It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome has been remembered for its gladiator's, will America be remembered for its boxers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

The question is not ludicrous.

Its a creative and interesting question for those who can think outside of the established far left brained ideology.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by alldaylong

The question is not ludicrous.

Its a creative and interesting question for those who can think outside of the established far left brained ideology.

So how many boxers do you know that have fought against animals?

As i said, the question is ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
football
second

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yes, I fight in the heavyweight class. You're a flyweight, I take it?

edit on 23/3/14 by Astyanax because: one shouldn't make assumptions.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No im a heavyweight lol.

I was commenting about your stern mentality.

However if you want to take it in that direction....
edit on 3/23/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Rome has been remembered for its gladiator's, will America be remembered for its boxers?

America will be remembered for her HOCKEY PLAYERS.

Well .. I wish I could say that, but truth is that a lot of them are from Canada and other places too.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh, well, if it comes to that, America will probably be remembered for baseball. After all, Americans invented it (though the English girls' game, rounders, is a sort of ancestor).

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Americans invented basketball too. The basketball hall of fame is in Springfield Mass.
But I think, out of all the sport commonly played in the USA, probably the baseball players are the most popular. You are right.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What?!? Baseball has the most popular players in the us? You must not be from here lol! No offence ment. Footballs ratings have only climbed while baseball and basketball have been dropping for years!!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Unrealised

Why did you say "As a species"? Was it too hard for you to say "we", you had to be pretentious? Second, what is your evidence for the statement "As a species, we're too far down the track to remember people who throw their fists around like three-year-old boys fighting over a toy car."? There is none, because the memory recorded in historical records frequently records such people. Further, why are you only using one example of what we'd remember and making a nonsensical generalization that because we wouldn't remember such people that therefore we'd not remember any violent people in America's past which we do now, nor in the far future? And do you even understand what you are saying when you say "remember", because it's nonsensical. It's common sense you cannot remember something you never saw till you see it somehow, so why are you using that word? It's nonsensical. Perhaps you have narcissistic personality disorder and are trying to sound wise as a result in your infantile personality type and failing as narcissists so often do, because they are too lazy to care to do the hard work to make sense and actually be wise.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join