It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the internet spell the end for secret societies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
With the internet being accessable to more and more people then won't secret societies find it harder to remain secret?

Anyone who finds information on secret societies can easily put it onto the internet and this will result in more people finding out more info and so on...

I think that it won't be long until there is an explosion of 'previously secret societies'. Does this mean that the internet will become a target for secret societies or totally avoided?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The interent merely offers another means for so called revealers to post their information.

The problem the interent throws up is not to the revelations that could be given, more to the number of hoaxes and falseties that can be circulated.

Anyone can have a website, and publish any old rubbish, but before the most common published media was books. If you couldn't credit your information with valid sources, or prove your content it was harder to get published.

The internet in a way wil aid societies in remaining secret, the more fales and untrue accusations made, the easier it will be for them to merely say oh not another thought, slander, etc. Once anyone has had the ability to debunk many claims, people will stop investigating it, or whether their denials are infact true.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What an excellent question you raise! I have been wondering the same thing for some time. I am still quite new to the internet and computers, but I have found a great deal of information regarding "seret" societies, which is not supposed to be know to anyone out side the society. I am a Freemason and I was astonished to find much of our ritual and codes on the internet. However, to quote Sangeet Duchane, in her book "The Little Book of Freemasonry", "...the real secrets of Freemasonry...cannot be revealed; they can only be experienced". I believe this is true. Therefore, I suppose the point is moot.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Actually, for genuine "secret societies" as distinct from "societies with secrets", the internet is the greatest development in information tools there has been.

Instantaneous secure communications around the planet (in theory)... world domination programs progressing faster than the speed of sound...

Not all the internet is accessible, and not all apparent revelations by enthusiasts have much to do with the work of secret societies.

The question remains... who has access to the instantaneous communications, who watches them, and are they in on it too?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
.... Hmmm. You know more than I do about the internet.

.... Your questions reach out and grab me by the brains.

.... I'll give them some thought and return in the morning.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Good question! I agree with one of the above posts. I believe that the internet will only impower the secret societies.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

The question remains... who has access to the instantaneous communications, who watches them, and are they in on it too?

Perhaps the internet is the newest incarnation of The Secret Society.

Throughout history there does seem to be some kind of organisation or society that has guided humanity from the shadows. The Freemasons during the American Revolution are a good example of one of these incarnations. They created a country that guaranteed the rights of free speech, freedom of religious beliefs, and even the right to overthrow the government if it becomes tyrannical. Once the issue of slavery was settled, Freemasonry began to evolve into a purely fraternal and philanthropic organisation. At this time, any discussion of politics or religion is forbidden in Lodge meetings. Any "Hidden Masters " that existed seem to have moved on.

Today,with the coming of the internet, interaction by people from every nation on the earth is commonplace. If there is anywhere that a secret society would have to have control to be effective it would be here.

Who controls the internet? According to a Google search on exactly those words, I was surprised to find that supposedly no one does! However when you start to investigate some of the websites listed there are a large number of corporations and societies that have an influence on the technology and the social evolution of the internet ( their words, not mine ).

Researching every organisation involved, and the people that run them is a huge task. and the time and resources needed are more than I can spare at this time, but I would be very interested to hear what anyone can discover on the subject.

Personally, I feel that the evidence seems to show that if there has been any kind of guiding influence on human history, for the most part it has been more to our benefit than to our detriment. Whenever a potential threat to our freedom, or even our survival arises, the problem is dealt with and progress continues. Hitler and global Communism are now only history,and although we have had nuclear weapons for almost sixty years,so far we have somehow managed to avoid our own self destruction.

Humanity has evolved from a race living in caves where every moment was a constant battle for survival, to a world where we as individuals have more freedoms, comforts, and access to information than we have had in any time in our history. The internet would seem to be a part of the next step in our evolution, where every person on the planet can be involved with the advancement of knowledge and where everyone's voice can be heard.

I realize that presenting the possiblity that a secret society could be working to our benefit won't be a popular viewpoint to many people, but if you believe that we are being guided by some unknown source, then history and the rapid spread of freedom and access to information in the world today does seem to suggest just this possibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Exactly right. My thoughts to a tee!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
All of the info about the Illuminati could be faked. We really wouldn't see any real Illuminati info on the web if they were real. Because if they were so powerful they would edit it out.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
The interent merely offers another means for so called revealers to post their information.

The problem the interent throws up is not to the revelations that could be given, more to the number of hoaxes and falseties that can be circulated.

Anyone can have a website, and publish any old rubbish, but before the most common published media was books. If you couldn't credit your information with valid sources, or prove your content it was harder to get published.

The internet in a way wil aid societies in remaining secret, the more fales and untrue accusations made, the easier it will be for them to merely say oh not another thought, slander, etc. Once anyone has had the ability to debunk many claims, people will stop investigating it, or whether their denials are infact true.

I have to agree with Bondi. The amount of disinformation on the internet is just going to fuel the fires of secrecy. It's almost getting to the point where I believe next to nothing I read on the internet until I verify another way. Look at the story about Ted The Caver. There's hundreds if not thousands of people who believed it, simply because it was on the internet and nothing said it WASN'T true. I don't think the internet will have any effect on the secrecy of secret societies. If it does it will be to their benefit.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think it is more lickely to have the oppisit effect.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I see it this way, a truth believer and member of a secret society will guard its secrets.

A upset former member of a secret society will divulge its secret in spite and misinformation will usually come out of it causing the so call mysteries and myth to form.

Then you have the fanatics that will fill the internet with useless rant about secret societies that are not true but the nature of their sites attract many.

The Internet has good information on secret societies but it has more so on misinformation, and then depending on what you are looking for that is what you will get and more often than not it will be the misinformation.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The internet is too secure to be ruled by anyone but the established secret rule.

The population is not intelligent enough to present any kind of challenge to this secret rule.

No former member of this ruling class is in any position to divulge any secrets; these secrets have to be discovered witout "legitimate sources" because all legitimate sources are disinformative. You are stuck with a planetary nature to use as a reference tool which is in a state of continual decline, and a civilized reality within which the truth has been encrypted symbolically; it is simply not published in plain language anywhere.

The base secrets have been revealed to the public, and the public couldn't handle the information. You see, common grade people are lazy and intellectually weak, and they have to be taught every last detail over and over if they are to absorb anything at all; they learn very little on their own, and screech like babies if they are expected to. If you leave anything for them to confirm on their own, they act like monkeys and throw sticks and stones. The people could discover the true secrets with hard work and study into our reality, but they don't do the work, so they are ruled by those who are not lazy.

Those who rule secretly are quick to infiltrate any organized opposition, and they are simply never detected.

Those who rule secretly live in a cultural reality completely removed from the more commonly understood reality, and they have full access to our reality. Their collective information pool is completely removed from ours, but they swim freely in ours.

They are effectively ten-fold more intelligent than any opposition, mostl because of their superior understanding of reality.

All opposition to them has failed miserably, simply because of the poor condition of the population at large, and the conspiracy theorists are in worst shape than most.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Simple question, here is the simple answer.

No!

Secret whoever, will always be around- why? Because in their minds they are more powerful than us, but they are not!

The problem is the infromation will just get deleted, and if the information does come up again, it will only be twisted, turned into what they think is readable.

Just like all the other inormation on the internet.

There have been many a website that has been left as page 404 or likewise.

But they (the illumanti) cant stop Gods work! (not Satan work, Gods work), they can only carry out Gods work. While It losess in the end

To me thats kinda funny-

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They are more powerful than the common majority. There is much about reality common people have no clue of. These ruling people play the archetypal role of God on this planet, and do so because they know what they are doing and the common folk do not. They have knowledge and we have childish ideals which may or may not reflect reality, but never in the manner we expect. God is something they understand to the degree required for secret rule. Religious people have virtually no understanding of god.

This power they possess more of is a real power. It draws energy from illumination. Their power attracts much more illumination to themselves, and we are effectively alloted our power by them.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another issue to be taken into account is the fact that the internet was designed by the Department of Defense. They can use it to keep track of who seems to be learning things.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Heres a thought: What if they fully intend on presenting thier secrets, unabridged, in the thought that there's no way anyone is going to believe them. At the same time, they hire out several others to spin the secrets into more rediculus notions of power-mongering while others are hired out to disprove both sides. In the end you have mass confusion, who's right who's wrong arguments, and several people posting on a dis. board about whether the information is real, and whether these secret societies would even want to use the internet as a source.

So the answer is, (I think, anyway) yes they use it to further re-direct attention away from what they're really trying to accomplish while they communicate back and forth in front of our very eyes.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Throughout history there does seem to be some kind of organisation or society that has guided humanity from the shadows. The Freemasons during the American Revolution are a good example of one of these incarnations. They created a country that guaranteed the rights of free speech, freedom of religious beliefs, and even the right to overthrow the government if it becomes tyrannical.

You are having a laugh I take it? Particularly the first scentence. More like the exact opposite.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by toneloke

Throughout history there does seem to be some kind of organisation or society that has guided humanity from the shadows. The Freemasons during the American Revolution are a good example of one of these incarnations. They created a country that guaranteed the rights of free speech, freedom of religious beliefs, and even the right to overthrow the government if it becomes tyrannical.

You are having a laugh I take it? Particularly the first scentence. More like the exact opposite.

The operative words are " does seem to be ". I admit that this is only a working theory, and I am always open to other suggestions.

The one theory that I have pretty much rejected is, that as a race we have always been so inclined to peaceful and noble purposes, if left to our own devices, we would naturally have all decided to " just get along ," instead of trying to find the best way to enslave or exterminate our fellow man.

That does make me laugh.

As for the rest of the quote, even Masonry's detractors admit the influence:

www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/mashist.htm

Although after thanking " our heavenly Father that we enjoy the freedoms that this republic grants us ", the author's argument falls a little bit flat.

By the way, welcome to ATS!

[edit on 11/30/2004 by tylerdjp]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What is all this speculation about? Don't kid yourselves. It is easy to form opinions about things you have no idea about. You think you have all this incredible insight about goings on within government and the people when really all you have are guesses. In the tests I have read about, what you have to 'offer,' all I can ascertain is your ability to take what is said and rearrange it in order to help yourselves. All the 'theories' you have discussed are neither approved nor disputed, making them irrelevant. Sure, there are plenty of 'facts' that may or may not be true. What makes your claim better or worse than the next claim? I need to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join