It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE TRUTH ABOUT RUSSIA: 5 Charts That Show What A Disaster The Economy Is Under Putin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Economists have reacted to the turmoil in Russia and Ukraine in recent weeks by slashing their forecasts for economic growth in Russia.

We don't have data for Q1 2014 yet, but given the recent market turmoil, the outflow is probably going to be substantial.
On Thursday, credit rating agency Standard & Poor's revised its outlook on Russia's current BBB sovereign rating to negative from stable.
"In our view, the deteriorating geopolitical situation has already had a negative impact on Russia's economy," said S&P analysts.

www.businessinsider.com...

The charts and list is complete in the link.

I was looking into the Russian economy. Now I know this news isn't a real shocker here.

I was just wanting to put this in perspective for the " Russian and Chinese" alliance will kill the US economy folks.

It seems that Putin is hurting their economy more than he is helping it.

I did a search and didn't find the article headline.

I just wanted to post the outlook for the Russian economy because I have been reading alot of fear mongering about the Russian and China deal.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How does the Russia economy affect ATSers?

I highly doubt the majority of us are suffering under the economy of... rUSsia =D

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Because it doesn't affect us, we shouldn't care?

How many flight 370 threads have you started? It doesn't affect you, so why care?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

According to many ATS'ers the US is dead because of the Russian actions.

Put a fork in "us" were done.(sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
From the link.

It's clear that the Russian incursion into Ukraine has already come at a significant cost. If the conflict escalates and financial sanctions take a more serious, damaging form, market volatility is likely to worsen, and forecasts could be revised even lower.

I'm going to post a link to another thread showing new sanctions againstsome Russian banks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought that was interesting.
edit on 23-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think the banksters are going to try everything to put pressure on Putin inorder to minimise the EU market damage and force a let up on the Ukraine. Possibly trade offs on their debt or natural gas prices.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

That link doesn't work for me, but regardless this is a very poor attempt to slander Russia.

WHO HAS UN-PAYABLE DEBT

US and EU or Russian Federation

Who has MORE Enormous untapped resources .....US and EU......or Russian Federation

Who has growth in standard of living for the past 10 years. US and EU..........or Russian Federation

WHO APPROVES OF THEIR GOVERNMENT 65 % BECAUSE THEIR LIVES ARE BETTER.

Population of US and EU ?? Or people of Russian Federation.

WHO IS ABOUT TO COLLAPSE ECONOMICALLY, JUST A MATTER OF TIME

US and EU, or Russian Federation.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ZincMag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
These numbers are a bit dated. A little... Our numbers are a couple trillion worse..and I understand Russia has taken a bit of debt back themselves. Another couple hundred billion ..but look where they start. They have almost no debt, and we have debt we literally couldn't pay off in 100 years of moderate surplus every year.

I'll take their "bad" numbers over our "good" numbers any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Actually, I'll just take some Americans in charge of business and economic figures that have something more than a newspaper level understanding of how business and economics work. That talent seems in extremely short supply within Washington, just now, and we're fresh out of time with margins for error.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think Russia's pretty well off personally!
The amount of Gas they export is incredible...
The reserves they have, the land.. bulk transport - cheap and easy over pipelines...

I'm betting the companies that actually are public on the market are carefully run mobster fronts by the KGB that make billions for the Russian families.

Now, if Russia turned around and said F'you stick your debt.. who's going to make them pay it? Europe cannot survive without Russian gas, at the moment.. no ones going to force Russia!

If the west severely sanctions Russia & its leaders.. eastern Europe suffers! They'll eventually be forced to join Russia just to get a consistent supply of gas...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
That's where the Cyprus gas field as well as the Israeli gas finds and the pipeline through Syria come into play........
Why else cut the Ukraine up?
STop the Russian gas going west!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nothing to do with Russia, but how on earth does japan and the USA manage to borrow more than 100% GDP?

I don't know about anyone else, but it sure looks to me like capitalism is a failed dream and that globalism really is as bad for western economies as we all say it is. Why aren't the politicians listening to us on the street?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Capitalism isn't the problem. In the truest sense, Communism wasn't their problem, either. The problem is one the Soviet Union and the United States shared then and for just these brief moments in history, unfortunately (for my side) we don't share as much right now. That's pure, simple corruption.

Corruption within the Communist System is what destroyed Russia and flattened them with debt they could no longer sustain, for one of the largest single factors in their final collapse. Corruption within our system has now brought us almost full circle to face the same situation, with the reverse outcome. The systems couldn't possibly be more different when not trying to meddle with each other's way of life ...but we'll have both fallen in the span of 30 years for precisely the same internal rot.

Putin isn't a man beyond corruption, but nationalism and Russian Pride square in at the same or near same level. You can see it in his actions and his eyes, for that matter. He's a Believer...and we have a pretender. The worst time.

....but I can't say Economic or Political ideology ultimately changed how things wound up, for either side.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well…. you don't really need Russia or China to mess up your economy, you are doing fine by yourself.

I have no faith in the dollar, I wouldn't want to own dollars.

Your FED keeps printing and your government keeps raising the debt ceiling. A short question, try to apply this to your personal economy. If you owed as much money as your earned…. would it be a good idea for your bank and you to raise the limit of how much you could borrow? And continously do so each time you run out of money…?

Additional question…. if the above is true, and you applied it to me as stranger; would you lend me money? Would you trust that you got your money back at all at any point in time?

The economy of the US is already #ed, the problem is, noone who has any "power" knows how to fix it, because they can't. It's a game your country lost when you agreed to let your money distribution not be runned by a stately company.

So what is going to happen, regardless of what Russia and China is doing, is that you will keep digging that hole and at some point a wave will come crashing in with you in it.

There is only one solution and it can only be obtained through violent revolution; destroy the people who are at the top running things. After they are gone, DEFAULT every single note of debt in the world to ZERO.

Then you make it illegal to make money off money.

The last hundred years should have shown us that there is no such things as eternal growth, especially when 99% of the money ends up in the hands of a few people rather than in the hands of people who are willing to spend it on anything.

Answer this: Who generates the most growth?

A. A rich guy who buys 5-10 cars, a boat, another house.

or

B. 10-20 guys who are able to get a job because the rich guys money is turned into an investment rather than luxury goods, and therefore the 10-20 guys are able to spend more, consume more, create more...
edit on 23/3/14 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by markosity1973

Capitalism isn't the problem. In the truest sense, Communism wasn't their problem, either. The problem is one the Soviet Union and the United States shared then and for just these brief moments in history, unfortunately (for my side) we don't share as much right now. That's pure, simple corruption.

Corruption within the Communist System is what destroyed Russia and flattened them with debt they could no longer sustain, for one of the largest single factors in their final collapse. Corruption within our system has now brought us almost full circle to face the same situation, with the reverse outcome. The systems couldn't possibly be more different when not trying to meddle with each other's way of life ...but we'll have both fallen in the span of 30 years for precisely the same internal rot.

Putin isn't a man beyond corruption, but nationalism and Russian Pride square in at the same or near same level. You can see it in his actions and his eyes, for that matter. He's a Believer...and we have a pretender. The worst time.

....but I can't say Economic or Political ideology ultimately changed how things wound up, for either side.

Well said…. I read your other thread as well. It's nice to see someone not buying into the propaganda on either side, but understands that we as people are being played.

"believer" and "pretender" are actually very good descriptions of both of them...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I think why the western masses buy the propaganda so easily is because to look at the truth of the matter is fatal to them .Pride is helping them maintain a sense of worth ,and to hang their head in shame will only happen when the house of cards crashes .The ptb know the only way out of this for them is to have a war and steel other peoples wealth ....peace

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All the more reason for them to go to war!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Gave you a star Wrabbit,give us the facts instead of the media propaganda. The US would love for us to think that Russia is about to collapse when anything is further from the truth. I'm pretty sure that Putin has lined up his allies to make sure he has an ace up his sleeve when things start falling apart.He has been threatening to get rid of the dollar in trading for a while now.Looks like he may be able to bring that to fruitation if things keep up.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Russia is pretty self sufficient what being the largest country on the planet with some of the largest natural resources known to man. Lets see, largest known reserves of oil, second largest known coal reserves, largest known diamond reserves, thats right, diamonds, apparently, diamonds are worth a lot of money?!?!. And there timber reserves?, LOL Russia has a forest larger than the United States.

I have a feeling Russia is going to do ok lol.

Oh and there main importer is China, haha.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

ZincMag
reply to post by liejunkie01

That link doesn't work for me, but regardless this is a very poor attempt to slander Russia.

WHO HAS UN-PAYABLE DEBT

US and EU or Russian Federation

Who has MORE Enormous untapped resources .....US and EU......or Russian Federation

Who has growth in standard of living for the past 10 years. US and EU..........or Russian Federation

WHO APPROVES OF THEIR GOVERNMENT 65 % BECAUSE THEIR LIVES ARE BETTER.

Population of US and EU ?? Or people of Russian Federation.

WHO IS ABOUT TO COLLAPSE ECONOMICALLY, JUST A MATTER OF TIME

US and EU, or Russian Federation.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ZincMag because: (no reason given)

With all due respect I don't believe this is slander.

I just spent a while trying to find an article stating Russia was/will be doing well economically.

I gave up.

While it may be western propaganda, they still need to be able to extract and refine those resources.

I was merely trying to show that economic projections are not that great for Russia.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Bellor
Russia is pretty self sufficient what being the largest country on the planet with some of the largest natural resources known to man. Lets see, largest known reserves of oil, second largest known coal reserves, largest known diamond reserves, thats right, diamonds, apparently, diamonds are worth a lot of money?!?!. And there timber reserves?, LOL Russia has a forest larger than the United States.

I have a feeling Russia is going to do ok lol.

Oh and there main importer is China, haha.

Russia's raw materials, sold to China nice and cheap. China exports to the rest of the world, and continues to reap megabucks because it doesn't need to back trade for raw materials. China and Russias standard of living increases and the political fabric becomes more stable,as the rest of the worlds declines. Which in my view leaves the West looking more like the mega rich doing the deals to protect there wealth and screwing their own people which is happening under globalisation thus causing political instability in the west. If a twenty five per cent unemployment rate is currently operating in EU. Greece and Spain, then considering in the old Soviet Union every one was guaranteed free health education, accommodation and a job. (It certainly wasn't glamorous), I would suggest the working class in the west will go for the best deal available when the SHTF. As it will do if things continue to decline. So you have the strange scenario of unfettered capitalism causing Communism by default. Which is exactly what Karl Marx said "Capitalism has in it, the seeds of its own destruction".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join