It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 40 000 year old Sphinx

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hello Skyfloating,

Great thread. I'm not so sure of a 40,000 year-old Sphinx but I think we can (theoretically) date it to around 19,000 years of age.

Here's how: The 19,000 year-old pyramids. (Note--this is a 10mb Powerpoint file. It represents a small part of my latest research presented here first and exclusively to ATS readers).

Enjoy.

Regards,

SC
edit on 22/3/2014 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You mean the use of drugs?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

A sphinx has a human face on an animal body. This lion-man is just the opposite: he's a lion-headed man.

Some of the oldest lion-men can be found on Hindu Temples.

Excuse me, but there are no ancient Hindu temples. The oldest surviving temple is of post-Christian date. Even if we charitably allow some dubious archaeological claims made for the lowest level of the Mahabalipuram kovil, that only takes us back two thousand years.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Sure peter, I realize that the bands are probably only coincidentally connected with the later images. That's why I said "to me."

It seems certain though, from the appearance of the LM, that it was a complex object, that may have had another covering created from some other material, perhaps representing clothing or fur or something else.

It's an amazing piece dating from our deep past, either way.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One of the most confusing elements of modern archeology is the arbitrary dating of artifacts and sites. And we, the eager and willing masses believe whatever the "experts" say. After all, they have science. They have degrees. They have the power of publishing behind them. And what do we have besides a hunger for knowledge?

What many people don't understand is that radio carbon dating requires organic material in order to measure the rate of decay of carbon and estimate the age of the material. Stone is not organic matter. So, the only way to date ancient artifacts and sites is to collect dirt near or under the stone or sculptures and date that. The logic being that the material near the stone was present at the time the stone or artifact was placed. Sketchy science? You bet! As our technology continues to advance, so will our accurate measurements of artifact age.

the ancient Sumerian texts include the Kings List: A chronology of the Annunaki that ruled Earth from 433,000 B.C. to the rise of Sumer, around 4000 B.C. We cannot truly appreciate this span of time. Our entire recorded history is a blink compared to this span of time. Imagine how many civilizations were built, lost, destroyed, and rebuilt during this amazing span of time. This web site does a good job of showing A TIME LINE that give us an idea of what this looks like: TheAncientAliens.com: 433,000 Years of Annunaki

If we continue to push the bounds of accepted history, we will begin to reveal the true age of our civilizations and the ancient aliens that shaped out past.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Pre-history .........

The 40,000 year-old Lion man of the Hohlenstein StadelFrom the beginnings of human behavioural modernity in the Upper Paleolithic, about 40,000 years ago, examples of zoomorphic (animal-shaped) works of art occur that may represent the earliest evidence we have of anthropomorphism. One of the oldest known is an ivory sculpture, the Löwenmensch, Germany, a human-shaped figurine with the head of a lioness or lion, determined to be about 32,000 years old.[3][4]

It is not possible to say what exactly these prehistoric artworks represent. A more recent example is The Sorcerer, an enigmatic cave painting from the Trois-Frères Cave, Ariège, France: the figure's significance is unknown, but it is usually interpreted as some kind of great spirit or master of the animals. In either case there is an element of anthropomorphism.

This anthropomorphic art has been linked by archaeologist Steven Mithen with the emergence of more systematic hunting practices in the Upper Palaeolithic (Mithen 1998). He proposes that these are the product of a change in the architecture of the human mind, an increasing fluidity between the natural history and social intelligences, where anthropomorphism allowed hunters to empathetically identify with hunted animals and better predict their movements.

" He proposes that these are the product of a change in the architecture of the human mind, an increasing fluidity between the natural history and social intelligences, where anthropomorphism allowed hunters to empathetically identify with hunted animals and better predict their movements."

I tend to agree with his hypothesis , these Creatures were a form of Symbolism , not actual Beings .

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Funny how the most obvious truth is considered fringe. Haha. Actually says a lot about mankind in fact.

40,000 years feels about right to me. Cool find, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

@ Sky Floating...Awesome thread!

@ onequestion...

A lot of us know what the answers are to the connection to art in ancient civilizations but we cant talk about here on ATS.

Would you mind sending me a link or brief description via private message?

I would much appreciate it if you could.

Thanks.

Same

link   

Corruption Exposed

@ onequestion...

A lot of us know what the answers are to the connection to art in ancient civilizations but we cant talk about here on ATS.

Thanks.

Same

link   

Corruption Exposed

@ onequestion...

Thanks.

Same

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Good thread Skyfloating I don't know if this could be a matter of diffusion or local development or both but depictions of Sphinxes and Griffins is wide spread ,example the lion motif is found as far away depending on your perspective in places like Japan especially Okinawa a place where there were never any lions and they also had the kirin a mythical creature that turned out to be a Giraffe the Silk road might be a likely link for both coming from Persia through China ended up in Japan
Okinawan Sphinx called Shisha usually guarding the entrances of doors although they are found on roofs for the same purpose..protection'

Persian Sphinx

Below the Nok one of the formative key civilizations of
Nigeria.

Sphinx Nok 500 B.C

Griffin or birdman Nok
Anthropozoomorphic statue of a bird-man
H. cm

Thermoluminescence test
300 BC-900 AD

Sphinx female Nok
The above is from the Nok civilization Nigeria that goes back to 900yrs B.C a forefather to the later Benin and Yoruba civilizations.

A is from the later Empire of Dahomey one of the successors to the Nok, making comparisons to Nile Valley sculptures.

edit on 23-3-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

onequestion

I guess you' mean ingested mushrooms by which "artists see sphinxes" or "archetypes of collective consciousness" or something like that. There are several issues with that theory, the first being: Where are the Sphinxes built in the recent two thousand years?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Spider879

Sphinxes and Griffins is wide spread ,example the lion motif is found as far away depending on your perspective in places like Japan especially Okinawa a place where there were never any lions and they also had the kirin a mythical creature that turned out to be a Giraffe the Silk road might be a likely link for both coming from Persia through China ended up in Japan
Okinawan Sphinx called Shisha usually guarding the entrances of doors although they are found on roofs for the same purpose..protection'

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to present a number of Hybrids I haven't even seen yet.

KanuTruth
the ancient Sumerian texts include the Kings List: A chronology of the Annunaki that ruled Earth from 433,000 B.C. to the rise of Sumer, around 4000 B.C.

Yup, I`m aware of that. It wasn't too long ago that school children learned that civilized man appeared only a few thousand years ago.
Then it was pushed back to 6000 B.C. And then, with new discoveries it was pushed back to 10 000 B.C.

And here's Scott Creighton saying 19 000 B.C. And the Lion-Man saying 42 000 B.C. And some day it might be 435 000 B.C. And then Millions of years.

edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"Where are the Sphinxes built in the recent two thousand years?"

Maybe this was relevant (collective consciousness) to the people at the time but no longer relevant to people of the last 2000 years. Maybe the people that were using mushrooms, entheogens, etc were the ones in charge who had the ability and logistics to make them but now they aren't. We are pretty sure the Aztecs used mushrooms ritualistically and look at what they built.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Astyanax
Excuse me, but there are no ancient Hindu temples. The oldest surviving temple is of post-Christian date. Even if we charitably allow some dubious archaeological claims made for the lowest level of the Mahabalipuram kovil, that only takes us back two thousand years.

The implication here seems to be that Hindu Sphinxes may have been a post-Christian creation, but the Vedic Epics, which mention man-beasts are considered older than our western texts.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Scott Creighton
presented here first and exclusively to ATS readers.

Thanks. My IQ is not high enough to fully appreciate your calculations, but intuition can grasp it.

Any idea for what occassion they were built?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Scott Creighton
presented here first and exclusively to ATS readers.

Thanks. My IQ is not high enough to fully appreciate your calculations, but intuition can grasp it.

Any idea for what occassion they were built?

Hello Skyfloating,

You ask a question that I could easily spend several days answering and completely derail your thread. Keeping it simple the AEs themselves (via the Arabic chroniclers) tell us that the orientation of the heavens changed and the king asked his priests what this change in the heavens portended. The priests explained to the king that it would bring flood followed by fire. Upon hearing this, the king ordered the construction of the pyramids to serve as 'Arks' into which was deposited everything that was of esteem in the kingdom i.e. everything that would be needed to ensure the rebirth of the kingdom after the worst effects of the anticipated flood had passed. Intriguingly, this date of ca,17,000 BCE is around the time when the great northern ice sheets went into meltdown and it may also agree with the date of the formation of the Carolina Bays.

But I digress. The main point of my presentation was simply to show how the Giza Pyramids were placed (along with the Sphinx) to work as a stellar timeline (the secondary function of the pyramids) utilising the precessional motion of the Orion Belt stars and that the date presented implies the structures (if the theory is correct) are some 19,000 years old.

History is not as we have been taught it.

Regards,

SC
edit on 23/3/2014 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Scott Creighton
But I digress.

Well, to me its relevant because my focus of research is currently the flood, post-flood and pre-flood life, whether the flood was 12 000 or 18 000 years ago (this date would be somewhat consistent with yours) or both, etc. I am going to look up the arab chronicles you mention.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

KanuTruth
What many people don't understand is that radio carbon dating requires organic material in order to measure the rate of decay of carbon and estimate the age of the material. Stone is not organic matter. So, the only way to date ancient artifacts and sites is to collect dirt near or under the stone or sculptures and date that. The logic being that the material near the stone was present at the time the stone or artifact was placed. Sketchy science? You bet! As our technology continues to advance, so will our accurate measurements of artifact age.

Definitely sketchy, which is why such methods aren't typically used.

No dating of the sphinx relies on such a stupid method. The sphinx is only roughly dated, and that by construction techniques and stone sources.

The sphinx is an excavation, not a structure, and stones removed from the limestone bed (to create the sphinx) were used in the sphinx temple, which can be dated (again, roughly) by findings there.

However, the method you mention is sometimes used, when researchers can be reasonably sure that the collected organic material has lain in place since the construction of the site in question. A few such samples were taken from the ground underneath some of the larger stones at the Tiahuanaco complex, resulting in a Common Era date for that site. The date was confirmed using hundreds of other C14 results from the complex, as well as from sites surrounding the complex, including findings at irrigation canal sites built by the same culture.

KanuTruththe ancient Sumerian texts include the Kings List: A chronology of the Annunaki that ruled Earth from 433,000 B.C. to the rise of Sumer, around 4000 B.C.

No Sumerian text states this. No Sumerian text states that "the Anunnaki ruled the Earth" for any time period whatsoever.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
40,000 years old .... The fact that these artifacts around the world are still with us is proof that 'The World WIde Flood' of Noahs Ark fame didn't happen. They all would have been destroyed by the raging flood and the weight of a mile high ocean over them crushing down.

** Interesting thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join