It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC - Watch the reactions of these dogs when shown a magic trick.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

That's actually beautiful brother, we can agree that irrespective of anything , our non human friends are the Shizza

Internet hug 4 u.

Cats and dogs.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Pimpintology
First off tight jeans and those boots are not in style I don't care what the fashion ads show. Secondly cute video, I prefer cats though.

They are in Finland, where this video was made. I should know, I live here.

Hilarious video man! I just love how the dogs look at the other people in the room like can you believe this?!?!
edit on 3/24/14 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
Sniff up his sleeve? That is what I kept waiting for, that is if the magician actually hide the treat there.
I like the way some doggies looked to their owner as if to say "where's it at dad/mom?"
edit on 22-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

The real magic is the editing of the video itself. We don't know how many dogs they did the "trick" to. For all we know many dogs tested were not fooled and the only ones we see on the video are the few whom got confused or gave an "entertaining" reaction. You can see the Chihuahua attempt to "source" where the treat really is unlike the other dogs in the video and conveniently the video cuts off while he works out the puzzle to the exact location (same situation with the first Dachshund in the video). The Briard knows he's not getting "paid" and walks off screen after vocal discourse. Also the German Shepherd doesn't really react, as if he realized that he was not going to get "paid" for interacting so he chose to do nothing. At the end of his clip you see the German Shepherd attempt to "source" where the scent is falling, but he knows hes not going to get it from the "magician", so doesn't even attempt a follow up on finding the exact location.

The way I see it, based on what I know about dog behavior, half the dogs in the video were not fooled, its just that people making the video don't understand that the dogs communicated something far different from just being "surprised" or "confused".

Of the 8 dogs in the video, I only see 4 that actually got confused. To me that says they needed MANY more dogs "tested on the trick" to come up with 8 reactions fit for viewing and entertainment value. So really, 4 got fooled, 2 took the time to work out the real location of the treat and 2 others that blew off the whole thing, by not reacting to a treat they knew they were not going to receive.
edit on 24-3-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I just like that most of the dogs looked down at the ground to see if it fell down out of his hands, showing a slight understanding of gravity.

This video reminds me of the video of magic tricks done for a chimpanzee.

www.jest.com...

edit on 24-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Listen, lets get down to brass tacks here. How much for the ape?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What breed of dog is Nakke at 0:34?

EDIT: I want to say German Shepherd, but the head doesn't look big enough, either that or the Ears are big for a puppy German Shepherd
edit on 25-3-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

A cat would be immediately annoyed and leave to take a $#!+ on your pillow.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chuck258

Probably belgian shepherd. Has some Malinoise. Very clever and energized. Could also be that the dog has just big ears ^^.
We had an AmericanCanadian white Sheperd, she had ears like a bat.
edit on 27-3-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
That was funny. Those poor dogs though. I hope they got a treat after.
My dogs would have found it. My youngest always does lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join