It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test - With No Maths Questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just took the test, too.

Um...

I don't know what to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Don't beat yourself up - it could be your time, too. Time is a factor. It says in the beginning of the test to "take your time", but in fact you're being monitored for your response time. Video games helps getting a quick response time but it's not everyone who has a puzzle video game. As for me I'm often busy calculating things in physics in very short periods of time, maybe this had to do with it.

reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Yeah, they were hard indeed - especially the last one, lol, on this one I've spent at least ten minutes staring at the screen, with an expression of utter incomprehension.

edit on 24-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

edit on 24-3-2014 by swanne because: double post

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Admittedly, I always do well on these things. I've had my IQ assessed and I'm well in the top 0.1% -- IQ 171, though I have previously scored in the mid-160s.

This test is good for what it is -- a spatial recognition test based around the RPM that attempts to measure G (general intelligence) by proxy. The obvious drawback is that its ceiling is 140 (this means that the top score one can get is 140). Because the ceiling is relatively low, the ability to correctly measure IQ probably drops drastically beyond about 130.

Anyway, I was taking the test when my boss walked in, so I just clicked on random answers for the last 3 or 4 questions to get it out the way before he realised what I was doing.

I got 133. Far lower than usual, but about right given a couple random choices at the end and the (relatively) low ceiling.

I'm a member of a few high IQ groups, mostly just for fun, and have tried out some experimental high range IQ tests in my time. I would recommend particularly Mislav Predavec's IQ tests (they are particularly good fun), Nikolas Soulis' tests (I thoroughly enjoyed his verbal assessments, but then, I'm a writer and a philosopher so that probably is my strength) and Dr Xavier Jouve's IQ tests (which are probably amongst the most reliable IQ tests available, online or otherwise, as he was formerly a psychometric test designer for Pearson, the manufacturer of the pro IQ tests that are administered in Drs offices world wide -- most notably, the WAIS).

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Mine

not bad

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

The scoring system is inaccurate.

I have an IQ of over 160 average and yet on this I scored 110.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I got 130, I took the time to the last minute because I`m at work answering clients at the same time. I barely had 6 minutes for the last 6-7 questions.

Damn, those last ones are hard. I would of needed more time to figure out the last 2-3 patterns completely.

This test stops at 140...anyway, seriously...IQ tests never seemed that great to calculate REAL intelligence.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I don't have a problem with mental rotation at all either. Like I said in my prior post, I got flagged in middle school for high spatial ability plus mental rotation via the John Hopkins battery and got pushed towards engineering for years after (to the point of Saturday school for not wanting to be one--NOT kidding). For me, the reason why may be more explicable as I was exposed to synthetic estrogen prenatally when I was but a wee fetus. DES is known to basically "gender strip" the brain in women and muck with brain lateralization to boot. A researcher did test to see if DES daughters had higher visual spatial ability and the results were insignificant. However, women and men tend to be equal on that one so no great surprise there. There's nothing to say that she specifically sought out differences in mental rotation ability.

Millions of women were given DES while pregnant back in the day. If you've had any reproductive difficulties, you might take a peek at DES daughter symptoms just to be on the safe side. If you're in the clear, kudos to you! I'd be really happy for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I scored a 133.

When I was tested as a kid in the gifted program I scored a 137, later in high school I scored 129 so this test seems remarkable accurate at least regarding my historical scores.

Fun test, I enjoyed it.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Interestingly enough I actually studied mechanical engineering and worked in the engineering field before becoming a stay-at-home mum. By the time my third child was of age that I could return to work I had lost most of my engineering knowledge, doh! I don't know if my mum was exposed to anything during my development though it is possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Yep, mechanical engineering was the direction in which I was being steered. The school was just too heavy handed about it, I think (I was given Saturday school for wanting to do a career packet on a different interest). I think that losing knowledge after childbirth and parenthood is pretty typical. Pretty sure I lost a whole slew of IQ points due to the sleep deprivation alone, lol.

The CDC does have a questionnaire to help discern whether one may be a DES daughter or not. My mother told my doctor when I was young that she was given something to prevent miscarriage when she was pregnant with me. Between that and the actual physiological issues was how the confirmation that I was a DES daughter took place. A lot of DES children don't know that they are. Here's the link to the self assessment: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I would say it is probably a mix of the two, because if I am not very good at something, usually coz it doesn't interest me too much, then I won't practice it much, and will probably try to avoid it. Stupid I know, because repetition would or should lessen the difficulty and may even increase interest in the subject. I have a friend who has zero spatial awareness when it comes to reversing her car, and she fully admits that too. She once told me when trying to park in a tight spot in a very full car park, she actually got out the car and asked a complete stranger if he could help her and reverse her car into the space, which he did, lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I got 105 ..but my ex was on the phone to me for half of it..
So i wasn't too focused

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It is terrible you felt pressured into engineering rather than choosing it because you enjoyed doing it. Luckily for me I wanted to do it, though I loved art just as much, so I am 50/50 logic or analytical and artistic.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

CthulhuMythos

It is terrible you felt pressured into engineering rather than choosing it because you enjoyed doing it. Luckily for me I wanted to do it, though I loved art just as much, so I am 50/50 logic or analytical and artistic.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out.

I did once love taking apart and rebuilding things very much. Still do in a way. I love "having" to crack open a bit of machinery that isn't working right and thinking about how I would've done the innards different. So the love wasn't totally squashed. I just found that I had a greater love for "organic machinery"--life, itself. Loved the arts, too.
You're welcome and I hope that it's a big negative and you're just another part of the wonderful spectrum of humanity.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Im usually 130-155 but i got 110 on this one. Not a great test but to be fair i did get bored and randomly hit the last 7 questions.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

See, my strength is definitely verbal. I can learn just about anything simply be reading about how to do it. I can built a complete mental image in my brain for the most part and pick it up after only a few tries, maybe a picture or two for guidance on really complex stuff. I picked up crochet and basic origami this way.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
i did get bored and randomly hit the last 7 questions.

Um.. I think they were the most important...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I wonder if being on a site of conspiracy theories has something to do with higher IQ?

So far nearly every ATSers are scoring at 130 or higher, with a few people scoring at "normal", but still "over average".

edit on 25-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

swanne
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I wonder if being on a site of conspiracy theories has something to do with higher IQ?

So far nearly every ATSers are scoring at 130 or higher, with a few people scoring at "normal", but still "over average".

edit on 25-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Of the genuinely gifted I would say this is probably down to a multitude of reasons... But I would think the following would feature quite high on a reasoning scale.

1. People with higher IQ's tend to see patterns and relationships in what most would consider completely unrelated .

2. The deep seated need to quench the almost insatiable thirst for knowledge.

But one must also consider the fact that a proportion of those claiming to have high IQ's may not indeed be as gifted as they profess.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 25-3-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join