It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands March against US/EU backed regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am just curious to know your guy's opinion on this, seeing as how the media has been spinning this like crazy. These seem like regular people to me. Not the neo-nazi's that have been running around ukraine lately. Here's the vid and a description.

East Ukrain, Kharkiv, late March - Thousands of Pro-Russian citizens of the second-largest city of Ukraine, which is also an industrial centre with hundreds of industrial companies, demonstrated against the US/EU backed putschist-regime in Kiev and demanded a referendum.

LiveLeak

I see people marching peacefully. I see no weapons or masks. Surely all these thousands of people are not being paid to march against the EU/US backed government there. So what next?
edit on 22/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I think those who are familiar with the situation are aware that Eastern Ukraine has a larger Russian speaking population than the Western half of the country and also that's where their deposed pro Russian leader had much of his support based.

edit on 22-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for that info,
Things i didn't know take one.

Still i don't see much being done about those thugs running around trashing things.
We got those guys here! (black bloc or whatever its called)

PS: This particular city is on the very edge of the red zone on your map there, Were they included in the annexation??

edit on 22/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No, Russia pretty much just took the Crimea. They have a strategically important Naval facility there.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't care at all what happens in situations that are outside of my control.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Hi op ...S&F ..you might like to read this .www.informationclearinghouse.info... Kind of give you a flavor .I am not sure how much is true and what parts might help make sense but I thought it worth a read and thought I would share .....peace

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think Russia will probably try to find some way to annex area's in red. they're going to want an unobstructed land route to their ports in the Crimea. free from the whim of another government.

I really don't have a problem with that as long as the areas in question want to join, again, with Russia.

Now whether or not they go for more i don't know, hope not. But is is what i expect.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Every democratic country has the right to peacefully protest

Every democratic country has just as much divide in political leaders and party's and ethnicity

That doesn't mean a country should have a civil war or be invaded and annexed under the false pretences of "protecting" and then rig an illegal referendum, the world is a diverse place and much progress has been made in breaking down divides

If you disagree and think china have the right Ukraine's sovereign integrity then perhaps you should have been born in the Stone Age, and you just like reversing the progression of the civilised world

new topics

top topics

join