It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test - With No Maths Questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can't believe it...

105!

I scored only at 105! Geez, my brother scored at 133, and when he showed me the patterns after my result, it was so obvious!!!
Yet, I saw no pattern half of the time, and I got a low 105....

edit on 28-3-2014 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I got 130.

The questions got tricky towards the end, and I ended up having to guess the last one.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zedy63

This test is stupid, this isn't even an indication of intelligence.

How to test intelligence:

Is it able to deny?
That bouncing red dot on the ground came from the laser in your hand. Right? And wrong? That never happened.
Being is the map of intelligence.

Is it able to live?
Fire is not intelligence, knowing this is knowledge.
Knowing is the first key of intelligence.

Is it able to reproduce?
Mules are not intelligent, but they can work, they're odd. But useful.
Usefulness is the second key of intelligence.

Is it able to plan?
Blueprints are not knowledgeable, but contain knowledge.
Planning is the third key of intelligence.

Is it able to seek?
An earthworm's body uses calculus to find food in the dirt. Identification and acquisition, sense.
Sense is the fourth key of intelligence.

Is it able to rest?
Pests, they never rest, never stop, always with every ounce of energy the must acquire. Rest your quest for knowlege, and power. Love instead.
Love is the sixth key of intelligence.

Will you die?
No. I just explained that.
The path to intelligence is hard, and you have to forsake anyone that would hold you back, unless you love them.

Love???????

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SniperSmiley

Nice reply

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SniperSmiley
How to test intelligence:

Rest your quest for knowlege, and power. Love instead.

Um, how can you augment your intelligence if you decide to abandon the quest for knowledge? Intelligence springs from knowledge, not ignorance.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Intelligence springs from perception, not knowledge. I'm a perfectly illogical mind, logic, and knowledge have no power in my mind. I can create, and destroy knowledge with words, that's stupid. If I bind my mind to knowledge, I will understand.

I will never understand, I can't understand. I'm good. Not evil.

Love.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SniperSmiley

Um, nope.

Perception is to feel that the fire in the fireplace is burning your hand.
Knowledge is to retrieve the hand and put it in cold water.
Intelligence is to never put the naked hand back into the fire again.

Moths flying right into a naked flame have perception, but no intelligence.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You really do believe those words are tangible. Wow, that's sad, it pains me to think of you, so close yet so far.

I really don't know what to say, how is that knowledge working for you?

You didn't even point out I missed two keys before jumping to love. The eighth key of intelligence. I skipped 5 and 7 for good reasons, but you refute my words. Not my omission of words?

How could you understand? Do you reflect on every moment of your life? See I know you don't, I know I can't. I think you can't. I would love for you to disprove this if it is a fallacy. But how could you a being of knowledge, ever hope to convey time to a being of perfect perception? Ny!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SniperSmiley
You didn't even point out I missed two keys before jumping to love. The eighth key of intelligence. I skipped 5 and 7

Indeed you did. I simply thought you made a typo. You did state that you are illogical.

Do you reflect on every moment of your life?

Unless you have an infinite size of brain, the memory of every moments of your life would quickly fill the whole of your memory, and prevent further memories to be stored unless some old memories were deleted.

But how could you a being of knowledge, ever hope to convey time to a being of perfect perception? Ny!

Why would I want to "convey time to a being of perfect perception"? Would this being of perfect perception give me a raise?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"...give me a raise?"

Well I guess you figured out promise the 5th key of intelligence, and the map of knowledge. So I need to walk with you. I'm not used to talking to people that are intelligent, most just jump at love, love is so good. I don't bring up 5&7 because they're hard for most people, but you get 5. So hopefully you recognize that having 2 maps makes you more powerful, and more accountable. If you want more accountability. It turtles all the way down. But I can only think of the names up to the 8th key. And there is no eighth seal. So everything past the 8th key is chaos to the human mind, but freeing. Blessed unrest.

It's been a eons since I talked to another at the door. Let's take a walk. Or I could come to yours, and sit and eat with you. Your choice.
edit on 30-12-2014 by SniperSmiley because: I removed some notes.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A friend wanted me to take this today.

I found out some people are better at silly tests than others.

Why does it seem to be the case that those who score the best tend to place little significance on it, yet those who score not so good think it means so much? Seems counter-intuitive.

If I had to take a stab at it, I'd suggest that it follows the saying, "people always want what they can never have". If we have, we devalue, if we can't grab at it, we find it valuable.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well, this thread was bumped... 130, I liked the last question. It was easier than the two or three leading up to it.

originally posted by: swanne
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I wonder if being on a site of conspiracy theories has something to do with higher IQ?

So far nearly every ATSers are scoring at 130 or higher, with a few people scoring at "normal", but still "over average".

There's a ton of online IQ tests out there and very few if any are actually valid. Most are run by high IQ societies who give you a high score in order to sell a membership.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The test is 100% geometry and is nothing but math. I would say that being able to see patterns in things is a *part* of intelligence, but it shouldn't be the only gauge for determining someone's intelligence. I don't trust that this is an accurate test.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

that was fun. thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
132 whoohoo!!! Reminds me of the IQ tests I took as a kid. I scored higher on those. Maybe it being 5:30 in the morning and I still haven't gone to sleep yet lowered my score. And the 40 of 211 beer.

Fun test. although I ran out of time and guessed the last two. had 10 seconds left by the time I got to the last two.

Gunna take it after I wake up and see if I score higher.

Also with the other posters who normally score much higher in real IQ tests. I usually score higher too. But that being said. Even for a high IQ test scorer most ATS posters would agree that high intelligence is not communicated through my generally sophomoric posts. A common person on the street would after a quick conversation with me probably go "Damn that dude is dumb!" I guess that just because I'm intelligent doesn't mean I'm not lazy and generally I don't like to think too hard. So I come off as cognitively dim. One time I took a online IQ test and scored a 90 or something close to being retarded. Sooooo these probably aren't entirely valid or reliable.

Finally anyone else out there feel like they are getting dumber with age as if they are just becoming too tired and blownout to think to hard about things anymore or is that just me?

edit on 2-1-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zedy63
reply to post by swanne

i got just over 100 but half way through i got bored and guessed alot of them to get it over with lol i might try again

my response to a T... scored normal... but I noticed at problem 28-29 I got a brain freeze
and instead of reasoning I reverted to guessing based on probability or 'most likely correct'....

so I know my answers were skewed on the last 25% of the test...
my guess is that the Mensa crowd would have thought deep/hard on the last 10-12 problems like a Sherlock Holmes problem solver
the time spent on each problem must be that hidden factor...because I breezed through the last 10 at the same speed as the first 30

which is an indicator that the test taker was not problem-solving at all, but engaging in guesswork
edit on nd31142021023902502015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

edit on nd31142020999402462015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

know what I never got about the mensa members? How is paying money to be in an organization that says you're smart actually a smart thing to do? I could join mensa technically if I wanted to but then I would be stupidly wasting money to codle my intellectual insecurity that could be spent on cheeseburgers and my favorite malt beer. I say Mensa members should get docked 20 IQ points for that dumb act of mismanaging their financial priorities for that reason alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The last few questions really are no different than the early/mid questions. It's like saying 1+2 is different from 1+2+3. The way I approached the test, and this may be different from you is that I looked at the question and the blank spot and came to my own logical conclusion about the answer. Then I looked down at the answers to see what matched. It's the same way I take all multiple choice tests, though from what I've learned talking to others most look at the answer pool and eliminate them. To me, that's only a valid method for people who don't know how to determine the answer in the first place.

The whole test took me 10 minutes, but my sleep meds were kicking in so I could have done it in less if I were alert.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join