It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying The Climate Change Debate/Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well since it is 3/22 and the Skull and Bones spooky number is 322 I would like to share on this day how I destroy the cherished climate change debate, grab a popcorn and take a gander.
We are revolving around in a non-linear planetary system at god knows what speed through deep space and it would be [snip] stupid to assume that the earth's climate will behave like clockwork.
Now with that said let's tax everyone on the air they exhale in defiance of all that is holy...Yay Carbon Tax! Invest in carbon dioxide rebreathers!
Can you comprehend, let alone attempt to control a non-linear system such as our weather? Through taxes no less. I mean [snip] take a lump sum, say the whole [snip] worlds money and attempt to control a non-linear system. I'll wager a nice $1 call option on those odds of success...continued success btw and I will enslave the whole [snip] world with a stroke of a pen.
Happy 322!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

"continued success btw and I will enslave the whole [snip] world with a stroke of a pen "

Thats the Whole Point . It's Not about Saving the Planet with these " Green Maniacs " , but Controling the World through Deception with a Tax on Carbon Emmisions . Question , How will a TAX Reduce Carbon Emmisions ? Answer , It will Not , but it Will make some Sum Of a Bee Otch Real Rich , Right ?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Right, its impossible to fix the weather even if we got a low interest loan from aliens! Sooo why we think we can do it with less money every year on April 15th is quite asinine

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

We are revolving around in a non-linear planetary system at god knows what speed through deep space and it would be [snip] stupid to assume that the earth's climate will behave like clockwork.

Yep.Things aren't always as we have been led to believe.

I'm more concerned about what people are doing to each other down here, than how we should fear some far off climatic event horizon.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Doctors should Announce the Outbreak of a New Deadly Desease , Taxitis . Seems Every A Hole holding a Public Office is Infected with it Nowadays..........

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
With all the money of the put option wager I would lay every gold bar out in a field in Africa and have thousands of elephants take massive [snip] on them untill elephants go extinct. This is because elephants never forget.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

“We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this #. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a # about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

George Carlin

Spiro

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

"continued success btw and I will enslave the whole [snip] world with a stroke of a pen "

Thats the Whole Point . It's Not about Saving the Planet with these " Green Maniacs " , but Controling the World through Deception with a Tax on Carbon Emmisions . Question , How will a TAX Reduce Carbon Emmisions ? Answer , It will Not , but it Will make some Sum Of a Bee Otch Real Rich , Right ?

You guys are blind...but one day shall see!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lets tax volcanoes, I think they are the biggest debbie downers for climate "In addition to ash, the eruptive cloud consisted primarily of vast quantities of sulfur dioxide (SO2), hydrogen chloride (HCl), and hydrogen fluoride gases (HF). The gases combined with water in the atmosphere to produce acid rain, destroying crops and killing livestock. " Volcanoes

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Lets tax people who light campfires, they seem to be the only culprit to starting wildfires, not the lightning strikes and accumulating underbrush Bad Human, no campfires
Oh and lets not forget the main driving force for any climate..the [snip] sun yeah? Tax Dat [Snip]!
We can't even control the [snip] budget and you think we can control a non-linear system like our weather?
edit on 23-3-2014 by Emeraldous because: bad language

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't care for the carbon tax nor do I think it will make any difference in things however the tax does not effect the science nor does your OP destroy as you claimed climate change debate.

Once you can separate those two issues then I think you may be able to have an intelligent conversation on the matter but not before. No matter how [snippy] you get.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: Snipity Snip Snip

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Grimpachi

I don't care for the carbon tax nor do I think it will make any difference in things however the tax does not effect the science nor does your OP destroy as you claimed climate change debate.

Once you can separate those two issues then I think you may be able to have an intelligent conversation on the matter but not before. No matter how [snippy] you get.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: Snipity Snip Snip

Not arguing the science, the debate INCLUDES the Carbon Tax so I am destroying the debate. Debates have financial results, like spending science grant dollars on fixing something that is non-linear where you could spend that cash on something a bit more useful.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So you do not think the climate and what drives it is important enough to study even though it effects everything on this world.

Well I will just disagree on that one with you as I think it is one of the more worthy subjects to study. Better models have lead to more predictability which is a good thing.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: [snip]

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Everything is worth a study and science does that but the point is we are attempting to control a non-linear system. Basically impossible but hey theres money in it so toil away.

ETA: Looks like they are giving up already but still maintain the need to build the impossible. "A climate-controlled city" What ever that means.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-4-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The idea of reducing carbon emission is not a matter of controlling climate. It is a matter of reducing impact.

I'm in agreement that carbon taxation can have little or no effect on climate. However not in agreement that reducing carbon emissions cannot slow the rate of climate change. Frankly, for the near term, for us it's too late, but we are not likely to see the worst of it. It's the legacy for our children and theirs that's more ominous. And that can be mitigated by our actions.

edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Phage

The idea of reducing carbon emission is not a matter of controlling climate. It is a matter of reducing impact.

I'm in agreement that carbon taxation can have little or no effect on climate. However not in agreement that reducing carbon emissions cannot slow the rate of climate change. Frankly, for the near term, for us it's too late, but we are not likely to see the worst of it. It's the legacy for our children and theirs that's more ominous. And that can be mitigated by our actions.

edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yes we can do that, reduce carbon emissions and sure it will have an impact. I don't have the 4th dimensional brain to tell you if you are wasting money and painting rust or of you are really just patting yourself on the back thinking that you accomplished something. I just don't know, what I do know is after the man hours and materials have been spent, they are gone. Just make sure you tell those men and women that they are throwing their professional lives away on something that will impact but not do a damn thing. Non-linear systems.
ETA: IDK isn't hunger a linear system? Why don't we truly solve the oldest problem in the book of history and make it a human heritage. You are born, you die but you eat, for free. Let's get to work on that one first, baby steps.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Just make sure you tell those men and women that they are throwing their professional lives away on something that will impact but not do a damn thing.

Just make sure you tell those men and women that they may be throwing their professional lives away on something that will impact but may not do a damn thing.

Fixed it for you.
But it wouldn't be the first time that has happened and considering the consequences if they aren't...I think it's worth it.

edit on 4/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Phage

Just make sure you tell those men and women that they are throwing their professional lives away on something that will impact but not do a damn thing.

Just make sure you tell those men and women that they may be throwing their professional lives away on something that will impact but may not do a damn thing.

Fixed it for you.
But it wouldn't be the first time that has happened and considering the consequences if they aren't...I think it's worth it.

Here fix this for me. "ETA: IDK isn't hunger a linear system? Why don't we truly solve the oldest problem in the book of history and make it a human heritage. You are born, you die but you eat, for free. Let's get to work on that one first, baby steps. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Sorry didn't see that edit.

Eat for free?
Nice idea. Good luck with it.
TANSTFL

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Phage

Sorry didn't see that edit.

Eat for free?
Nice idea. Good luck with it.
TANSTFL

Thanks, I think its attainable.
2nd

top topics

join