It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police video of killing an illegal camper.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Woah... That is sick...
Well then again, they were in such fear for their lives of course they are excited that they ended his life, he was about to take all four of them by jumping down the rock he was on into 4 men with rifles and an attack dog.
After he did a 360 of course, that is why he was turning around

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

Your description is a chilling depiction of hard hearted brutality, the kind of brutality that shows absolutely no mercy for it's intended victim, the intention is only to maim and kill. And these are the people who are supposed to be protecting the innocent, the defenceless?

I remember when I was a kid my friend, whose parents were wealthy, went on holidays to the States. Somewhere on their trip the family unknowingly acquired forged dollar bills. My friend was given some of these bills by his mother to buy some gifts for family back home. He was arrested in a shopping mall, cuffed by an obese police officer who told him that if he tried to run he'd shoot him. He was 12 years old. Needles to say he will never forget the terror he felt whilst waiting for his tearful parents to arrive, who by the way were also arrested. What kind of society accepts this? The same kind of society who thinks that shooting somebody 40 or 50 times for "refusing to obey orders" is acceptable? The same kind of society that allows it's police force to gun down mentally unstable people for "raising their hands in a threatening manner"? The same kind of society that condones it's police force to adopt a shoot to kill policy? Sick.

edit on 22-3-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by Domo1

There was no bean bag until after they shot the man.
And if there was a taser deployed it was deployed at the same time as the shots.
He turns, shots go off, he goes stiff and falls. Him going stiff may be a taser, but it seems more to match up with him getting shot
Then while he is on the ground mr bean bag comes it and hits him three times, then the dog gets sent on him... then they break his fingers coming up to him.

At least they told him to drop the knifes before they shot him three times with the bean bags and let the dog chew on him abit ! Since he was shot in the back I have to wonder if he was not totally paralyzed. I have seen the result of a 5.56 hitting a guy in the upper leg between the knee and the hip at approx 75 yards. The round took out just about two pounds of meat and broke both the upper leg bones just from the concussion. So at the range he was shot I would not be surprised if his spine was turned into powder and broken bits. Either way after the first bean bag shot with no reaction from him I would have bet he had no fight left in him..

The dog being released is just good training and fun for the dog. (sarcasm)
edit on 22-3-2014 by 727Sky because: e

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There are a number of problems with this video.

1) Its a low resolution version which intentionally whites out the important scene where you can see that during all his “arm flapping” that he had actually pulled out two knives.
2) The K-9 officer was a LOT closer then 20 feet away from him. The rule for police is the distance that a man can cross with a knife before an officer can draw his weapon and fire two shots is considered lethal range. I believe that distance is 20 feet.
3) This is the last few minutes of a three hour stand off during which the man was consistently threatening to kill the officers. When you make a threat, then you draw a weapon, you are going to get shot.
4) He had three hours to peacefully surrender to the police, instead he figured he was going to negotiate his way out of an arrest. The police at this point view this as an armed and insane person (he as making claims that he was a police officer, that he was the department of defense, etc.), and they were not going to allow him the choice of not being arrested.

Go find the better version of the video, its on several news sites.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Off topic, maybe not, if you don't mind me asking, but how did you see somebody get their leg shot like you say? Military action? Or do you just hang out with reckless gun toting maniacs(in which case you must be a cop)?

edit on 22-3-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
First off this is wrong but wait a minute...this is exactly what gun owners talk about doing all the time. They always say..if there is even a hint of danger to themselves they will take action. So why is it bad this time?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sorry, not front page news. I guess the hitmen get to have another go next time. (sarcasm) I am sad for the victim, and families.
This # has to stop.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by 727Sky

Off topic, maybe not, if you don't mind asking, but how did you see somebody get their leg shot like you say? Military action? Or do you just hang out with reckless gun toting maniacs(in which case you must be a cop)?

No it was a police after action report.. Pictures, autopsy, he was killed by another round.. Several years ago

Actually I used to shoot with a bunch of ICE, DEA, and local LEOs.. Have many friends who are retired LEOs and still golf with a few.

Even they say (the retired guys) they are not happy with the way things are nowadays...

When we were shooting pigs we experimented with different rounds so ballistics and wound channel was a normal discussion in the early days... One of the guys (who was mostly all talk and had never hunted) was speaking down on the lowly 5.56 at the range one day.... One of the other guys (LEO) went to his car and pulled out the pics and showed the damage.. Point made, end of discussion.

I used soft points in the 5/56 and I think they were 74 grain if I remember right? 7.62x39 I used the 154 grain soft point. Either round I would not want to be shot with.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My ass. I bet you can't produce a single picture of a gun with something that says "DOMO WAS WRONG" within 20 minutes. I have 9:10 and I gave you a few seconds.

I did that backwards, It's 9:15 and I'm giving you until 10 my time (45 minutes) to show me a picture of ANY GUN with Domo was wrong.
edit on 2220140320141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well then if you went and saw a better version you have seen how it is even worse when the blob isn't blocking the guy.
When there is the blob you can say things like he made a move at the cop/dog and that makes it ok, which is fair... when it is 1 v 1 any way, 4 v 1 is a different story...
But when you few the video with no edit, you see the man tense up and move around a bit as he gets flashed, we he gets composure he seems to turn the away from the LEO and then you hear gun shots and down he goes.
You hear BOOYAH! and then they move up.
Try to give verbal commands again, you see the guys foot slightly move.
THEN they bean bag him 3 times in the back, no movement.
Send the dog on him and let him chomp at his leg.
Then they move up on him and make sure that some one stomps his foot... hard as he lays there motionless

Yes there is a lot of problems in that video, the main one being the total disregard of escalation of force.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by 727Sky

My ass. I bet you can't produce a single picture of a gun with something that says "DOMO WAS WRONG" within 20 minutes. I have 9:10 and I gave you a few seconds.

First that is the second time you have replied to me instead of the person your attention should be directed/ Here I will highlight for you. Hope that helps

Sremmos80
reply to post by Domo1

There was no bean bag until after they shot the man.
And if there was a taser deployed it was deployed at the same time as the shots.
He turns, shots go off, he goes stiff and falls. Him going stiff may be a taser, but it seems more to match up with him getting shot
Then while he is on the ground mr bean bag comes it and hits him three times, then the dog gets sent on him... then they break his fingers coming up to him.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Don't you mean "this helps"?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Sugar if you say first, you have to have a second. 1 and THEN ABC but only if there was a 2.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Could not watch the video, where did this happen. The people need to elect district attorneys who won't stand for this kind of murder. This is just lousy training if the train at all. Ridiculous, you have a dog and stun guns lol.

Terrible....

The Bot

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

You know what...this is like being hit with snuff material.
Who recorded this?

It's gross. Like something you see in China after the radicals had been forced to dig their own grave before being shot.
An assassination.

You see cops grouped together, you see death.

From the second you see them, all systems are alerted in the flesh, like some virtual reality kink.

# 219

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

Helious
I would never submit to what I consider unreasonable commands. Then again, I'm not afraid of death. He who fires the first shot always loses, it's only a matter of time.

Good for you. I hope for your sake you never end up in a similar situation and end up like the guy in the video.

Quick question for all the cop haters:

If you were armed and someone came at you with a knife and you felt your life was in danger, would you consider yourself justified in shooting your assailant in self defense?

Poor retionalization of this scenario.... The assailants were the cops and he was standing ground.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Domo1

lovebeck
reply to post by 727Sky

No problem. I'm curious to find out who released the video. You'd think they'd try and keep that under wraps. Well, at least until they got their stories straight.

The police department released the video.

You AUTHORED this thread. How do you not know that?

I'm leaving my dumbass response. I get all reply jumbled but I'm not going to edit just because I make an ass of myself. I only edit to make MORE of an ass of myself or for clarification/egregious spalling mystics.

Umm, no, I didn't "author" this thread. And, no, I didn't know who released the video since it appears it was (I believe) on Liveleak. Makes the APD look even more inept since they originally said there was only one shot fired. It's pretty obvious there was more than one shot taken at the guy. Well, obvious to anyone who watched the video where you can clearly hear the shotS.

Maybe you've got me confused with someone else? Idk, but, again, I merely responded to the OP and added a couple of links to the local news articles/sites in the area.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

TheWhiteKnight
reply to post by 727Sky

You know what...this is like being hit with snuff material.
Who recorded this?

It's gross. Like something you see in China after the radicals had been forced to dig their own grave before being shot.
An assassination.

You see cops grouped together, you see death.

From the second you see them, all systems are alerted in the flesh, like some virtual reality kink.

# 219

I agree, 100%!

It is gross and violent and totally unnecessary. The way they approached him after he was shot was equally disturbing, to me anyway. Seemed very "military" like, IMO.

I'm afraid these types of situations are going to occur with more frequency and become the norm. It worries me that eventually people will become desensitized to this type of violence and lose interest when these events do occur. Very frightening and sad that this is happening in the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave USA.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

I kinda got that. That's why I made a thing out of calling myself a dumbass...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
unless you are a ceo of a financial firm, cone head or a politician,
this could have been you, homeless or not.
powers that rule
Vs. the common folk

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join