It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we taking from life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
First of all, if this is in the wrong section. Please forgive me!

I was pondering today... as i do most days. But this time i was made aware of the day to day processes of my life and how meaningless so many aspects, actions, worries are. That's why i ask 'What are we taking from life?'

It's sad how much time we (or at least i) worry about things like money and career prospects. As a recent graduate i'm stuck in the common "where now stage" But when i think about it... why should i worry?

I'm a true believer in fate, so as long as we are trying, i think what will be... will be. So when i'm sat worrying... what am i taking from life? Our time on this planet is extremely challenging... but so many aspects that make it challenging are created by humans. We've been made to worry so much about money to feed ourselves and our families that i feel it's done a great deal to disengage people from what we really should take from life.

As i mentioned, our time is challenging. But it's also so much has so much potential. Think of all the things we could be learning and taking from life if we weren't bogged down by the man-made day to day processes and worries that make our lives.

It's sad that society has become this. Isn't our life too valuable to worry about things out of our control? I know for those who have families etc to look after, it isn't so simple. But the question i'm asking, is why has it become so hard? So hard that we get trapped in our little bubble of worries and stress that we forget about so many aspects of life. How has it got so bad?

We keep trying to succeed in today's word.. However difficult it may be... But can we try "live" in between?

I'll try my best....

- I'm out. Sorry if this is a ramble. Brain dump!

edit on 22-3-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

But this time i was made aware of the day to day processes of my life and how meaningless so many aspects, actions, worries are.

Thats the not you. So many of us embellish the indoctrination we received as youngsters… we must be ambitious, we must succeed, we must have lots of money and stuff.

The more the merrier.

For who, really?

I'm going to see where this goes…

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Agreed, i think!

This life has become so disconnected from what i feel it should be. This isn't to put everyone in the same boat. I know there are many, especially on here, that are a lot more connected with reality than others.

But the money, the career... who is it for? What does it really bring for us?

I truly believe this world and "life" has a purpose beyond our understanding. Therefore, our purpose can not be to be the richest we can be, or to be the best. We made these assumptions and goals, so, in the long run, it's all so materialistic and meaningless.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

We made these assumptions and goals, so, in the long run, it's all so materialistic and meaningless.

That means you have woken up, and thats a good thing!

Carry on…

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't know that Im taking or planning to take anything from this world. Im trying everyday to GIVE something to it, and not take anything at all.

Hopefully, in my short time here...I can make some kind of difference that helps someone somewhere. That's why I volunteer. Still, Im just a single grain of sand in a world of beaches......(metaphorically speaking).

PS And in "taking" from life? I hope it gives me death eventually. Who wants to live forever????
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Nobody.... living forever is far scarier!

And taking from life isn't to be seen as a selfish act. I think we've been given some time to experience this world. And i agree, it's all about giving something back too. But i think it would be far more selfish of us to take our time for granted. Think of everything we can take and learn from our time here.

Sure, some people see death as 'that's all folks!' but personally i don't. So whilst we live on this planet, in this lifetime. I think we should soak in as much of the good as possible.

Like i said... i think the majority of the world has become bogged down by the day-to-day life that we've created for ourselves. It's sad that life has become to feel like a daily chore.
edit on 23-3-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I might be able to help.

Money, career, success, achievement, power... these of course are things to strive after, but keep in mind that these are all pursuits of our world, just like the want for material possessions. many people live their entire life, playing this game.

and while the game is fun, challenging, dramatic, exciting, ect. there is much more to life than the physical. we all need to find some kind of balance.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I dont think anything we get while here can be taken to the other side except positive and negative karma. That I believe changes, adds to or takes aways from our next reincarnated form.

new topics

top topics

join