It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Out Break Confirmed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

You're right; that doesn't look like Ebola. Other articles have the correct pic so I'm guessing BBC made a mistake.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Foo_Lovers
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 25-3-2014 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

I wonder if they will be monitoring the other passengers on that plane. news.sky.com...
edit on 25-3-2014 by Foo_Lovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Foo_Lovers

I was just reading this. I believe it said hemorrhagic fever.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

texasgirl

You're right; that doesn't look like Ebola. Other articles have the correct pic so I'm guessing BBC made a mistake.

They need to give me back some of my licence fee

It's good to know I was on the right track though, thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Good to know. The book I read on Marburg suggested it was airborne. It was written several years ago, however.

Whatever that man has I just hope it's contained.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

After looking up a slew of images of the Ebola virus it turns out that BBC pic is correct, after all...It is in the family of Ebola viruses.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I found this to be interesting. Hopefully it is "just" malaria...but if it isn't perhaps it is related to what people on here think is coming out of Africa - not Ebola? At the end of the day, this man is still in critical condition.

Sick Man In Canada Tests Negative for Ebola

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

I just read about this on skynews!

I'm just glad they found this person at the Airport and Isolated him/her because if this gets out into a populated City, well, we can most likely say 'goodbye'.

What amazes me is that the Authorities allow people to travel back and forth to infected areas of the World! This is a major concern for me. If I was in charge of my Country, this is one thing i'd have a rule about... and they would definately have to wait at the other end while tests are done, before flying back in any case.

Now we all have to hope that any Illegals who travel by boat across the waters, don't carry anything like this disease.

This disease needs to be contained in the areas where it is. I'm sorry but if that means exterminating the disease by killing off those who are in or around an infected area, then so be it.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sparkymedic
I found this to be interesting. Hopefully it is "just" malaria...but if it isn't perhaps it is related to what people on here think is coming out of Africa - not Ebola? At the end of the day, this man is still in critical condition.

Sick Man In Canada Tests Negative for Ebola

Good but I still stand by what I said in my post above.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Also pet owners, it can transmit thru pets as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by homeschoolmom

I just read the link above my post, it turns out it was'nt Ebola.

My god, these Media outlets love to scare people.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You're all breathing a sigh of relief but don't you find this a bit frightening. Ebola type disease but is able to spread around several African countries and make its way to Canada. Not good!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Rezlooper
You're all breathing a sigh of relief but don't you find this a bit frightening.

Honestly I would relax.

Ebola and Marburg ect Wont be causing any world wide pandemics. It honestly wont get very far in developed nations. It has reached EU and American shores before due to infected tourists and lab accidents and its stopped dead. Quite frankly by the time the patient is highly infects he or she already so ill there in hospital and quarantined along with close relatives.

Organizations like WHO and CDC will have it in hand.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Bishbop09
I couldnt see this on the site just yet.

I thought you all might like to read this, hopefully things get under control sharpish!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

This can be spread from person to person on contact with even the slightest bit of sweat or any bodily fluid. If it ever broke out in a major city or heavily populated area it would make "the walking dead" look like kindergarten.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by crazyewok

He's only ever worked in Cat. BL 2, but he's worked directly with rabies (part of that job involved a hacksaw and heads that may or may not be infected but someone had to crack those braincases to get at the tissue ... lovely college job), several clostridials that were more nasty to cattle but would still mess up your day, tetanus, he's worked indirectly with encephalitis and West Nile and almost had to receive an experimental vaccine for that, and he's working with one of the avian flu strains (can't say which one, NDA).

He deals primarily with quality control and bioinformatics these days.

Sounds like similar work to me then. Though my place dealt with diagnostic kits. I dealt with mainly common food poising pathogens like E coli 0157, Shigella , salmonella with some work on Typhoid , MRSA (had a nastly lab accident with that) Legionella and I did a bit of work on Yersinia pestis, Cholrea, and oddly anthrax (only allowed to assist on that one). Went on after that to work on HIV and the Hep viruses. Its a cool job.

Gone on to other things since but miss my lab rat days.
edit on 25-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Fromabove

This can be spread from person to person on contact with even the slightest bit of sweat or any bodily fluid. If it ever broke out in a major city or heavily populated area it would make "the walking dead" look like kindergarten.

No it wouldn't.

Just no.

Stop with the sensationalist BS please!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Another update guys!

The ban of bats will save us!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

The problem with the BBC story, is that bats are suspected, but not confirmed that they are the host reservoir of the disease.

If the experts could find out which animal is the reservoir for this virus, then they could theoretically come up with a cure or prevention for it. But it can not so far, and such has alluded them for all of this time. What they do know is that such is quite lethal to primates, and this virus tends to jump species, with very lethal results.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Got an update on the virus in Guinea and its not good reading. Its spreading at an alarming rate!

Guinea Facing 'Unprecedented Ebola Epidemic'

MSF coordinator Mariano Lugli said: "We are facing an epidemic of a magnitude never before seen in terms of the distribution of cases in the country."

Mr Lugli said previous outbreaks handled by MSF were "much more geographically contained and involved more remote locations."

Guinea's health ministry has reported 122 suspected cases, with at least 78 deaths linked to the virus. Of those there are 22 laboratory confirmed cases.

Liberia also confirmed its first cases overnight on Sunday.

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestioningDude

Russian scientists have already tinkered with ebola. They allegedly created Ebola pox using ebola and smallpox. Also Veepox using Venezuelan equine encephalitis and smallpox.

read

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join