process that populates each child's memory cloud, and it's being done to children because their entire survival system is newly developing, and vulnerable as a result to this sort of easy manipulation.

These kids are not experiencing past lives. They're experiencing memories of people who've placed those data sets within their own memory clouds in an attempt to remain present within the lives of people who are still alive. Sort of like a really pathetic version of having a statue erected in their own honor so that they'll be remembered by (at least) someone. Really pathetic, but it's as good as it'll get for these people, and some people will take what they can get.

edit on 3/23/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There is an interesting movie some of you may have heard of, Audrey Rose. It didn't get the best reviews, but I liked it. It is about a girls struggle with her past death. Now, interesting enough, this movie is not based on a true story, HOWEVER the author of the movie became interested in reincarnation, because at the age of 6 his son began playing ragtime music on the piano, he had never learned to play the piano, and I doubt at the age of 6 he would have heard much ragtime. Here is a link about the movie. The MOVIE is also available to stream on NETFLIX.

www.imdb.com...

I have heard so many stories about reincarnation, that it almost must be real. Children making comments like, "when I was your age" Or "When I was big" or" My other Mommy before you", are just some examples of hints of reincarnation, then there are some people who remember places they have never been or even seen for that matter. They know things they simply should have no knowledge of, yet they know every detail about these things.

Reincarnation is against my religious beliefs, but I am not God, so who knows.
edit on 23-3-2014 by kurthall because: ADDED

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Hebrews is just Hebrews. It's human interpretation of Christ's teaching.
The Gospel of John is quoting Christ Himself.
And Christ Himself did say that John the Baptizer was Elijah reincarnated.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I have heard so many stories about reincarnation, that it almost must be real. Children making comments like, "when I was your age" Or "When I was big" or" My other Mommy before you", are just some examples of hints of reincarnation, then there are some people who remember places they have never been or even seen for that matter. They know things they simply should have no knowledge of, yet they know every detail about these things.

Reincarnation is against my religious beliefs, but I am not God, so who knows.

If you feel it almost must be real (and I agree the evidence is quite overwhelming with the children and other things recalled during regression, etc.) then why must you decide it's against your religious beliefs? Wouldn't it be okay to change your mind?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Textreply to post by sled735

I'm sure that this has been posted before, but I think it deserves a review, especially as the subject is reincarnation..

The Egg
By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

As for myself, I have vivid memories of being at the Somme in WW1. I was an English soldier in the trenches and I remember the fear, the smell, the rain (!) the whistle of bombs falling. I was one of the lucky (?) ones, injured and after a long time recovering, as far as recovering with a spinal injury goes, sent back home. I committed suicide eventually, which, I believe got me sent right back here to live a life that almost concurs with the last life. I was born in Northern Ireland at the start of the Troubles, endured pain, loss and ended up in a wheelchair due to muscular problems. The lesson I learned was - Don't commit suicide! And you know, I have tried this time around, many times, but I am convinced I am not allowed to do it. Life is precious.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I know I was reincarnated.

I died in WWII London during a Nazi bombing raid.
I was 5 years old or so I'd guess. Maybe 6.
I was on a playground that got blown up.
My mother of that time period, and two of her friends, were standing on the side of the park.
They were dressed in 1940s dresses.
The air raid sirens went off. I looked at my mother to see what we should do.
She said 'ignore them, they always go off and nothing happens'
Then we all blew up and I died.

I've experienced this in recurring dreams since I was a small child.
Not so much now ... I'm almost 52. But until I was in my late 20s.

Bad luck, as the majority of British children were sent to live in the country during what was known as the EVACUATION

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've only had one indication of past life, outside of vague memories. I was heading up a psychic society once, organizing monthly meetings, doing the president things, and one month I was at the front of the meeting room before the start of the meeting. I saw a woman with very long hair signing in, just saw her from the back. For no conscious reason I walked across the room up to her (her back), asked out of the blue with no thought of the words I was using, "Are you married this time?". She turned around, said yes, we talked, had just about everything in common on communication levels, and she was my best friend for the next several years. One of those stay up all night talk to dawn friends. I could write threads about the psychic experiences we had together. So my strange introductory words to her could have been the ravings of a loon, if it wasn't for the instant connection we had and the affinity on communication and interest areas (it was a psychic society meeting, so she wasn't coming there for cupcake lessons, but that aside the similarities and our later accomplishments with each other were affirming of a connection)

She had a young son at the time, and he kept telling us about his past life, but then he lost those memories a year or so after I met him.

I wrote a thread quite awhile ago about someone's mom dying as my girlfriend and I were sitting the house, and this was this woman's mother (she and her husband had gone to another city, but she cried the entire trip there, knowing that she'd never see her mom again - and I had to phone her husband to tell him and she knew what the news would be before he answered the phone).

_______

The best personal testimony I heard was when my main teacher, Harold Schroeppel, told of an experience he had when he was working in early Eidetic Foundation and Scientology areas (he did this in the 1950s). There was a very gifted man named "Wing" Angel who worked in scientology at that time (back in the good old days before they freaked out), and he was pretty crippled up and in pain. He was having auditing one day, and in the middle of the session, realizing how crippled he was, said "The hell with it" and died. Years later a child claimed he was Angel, and recognized all the people he worked with. Harold met him and "the former not latter" Wing Angel recognized him and they talked of experiences they'd had together. The new kid, in time, lost his memories of his past life. (this story was to me, of course, second hand, but I never knew Harold to lie).

edit on 23-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors
Memories may be passed down through generations in DNA in a process that may be the underlying cause of phobias
...However, new research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA.
Researchers at the Emory University School of Medicine, in Atlanta, found that mice can pass on learned information about traumatic or stressful experiences...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

one day science will catch up to the shamans...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Yeah .. obviously my mother at that time wasn't too smart.
The air raid sirens were going off and she said 'ignore them - nothing happens'
BOOOOM! Something happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join