It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory-Crypto Animals existance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Chupacabra, aka goat sucker. My theory is an evolved form of Oppossum family. The Oppussum is the oldest Mammal in North America, which means it has gone I believe at least 10-40 million years. Evolution says that after awhile it would change to become better at survival. Of course, maybe what it evolved to wasn't better at surviving explaining why so few seen. Of course, Oppussum had to see, unless dead on the road.

Anyways, as said, my theory is evolved Oppussum or other old species that evolved but failed, so original stuck around and new one died.

Bigfoot. Ancient human? New Great Ape? Indians told tales of them, so not made up by the white man. My theory is either old form of human, or more likely newer(or older) version of a type of great ape. Heck, before had elephants, well, mammoths and such here, so who knows, the animal could have survived and has been hidden by it's enviroment.

Dragons. Pteradactyl(sp?) fossils and the family members must have looked mean and menacing to people who found them. Huge beasts with wings. And way some things go, it grows and grows. Like at first it took ten minutes to get the Marlin in the boat. three weeks later it took nearly seven hours with help from three other guys to bring it in.

Anyways, anymore add.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There are a variety of things it could be, a feline, a lizard, insert your favorite animal here. And it doesnt need to be a great ape, it is more likely to be a new world simian who has evolved vampiristic tendencies. Heck, bats have done it, who is to say that other mammals cant.

XAOS

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think that's exactly the point of the Crypto forum: we look at the scientific consensus ( which will of necessity be towards denial -or this wouldn't be "crypto")and focus upon possible weaknesses in the arguments that are presented and on convincing evidence for alternative points of view.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A couple more.

Dover Demon. Fake, an old myth. Maybe at one time real, but not now.

Yurigati. Just an ugly ugly monkey. Or maybe a type of mokey not seen since it lives in the jungles of South America, and many species not seen yet.

Loch Ness. Old type of water reptile. Maybe deformed eels that the lake has. Reason seen only now and then is due to underwater caves that lead to places with air pockets.

Well, will bring more later. Bye!

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
the thing to keep in mind is that the coelocanth was real, the okapi was real, and that relatively large numbers of "new species" of small things: insects, plants,amphibians are found with no very great astonishment.
It would be absurd to assume we have seen everything: alive or fossilised. That's the appeal of cryptozoology

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The gorilla was once thought to have been an ogre before its discovery. Maybe its related to gaz.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
People didn't believe the platypus(sp?) was real, even when a stuffed platypus was sent to them. Said it was a fake. Still denied it when given a live specimen. So who knows, Bigfoot and the rest could be the same deal. Deny. Proof, deny. More proof, deny.

top topics

join