It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test - With No Maths Questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: St Udio

know what I never got about the mensa members? How is paying money to be in an organization that says you're smart actually a smart thing to do? I could join mensa technically if I wanted to but then I would be stupidly wasting money to codle my intellectual insecurity that could be spent on cheeseburgers and my favorite malt beer. I say Mensa members should get docked 20 IQ points for that dumb act of mismanaging their financial priorities for that reason alone.

It's networking. Would you pay $50/year for your LinkedIn profile to be upgraded? High IQ societies do the same thing, I've thought of joining the Prometheus Society a couple of times but I don't want to go through the hassle of getting some up to date testing.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

That was fun! 115, yeah average! Thanks. In my defence, still am sucking on my first coffee. Maybe if I were truly awake...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's not networking. It's a bunch of insecure people going to a meeting to pat each other on the backs and somehow feel special. Most actual geniuses don't need that sort of codling nor want it. You telling me that mr super genius would have an easier time finding some engineering job by going to a mensa meeting instead of applying for a job at the actual institution doing the hiring. That the 12 people in their little local mensa chapter's meeting all have the same or even remotely similar jobs or interests and could help each other out more than say anyone else in society. I would imagine that people with high IQ's come in all sorts of flavors. Not all want to isolate themselves from society and join some club to make themselves feel better about their likely social ineptitude.

Wanna network. Go join a club that discusses you hobby's. A book club, a astronomy club, a physics lecture club but don't make a club exclusively for only certain smart peoples and claim that you are networking. It's not like some rich douch club where you could actually nepotistically network with other rich douch bags to screw the general public in some new scheme or scam. It's just a bunch of seemingly smart people in a room doing what. nothing but going. "I'm smart! me too! I'm smart also! yaaaaay!!! We're all smart. Now what.....crickets...."

As far as paying 50 bucks to upgrade my linked in account? Uh...no. I don't need to pay 50 bucks a year to have my resume fraudulently put into the top 100 resumes on their website over other probably more qualified folks. It's dishonest and sorta douchy. I'll find a real job the real way. Or I'll pay a actual head hunter. But the shot gun hail mary approach combined with entitlement (paying to be in front of others because you are somehow better) on the internet networking sites doesn't work too well for me.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hm, this site... www.free-iqtest.net... ...syas that I have an IQ of 159:

Whereas on taking back the test in my OP, I got 135 (a much more fair assessment IMO).

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join