It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 40 000 year old Sphinx

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am 100% sure that we know less than 1% of our ancient history. There are new discoveries being made all the time. I also believe that we see less than halve of all discoveries because either 1. Scientist are hiding or dismissing results because it doesn't fit current paradigm and theory. or 2. the government keeps it out of the view of everyone, as such in Raiders Of the Lost Arch where they keep there finding. It was closer to the truth than we knew.

With this find, I thing there is either one of two things that happen.

First there was an ancient alien culture that came and performed different experiments on the animals on the Earth that included proto-humans in order to create what we have become today.

Second theory is that we were as advance as we are now then. Maybe Atlantis or some other ancient culture, that was performing some cloning where they may have made half man half animals hybrids for either manual labor andf some that were overseers of the cloned lesser humans workers. Those who were the lesser beings made, probably to enfore place in society, idols to enforce the overseers dominance.

These are just two ideas that I have and are far beyond the truth but is probably as accurate as any.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but could this statue be a depiction of what Neanderthals actually looked like?

Most pictures show neanderthals as not having much of a chin, but how many good jaw bones have been found, and how much were they changed?

Also, it looks like this lion person has a beard.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
I believe that every Astrological Age has been celebrated by worshiping the animal that reprecented it since very ancient times.

The Age of Leo happends every 25,920 years and lasts for about 2,500 years. The last Age of Leo was between 10,500-8,000 BC. 40,000 years ago the Age of Leo would have occurred between 36,420-33,920 BC.
-MM

The problem with this is that we know the history of the constellation Leo, and it simply doesn't go back that far.

Harte

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Actually Harte, Refer to the Oxford translations of the Sumerian cuneiform tablets to see that the Kings List referred to is real and the Chronologies are accurate. The Sumerians were accurate recorders of time and years. There was no confusion for them about the length of a Year. No one is making this stuff up. Look for yourself:

433,000 years of Annunaki on Earth (link)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

40,000 years, and we find THIS?! This is absolutely incredible; truly does bring into question what ancient civilizations there were, and what they were like.

Great thread

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Umm, I've been coming here for almost ten years. What aren't you allowed to talk about? At most you have to limit it to the proper forum section.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You live in a primitive and ancient world. Finding enough food for you and your family to survive is a constant, life-or-death struggle. Defending yourself from predators, hostile humans, and the elements is also a minute-to-minute struggle. Meanwhile, you see lions - or other apex predators - having far less difficulty withtl these matters. They can take down and feast on delicious prey at will. Other animals do not intimidate or attack them. They have no need for fire, habitation, or clothing. They are pwning the upper echelon of Maslow's hierarchy of needs...with ease. Why wouldn't all cultures admire and wish to possess these characteristics? What better way to express this than through the nexus of both personifications in art. I don't see much more to it than that.

Edit: 40,000 years is interesting but not entirely shocking. That same admiration would be primal in a human. I would expect that it would extend to the earliest traces of human DNA. But, I sometimes wonder how reliable carbon dating methods are especially when used on stone objects.
edit on 3/24/2014 by mantisfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There are some who believe that the "face on Mars" is representative of a sphinx-like monument. Hoagland claims that one half of the face is simian, the other half lion, and when combined appear to be like modern man. I don't necessarily agree with that theory, but it certainly does make one think.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If a gazelle could carve a statue of itself...it would probably make itself half a lion.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

KanuTruth
reply to post by Harte

Actually Harte, Refer to the Oxford translations of the Sumerian cuneiform tablets to see that the Kings List referred to is real and the Chronologies are accurate. The Sumerians were accurate recorders of time and years. There was no confusion for them about the length of a Year. No one is making this stuff up. Look for yourself:

433,000 years of Annunaki on Earth (link)

If they were so precise and meticulous why then is there only one copy of the kings list and only from the middle Bronze Age? It is far more likely that the kings list was a creation who's purpose was to legitimize Isin's claims to the throne over the claims of Larsa than it is an actual historical record dating back several hundred millennia especially when there is no tie in with the constellation of Leo whose first documented acknowledgement is 6000 YA/4000 BCE There just isn't anything that ties these together other than speculation. I'm very open minded to any number of possibilities regarding out past but the evidence has to be there to support it. Otherwise all you have is speculation and that's the case w the kings list and I'm being kind with the adjective.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

'Manimals' are common shamanist themes and occur across many cultures. That's a portable piece of stone age art made by a hunter gatherer. Not some relic of a lost civilisation. All the tech from sites of that age are stone age, made of stone of bone and ivory. Nothing 'lost tech' about it at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

mantisfortress

Edit: 40,000 years is interesting but not entirely shocking. That same admiration would be primal in a human. I would expect that it would extend to the earliest traces of human DNA. But, I sometimes wonder how reliable carbon dating methods are especially when used on stone objects.
edit on 3/24/2014 by mantisfortress because: (no reason given)

I think the lion man is bone or ivory, which can be dated.

40,000 bp is about the oldest date possible for a reliable carbon date, any older than that and you need other methods.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Modern shamans in primitive cultures often dress up as animals for rituals, often wearing animal masks This is a PRIMITIVE piece of tribal art, nothing high tech about it. It's probably meant to represent some form of hunter god.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathaka

His work clearly shows that the Great Sphinx (Egypt) is at least 7000 years old, but could be much, much older. The only thing he can say with any certainty is the minimum age of the Great Sphinx. Not the exact age.

Noooo, schoch has been debunked many many times. Theres a site called 'the hall of Maat' that really shreds him using reputable geologists.
hallofmaat.com...

The Sphinx is extrememly vulnerable to erosion and is falling apart in front of peoples eyes. Plus, there was no civillisation in the nile valley prior to the arrival of the neolithic 7,000 years ago. The Nile valley has been seriously dug up over the last 150 years looking for treasure, and the archaeological sequence is very well understood.

22,000 years ago people in Nubia start eating wild wheat, a habit which they take out of Africa with them as they migrate into Israel.
Some complex hunter gatherer behavior which involves capturing animals to bury in sacrificial graves about 11,000 years ago.
Pottery discovered around lake chad about this time. I can talk your ear off about how the wavy line ceramics match the expansion of NIlo saharan languages, but I won't. These people still not even farming, let alone building.
Farmers arrive in Egypt from the middle east about 7,000 years ago. Very simple culture, no metal work, no writing. simple adobe construction about this time.

Sorry, but not one scrap of out of place tech shows up to disturb the evolution of hunter gatherers into farmers. There is a precocious cuture in Turkey about 13,500 years ago that built temples and statues, and these were probably the very first farmers our side of the planet.

East Asia developed earlier, the Jomon had ceramics and probably some form of farming (judging by their teeth) about 17000 years ago, but the first East asian farmers really suffered when the ice age ended and their lowland got flooded out. Hancock has a point about there being a LOT of stuff of that coast we don't know about. But a high tech society probably isn't one of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Jukiodone

The fact you spent 20 years and examined ALL possible answers (whilst applying a mind set placed upon you by a protestant work ethic) speaks for itself.

I´m coming more from a sci-fi mindset than a protestant work ethic mind set.

"Technology advanced enough is indistinguishable from magic". Who said that? I think it was Arthur C. Clarke.

I reckon that there were either humans or aliens who possessed some sort of technology.

But that's just my personal conclusion, I don't actually expect anyone to agree with me.

After all that research what are your answers to the below questions:

If Peoples in South America were doing substances in the past; what evidence do you have to suggest this didnt take place elsewhere given the repeated social patterns we see in humans from different times/locales throughout history (Body Art, Art, Song, Ceremony, Worship etc) across all other facets of behavior?

Thats the question that drives me. Merely our answers are different.

I still want to know: Do you drink and do you describe yourself and all other "socially acceptable drug users" as "Bums"?

I don't drink. I don't describe drug users as bums. You're projecting some persona onto me that I`m not.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

darkbake

As far as intelligence goes there is even some merit to the idea that writing could have lowered it - think of the difference, people used to memorize whole epics by word of mouth only.

Yup...people used to talk a whole lot more to each other. We`ve become a society that is rather private and our vast reserves of knowledge are stored in electronic equipment that could disappear with an EMP Blast.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

poet1b

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but could this statue be a depiction of what Neanderthals actually looked like?

Well...thats certainly a new suggestion in this thread. Its conceivable.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Antigod

'Manimals' are common shamanist themes and occur across many cultures. That's a portable piece of stone age art made by a hunter gatherer. Not some relic of a lost civilisation. All the tech from sites of that age are stone age, made of stone of bone and ivory. Nothing 'lost tech' about it at all.

I agree there's nothing "lost tech" about the making of this statue. The "lost tech" is what it is based on...genetic engineering (as one of many explanations of Sphinxes and Hybrids put forward in this thread)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

dovdov
There are some who believe that the "face on Mars" is representative of a sphinx-like monument. Hoagland claims that one half of the face is simian, the other half lion, and when combined appear to be like modern man. I don't necessarily agree with that theory, but it certainly does make one think.

I heard, I heard and I wish it were so. But before I figure out what the face on Mars is, I`d first actually have to see a face.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

peter vlar

If they were so precise and meticulous why then is there only one copy of the kings list and only from the middle Bronze Age? It is far more likely that the kings list was a creation who's purpose was to legitimize Isin's claims to the throne over the claims of Larsa than it is an actual historical record dating back several hundred millennia

The Mesopotamians are't the only one that presents Kings all the way from God-Kings to mere Kings in an ever descending line.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join