It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families: Malaysia is 'fooling' the world, Concealing Truth About MH370

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by gardener

Remember even the Chinese Government is pushing Malaysia to ante up ALL of the information they have, what that info is, no-one knows, but somehow other governments think they aren't being told the WHOLE story as to what and when the Malayaisan's knew it.. Could be something as simple as a note left by a pilot stating they were going to do this we just don't know.

Interesting observation you have made. Having lived in Malaysia for several years, this is actually a very real possibility. It could very well be just as simple as that, disturbing as that may be. 'Save face' is a huge cultural thing in Malaysia. That an indigenous Malay would willfully commit an act like this would be an unprecedented national disgrace beyond comprehension to Malaysians!

Honor is also right up there with the 'save face' concept culturally, especially upwards through the 'food chain'. It is imperative to not bring disgrace upon your superiors, your elders, your imam or your family. If someone at a lower level, say a police investigator, or local captain, found such a note they would be very apprehensive to give it to their superiors (and their superiors to their superiors and so on) because they know the disgrace it would bring. They might be more likely to destroy such a document. In their mind, the truth will come out eventually..."so why should I be the one who supplies the evidence which brings disgrace upon my culture, my nation, my religion?"

Something to think about.

edit on 3/23/2014 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Flyingclaydisk

vkey08
reply to post by gardener

Remember even the Chinese Government is pushing Malaysia to ante up ALL of the information they have, what that info is, no-one knows, but somehow other governments think they aren't being told the WHOLE story as to what and when the Malayaisan's knew it.. Could be something as simple as a note left by a pilot stating they were going to do this we just don't know.

Interesting observation you have made. Having lived in Malaysia for several years, this is actually a very real possibility. It could very well be just as simple as that, disturbing as that may be. 'Save face' is a huge cultural thing in Malaysia. That an indigenous Malay would willfully commit an act like this would be an unprecedented national disgrace beyond comprehension to Malaysians!

Honor is also right up there with the 'save face' concept culturally, especially upwards through the 'food chain'. It is imperative to not bring disgrace upon your superiors, your elders, your imam or your family. If someone at a lower level, say a police investigator, or local captain, found such a note they would be very apprehensive to give it to their superiors (and their superiors to their superiors and so on) because they know the disgrace it would bring. They might be more likely to destroy such a document. In their mind, the truth will come out eventually..."so why should I be the one who supplies the evidence which brings disgrace upon my culture, my nation, my religion?"

Something to think about.

You make an interesting exposition on Malaysian cultural philosophies, but your theory fails due to your own reasons...

It would be much more beneficial and less "disgraceful" to openly admit that a single and rogue pilot did this, than to hide evidence he did it, and let the dishonor and responsibility fall on the shoulders of the whole Malaysian leadership.

Since the disappearance of the plane, they have been the target of all the frustration and doubt. If they had any evidence that would show they weren't responsible, or that they aren't incompetent regarding the searches, then they would clearly show it.

A letter written by one of the pilots saying "I did this" would, like you said, save the face of the whole Malaysian government and aviation entities.

They are taking the fall for this.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

That may be true for 'western' thinking, but that's not how Malaysian's would see it. I could cite literally hundreds of situations where I experienced, in person, what I am saying here. For whatever reason they don't process things that way. Malays are very protective of their culture, almost to the point of being blinded (short sighted) by it...missing the forrest, but for the trees so to speak.

Malaysia is made up of three principle cultures, indigenous Malaysians, Indians and Chinese. Obviously, there are many other cultures there, but those are the principle ones. Depending on who you talk to those cultures are about evenly divided now in terms of population. The populations of the Chinese and Indian elements are rapidly growing in comparison to the true Malays. In my time there I had numerous Malaysians tell me how their culture was under attack from outside influences (namely the Chinese and Indian elements). They told me how their culture was being lost. In fact, this theme even made it into government initiatives. For example, from 95-98 (when I was in Malaysia) English went from a mandatory language in schools to being a secondary language. Bahasa Malaysia (the national language) has fewer than 1/3 of the words in it than English does, and of them very few are technically descriptive words. Yet, all Malaysian schools were directed to use Bahasa Malaysia as the teaching language. Many Malaysians even thought this was a mistake, but they wouldn't publicly say so. So when math and science skills and test scores started going downhill in comparison to other countries they alleged they couldn't understand why. In their hearts they knew why (because you cannot successfully teach complex subjects in a language which lacks the technical detail to describe those subjects), but the policies remained. In fact, they may still be that way now. This is but single example. Even though they knew the right thing to do, nationalistic pride prevented them from doing it.

I could go on and on about Dr. M's "Vision 20/20" and how it was full of things like this.

Now I'm sure someone will be along shortly to flame me about how Malaysia was a British commonwealth and the English language was a product of that, which is true, but it still doesn't change the fact that Bahasa Malaysia is not a technically descriptive language. So, it's kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join