It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test - With No Maths Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Defintely interesting and pretty fun. Just a small part of what I would consider to be a true IQ test. I think there are different types of intelligence and that IQ tests can be tested within different subjects like math, (which I hate), music comprehension, physical ability, reading, drawing and painting, cooking and taste, etc. Idk if there ever will be a test that can find your "IQ" in all of these different area, but oh well.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Agreed though it's not so much the spatial but the ability to mentally rotate objects. I got flagged for engineering because I possessed higher mental rotation and spatial ability even as a female due to a neurological defect most likely related to prenatal synthetic estrogen exposure (DES). Most women have difficulty with mental rotation even though their visual-spatial skills are equal. Mental rotation does give an advantage to a test like this because you can motor around pieces when need be to watch the pattern unfold. That's what I was doing complete with mechanical sound effects (I'm a dork). It does provide an advantage biased towards men (and DES daughters).

www.engageengineering.org...
edit on 22/3/14 by WhiteAlice because: added link

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
99 for me but like so many others you just start guessing and i still had 30 mins on the clock,don,t think these tests prove anything.human nature you hear test you want to get it over with as quick as possible lol

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

106. i think I had to guess three times. The last one of course was the toughest..Tebow hail mary

Eta: thanks for posting..fun stuff
edit on 22-3-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I'm a woman, and I can do it, but it takes some real concentration to achieve.

I don't begrudge men the ability though. Since I work in publishing, I see the flip side. Anytime verbal skills are called for, you're likely to see women dominate, and indeed, my office is heavily female, top to bottom.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey like that IQ test, it seemed more logic, and I scored lower than I normaly do, 115 on this one with 19 min left (probably should have took more time and drank less vodka) lol... normaly do about 125 on the online tests (which I never thought was true, seemed too high ... lol). Had more trouble on the last 10ish questions.
In all cases S&F for you. I will show this site to my friends and family.
edit on 22-3-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

110 with 24 minutes left. I love these and sadly thought I'd do a little better. Thanks though! It was entertaining and
in my defense I've had insomnia for several days. SOOO I think a 20 point "pity adjustment" should be made "130"

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

Did the exact same thing and I scored 132

All right 101, but a did get bored so a didn`t even look at the questions halfway through and tried to answer them intuitively!!

I am incredibly bored lol

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I'm on my iPad and can't access it- help anyone?!
It's a .swf file, and I've tried opening it with every relevant app I have, but none recognize it...

edit on 22-3-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I am on my iPad as well. It's a Shockwave Flash file. It will not work at all on an iPad. You will have to use a PC or something..

I am thinking, how many people still use stuff like shockwave anymore but...

As for the test, I don't care much since I scored 147 on a real iq test.. So, it's not like I don't know what it is. Still wanted to see what the test looked like. Ah well.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I must be getting stupider as I get older, I got a 104 when a few years back I was around 130. I will admit the harder puzzles towards the end would've lowered my score considerably.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I scored about 30 points less than I score on other IQ tests. In fact, Ive scored completely differently on every single IQ test Ive done, with everything from 103 to 135...which kind of proves to me that IQ tests cannot measure an absolute level of intelligence and how highly dependent they are on ones mood on the day we do them. Neither do they test for emotional intelligence, social intelligence, business smarts, health, stamina and other important factors of living.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Thanks! I'll check it out.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Hm, it means you don't have Adobe Flash Player installed on your thing... Flashplayer also helps you view slideshows in some webpages.

Flashplayer can usually be downloaded from Adobe's site: get.adobe.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Awesome! Thanks! Always wanted to see what my IQ was without having to do all those maths; not many people went to university, and most people know only the maths they really need.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Why does getting a average score make me feel that I'm stupid.

edit on 23/3/2014 by skuly because: maybe i like to think of myself as smart but........

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Your not stupid, as another poster mentioned that tests only two areas. Everyone is scoring lower on this test than other IQ tests. Not just you.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Try the other one I linked to in my first post. It gave me a score much closer to what my average is, a 30 pt difference!

This thing tests one area of intelligence, and if it's not your strength, you won't score as high. Most everyone here is scoring lower than what they normally do. I had my husband take it just to see. His average runs in the 140s, and he scored a 130 on this one and pattern recognition and spatial manipulation are some of his stronger suits.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That was a fun test. I enjoyed it very much. I read earlier that us chicks are not supposed to be too good at mental 3d manipulation and all that, but it is not something I have a problem with. Comes in well handy when figuring out how to put pieces together when dressmaking. I can't remember what question number I was on when it timed me out and gave me my score (126) at which point I was a bit disappointed coz I was quite enjoying working out the puzzles, reminded me a bit of when I used to play Myst.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

It doesn't mean you can't be good at it as a woman. There are two explanations for you - one is that you are an exception and happen to be good at it. It happens. The other is that your brain can be trained over time to do things it's not naturally inclined to do. If you practice the skill all the time, and it sounds like you do, you can train your brain to become adept at it even if you weren't originally inclined toward it. Or it could be a mix of the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join