It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golfer knocks woman out cold, then plays through!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This should be required once every 18 holes...

YouTube Link

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Awww man you beat me to it. That has always been my favorite scene of that movie. One for its humor and two for its truth. Golf courses could be put to so much better use that would benefit far more people. Not to mention the amount of fresh water they guzzle up. A complete and total waste of resources in a modern setting is defined by two words. "Golf Course".

About the guy who played through I don't have much to say. From what I read the woman had a family member with her when she was hit. As others have pointed out I don't believe there was any legal reason that would have forced the golfer to remain and/or seek assistance. Morally & ethically he should have but we are not ruled by those. The legal system is what rules us.

Therefore I can't think less of the man. Why? Because I often witness others say we should follow our morals, others say we should follow the law, others still saying we should follow our desires. Collectively we cannot even agree as to what standards we should be ruled by. With that in mind it would be hypocritical of me to judge the golfer for his actions.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I just watched it another 5 times
Nearly everything that d-fens says in that movie is what so many people wished they could say

The golf scene happened to me( not the shooting or heart attack part) many times when i was younger,walking from school or to a friends house.Straight across the golf course saved a kilometer of walking ,but no we were not allowed to walk on their precious grass .This only made us faster,stronger

I

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I actually felt it. Really!

My IQ dropped 1 full point while watching that. lol.....

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
One common misconception is that golfers have class and money, WRONG! I work in the bank/foreclosure field and when someone gets kicked out because they couldn't pay the mortgage, Im the guy that inspects the place and secures it. One thing I have noticed more than anything in foreclosed houses is there are golf clubs, tees, stupid golf clothes, ankle socks and usually a big messy house about 80 % of the time. There are many golf courses here and maybe that's why, but still, all golfers aren't rich or clean people. From my experience they are kind of stupid and cant control themselves emotionally, that's why they play such a sport that lacks sportsmanship as well as physical requirements. All you need is some money for clothes, clubs and a membership or day pass and you are seen as "rich" by hundreds of ignorant people. The term "rich golfer" makes me LMAO.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

lotusfoot
One common misconception is that golfers have class and money, WRONG! I work in the bank/foreclosure field and when someone gets kicked out because they couldn't pay the mortgage, Im the guy that inspects the place and secures it. One thing I have noticed more than anything in foreclosed houses is there are golf clubs, tees, stupid golf clothes, ankle socks and usually a big messy house about 80 % of the time. There are many golf courses here and maybe that's why, but still, all golfers aren't rich or clean people. From my experience they are kind of stupid and cant control themselves emotionally, that's why they play such a sport that lacks sportsmanship as well as physical requirements. All you need is some money for clothes, clubs and a membership or day pass and you are seen as "rich" by hundreds of ignorant people. The term "rich golfer" makes me LMAO.

Laughs at ignorant people, while making ignorant comments about a game lacking sportsmanship and lacking physical requirements.

If your comment was true, why are there rules in place, which if not followed, will see the player disqualified? This even comes down to unintentionally signing a score card in the wrong spot.
And if physical requirements aren't necessary to play 72 holes of competition, why do the majority of the Pro's go to the gym at least 2 or 3 times a week when they aren't playing??? For fun?

Fail troll is fail. Hahaha. But thanks for the laugh though

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Goal is a cool game.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY why they put the womens tee's infront of the men's tee. LOL I swear.

I almost tee'd off one time with a lady standing right infront of me!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think there are very much more important things than golf. Like tending to world affairs, a crumbling economy, things of that nature.

Unfortunately it sounds like a reflection of our President in that court case...

People have gone insane Wrabbit. I know this case shocks you, and it should. I wonder if the Judge is an avid golfer...

Des

Seriously?? Some people will take any opportunity to blame the current political head.....this is about a jerk golfer...that is all. Wow.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I would love to see a picture of this guy.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

jrflipjr
First, I find it difficult to understand how a golf ball became covered in blood from knocking out a person. Given the nature of this accident, it seems the ball would have had to entered her skull cavity in order to acquire the blood. It's safe to assume the ball likely hit the victim, then bounced off her head. Her head then began to bleed. Of course, she may have fallen next to the ball covering it with blood.

A simple cut to the head will bleed profusely. It wouldn't be improbable to assume that she had suffered a direct his, causing a large bruise to form and start bleeding.

We had problems with people in the field opposite our house using it as a practise golf course. One afternoon we started having golf balls hit our windows and land in our front garden. At the far end of an public accessible field we could see a couple of fellows just swinging clubs. Must have been a good 100 meters away, and we have no idea as to whether they were just hitting balls for the fun of it, or were actually trying to hit homes.

goo.gl...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If the ladies house is on a golf course, in a golf community. Then she purchased the right to get hit in the head with a golf ball. I was working at a home in a golf course community about 4 years ago. As I was standing out at the garage one morning getting my saws and such set up. I watched a golfer walk over to the edge of the fair way which abbuted the yard of the house I was at and just pull out his smecker and starts to pee. I waited till I thought he was at FULL FLOW then screamed at the top of my lungs......he peed all over himself, then wanted to shout abscene things at me and call me out for a fight.

To which I replied, bring it on down piss boy, as he came thru the bush and started down the hill, his attentioned turned to the Glock on my right hip and was more than polite and wanted to apologise. I said no I'm sorry needed. Go home and apologise to your wife as in I saw your weenie and she needs the I'm sorry more than me. Then I reported him to the home owners office.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Yes, that is true. I was actually gonna add the bleeding part to my post, but I figured it would get lost in the crowd.

As for the the folks aiming at your place, I can tell you - as an avid golfer - yup, they were probably aiming at you, particularly if your were just outside their driving distance!

There are two things most golfers want in life: 1. outdrive everyone 2. score the lowest

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Really? You have a problem with peeing on the golf course? A little over reaction I would say. It was funny you made him pee on himself, but really it isn't such a big deal that someone was peeing on the golf course.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Where the great ATS spirit of objectivity here. For an article with very little substance we sure have come to a specific conclusion.

Here is the 1st hole at Grey Rock. Notice how close the houses are to the fairway.
Notice the very large house with the pool and patio in the backyard, at the top.

3 points

1. Whose to blame? The golfer who plays a game that produces arrant shots, or the home owner who bought and signed the deed to this house with full disclosure of the risks of living in close proximity to the golf course. And believed it was safe for children to play outside where small projectiles were being launched nearby.

2. The article is framed from the plaintiffs view and of course will paint the golfer as a villain, to focus your eyes on the golf course and not the developer, who built and sold these homes to intelligent humans who can read and make sound decisions. At most developments like these there will be battles between home owners and golf courses, simply because in the heat if the moment they bought the house not realizing the full impact the golf course would have. So they resent the golf course, its golfers and so on.

3. The article evoked the response it was hoping for, Heartless blood thirsty golfers everywhere. Bad golf course bad bad. Is this really what you think happened? I hardly think its a fair or accurate representation of the situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Pardon me, but when you pull your willy out for all in the house next to the course to see...I got a damn problem with that. He was about 30 feet from the house. Now if that would have been the woman home owner, then pissy pants would have had a much greater problem than piss on his golf pants. Maybe an obscenity charge or arrested thrown in jail and labeled a sex offender. All feaking golf course's have toilets. Mr.Pee pants was lucky, I could have got the paint ball gun out the truck and lit his driver up for him.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not much love for golfers here.

Living on a course you accept some responsibility. (if your house was built after the course) Golf balls will sometimes hit windows, heads, cars, other things. It's the homeowners responsibility to deal with any and all damage. (I am speaking for NC as I live on a course and that is the law in the homeowners agreement.)

As a golfer, it's considered polite to assess any damage caused by your ball, and offer an apology, and it's nice to offer to pay for any damages. (not expected, or mandated)

It comes down to character and personal responsibility. In a game where you can write down whatever score you want, you have to have some integrity. If you don't, then you might end up acting like a giant douche.

A good practice is to ask at the clubhouse about responsibilities of poor shots. I have been told not to enter yards to go after balls that were out of bounds and just ask for replacement balls in the pro shop.

Not all golfers are bad people, just as not all people are bad golfers. Some just suck.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I hope you get an applause for that post. Well thought out, presented, and explained.
Plus you added a picture. Everyone likes pictures.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I appreciate your post and analysis. That comes out well and make some sense. I love the picture too. That does help and my source site for this one never runs pics that relate, so my stories here rarely have them.

On the Golfer...I think he's guilty of being a 1st class jerk and cold blooded little ball troll. I mean, how much does it take to wipe the blood of the person you just brained with your golf ball, off said ball like it's bird crap or something, and play on as if someone else caused the bleeding woman, possibly regaining consciousness by then.

I seriously doubt there actually is any legal and technical area to action with his lack of humanity or compassion so he can be dinged. Jerks will be jerks..but the trouble caused in defending up to the point of dismissal from the suit will certainly cause him to consider his response when he next plows a ball into the side of someone's head. (I'm not a golf fan..if I hadn't mentioned that. lol)

From what I read on this in making the story, in real terms? The course itself may have been free of technical liability too.......if not for that construction change making balls into this yard more likely (if that's how the court finds it). That seems to be the "what did they DO to cause this" moment which a verdict can base off. Right or wrong...I'm betting that's how we'd find it ending, if it's not to settlement.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor edit for consistency

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join