It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerns Over Measurement of Fukushima Fallout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Michio Aoyama’s initial findings were more startling than most. As a senior scientist at the Japanese government’s Meteorological Research Institute, he said levels of radioactive cesium 137 in the surface water of the Pacific Ocean could be 10,000 times as high as contamination after Chernobyl, the world’s worst nuclear accident.

Two months later, as Mr. Aoyama prepared to publish his findings in a short, nonpeer-reviewed article for Nature, the director general of the institute called with an unusual demand — that Mr. Aoyama remove his own name from the paper.

Oh really?

Off the record, university researchers in Japan say that even now, three years after the triple meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi plant, they feel under pressure to play down the impact of the disaster. Some say they cannot get funds or university support for their work. In several cases, the professors say, they have been obstructed or told to steer clear of data that might cause public “concern.”

Ya really...

In one case, a Japanese professor and two postdoctoral students dropped out of a joint research paper, telling him they could not risk association with his findings. “They felt it was too provocative and controversial,” he said, “and the postdocs were worried it could hamper their future job prospects.”

It goes on and on and on like the Energizer Bunny. Good source so I figured I would post it. Anyhow read the full article or skim it for yourselves. Its pretty much what we all already knew about the situation. Not only are we being lied to at home we are being lied to straight from Japan.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good find.

Am I the only one concerned that we may all be a walking cancer stick in 10 years?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

andr3w68
Good find.

Am I the only one concerned that we may all be a walking cancer stick in 10 years?

I don't think you're the only one. I am concerned about my food. I don't eat seafood anymore I can tell you that.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Maybe Ill just have to move to Colorado. I hear that THC kills cancerous cells. Maybe the clouds there will keep me protected. :-p

In all seriousness, why hasn't someone stepped in and done something about this already? This should be the concern of the world, not some dispute over Crimea!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Government team keeps high radiation data on three Fukushima municipalities from the public

Despite people’s clamor for transparency in radiation levels found in the prefecture of Fukushima, a Cabinet office team has delayed releasing the results of its latest measurement of radiation in three municipalities in the region. The government has postponed making the results public as they seek to recalculate the information and release a much lower level findings.

Atsuo Tamura from the Cabinet Office team confirmed the recalculation and unreleased documents, but denied covering up anything. He said, “We did not hold the results back because they were too high. We did so because it was necessary to look into whether the assumptions for residents’ lifestyle patterns matched reality.” But a professor of radiation and hygiene from the Dokkyo Medical University, Shinzo Kimura, is not convinced. “The assumption of eight hours a day outside and 16 hours inside is commonly used, and it is strange to change it. I can’t see it as anything but them fiddling with the numbers to make them come out as they wanted,” he explained.

Just an update. This situation continues.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Pimpintology

andr3w68
Good find.

I don't think you're the only one. I am concerned about my food. I don't eat seafood anymore I can tell you that.

I love seafood. Now I'm afraid

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
just remove a few 0's here and there and nobody will bat an eyelid...till those eyelids fall off.......i wonder how long it will be until we get some real numbers....scary stuff

new topics

top topics

join