It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families: Malaysia is 'fooling' the world, Concealing Truth About MH370

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

If anything is evil, FALSE HOPE IS EVIL. It is deception and lies that serve only the party enacting/telling them- IT IS COWARDICE. Hope is the ultimate motivation for survival. But FALSE HOPE leads to death and destruction.

Those passengers are dead.
There is no hope for them.

But that doesn't mean all is lost for the surviving loved ones/families.

but giving FALSE HOPE that their loved ones may be alive (at this point) is CRUEL AND RIDICULOUS.

edit on 22-3-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yes. The humane thing to do is indulge families with false hope. It is a part of a grieving process (denial) that they'll need to work out. They are humans, the key element of the word "humane". We are only partially logical creatures. That is part of the "higher self". The base self, the animal/biological organism that we are has a process to go through as well. Logic doesn't work on neurochemical transmitters. So those emotions will need to work themselves out over time. Before that can happen, they'll need closure, which is what they are seeking in the video's here.

If you want to be humane, you have to start by treating them with the patience and understanding of human/human interaction. That is called "sympathy" and "polite"....two important human sociological norms.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ltinycdancerg
reply to post by andy1972

If anything is evil, FALSE HOPE IS EVIL. It is deception and lies that serve only the party enacting/telling them- IT IS COWARDICE. Hope is the ultimate motivation for survival. But FALSE HOPE leads to death and destruction.

Those passengers are dead.
There is no hope for them.

But that doesn't mean all is lost for the surviving loved ones/families.

but giving FALSE HOPE that their loved ones may be alive (at this point) is CRUEL AND RIDICULOUS.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. That is a mantra that should be used by more people, far more often.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

you've clearly never been strung along and manipulated by a lover.

smh.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is a line between rational and cold hearted that I think most of you should be reminded of.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

ltinycdancerg

you've clearly never been strung along and manipulated by a lover.

smh.

Oh, well i have. But it is kind of not the same thing, being jilted or having your children die. I mean...i get what you are saying. But surely that isn't the context you are giving us your opinion in?

I have had a bad lover experience as a young adult. Yeah, i was sad and it all sucked. But i wasn't dumb enough to let that go on. All that aside, however....just a moment of pondering a "what if" scenario of losing my wife or kids gives me sweats, a rapid heartbeat, and a sick feeling in my stomache. I can't even stand the thought....i can't imagine the depth of the black that would overcome me in true, utter despair.

I have to stop typing about it. But you get my point.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Hope" is what is probally keeping some of the many loved ones from going out side and sticking a barrell in their mouths and ending it all. When all is lost and only hope remains....no one should take that away from these people. BFFT said it best, the thought of losing my family in a flash is more than I could bear as a person. Let em have their hope.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Truth sets people free- free to move on and live their lives.
Obsessing and living on false hope is deceitful and cruel.
A person motivated by false hope is living a lie and often is consumed and psychologically destroyed by that false hope.

This is human behavior 101- I'm honestly baffled that you support lying and false hope.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I'm not one for speculation.. what i do find strange is how some information has been dropped from the official discussion.
1. the 20 Freescale Semiconductor employees on-board.

2. The 2 Men on board with stolen passports. (i find it strange that there is 2. pilot/co-pilot?.. and also the obvious issues with the photos of the men that were released.)

3. The reports made by the families that the passengers phones were still ringing and showing at least one of them online on a social network days after the disappearance. (this alone adds fuel to the families fire.. and for those of you have never lost a family member, learning something like this makes it even harder)

i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this an accident, nor would i jump to the conclusion that it was somehow a hijacking either....
i keep a close eye on the media. and stateside the news all day has been about the search and nothing but speculation with the facts ignored (that always gets my attention). Something doesn't smell right about any of this. I dont know what it is. maybe i just need to change my own socks. but one thing i do not do is take information on faith.

maybe we will find it at the bottom of the ocean. but until then nothing is known with any kind of certainty. I do feel for those families, loosing a loved on is hard.. not knowing what happened to them is probably the most difficult kind of loss. So please think about that before opening your self absorbed mouth to say they "need to get over it"

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

It seems you do not understand the difference between compassion and cruelty.

If my family member is missing for 14 days, and no physical sign of wreckage exists....damn straight i am holding out hope. I am also preparing myself for the worst, beginning my grieving.

But grieving is a process. What you call "false hope", a grief counselor would call "denial", and would recognize as part of the process.

Don't put words in my mouth. Read what i am saying. Apply it in context to what I am saying. Only an idiot would drag out a false hope for years and years. But 14 days after a plane goes missing, no sign of wreckage, and a haphazard investigation....you are telling me they should go ahead, close their estates, and begin liquidation? I think you are far, far to quick to put a fork in this. Humans still have an emotional process to work through. Humans who were actually related to people who are missing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
"Hope" is what is probally keeping some of the many loved ones from going out side and sticking a barrell in their mouths and ending it all. When all is lost and only hope remains....no one should take that away from these people. BFFT said it best, the thought of losing my family in a flash is more than I could bear as a person. Let em have their hope.

Each of them, in their own time and own way, will likely come to terms with any loss they have suffered. Those that don't...they may wish to seek professional help. Being Malaysia, i would have no idea what cultural norms are like in regards to psychology.

But that is how it works. Some folks actually have to try to drag themselves back up out of an emotional death.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I agree- false hope is denial. which yes, is part of the grieving process; HOWEVER, encouraging/enabling denial is a terrible thing to do.
Perhaps I am not communicating this distinction clearly.
I am not asserting that the families should just 'get over it' or criticizing their behavior.
I am referring to the rest of us- be their shoulder, hold them, lift them up. But DO NOT ENABLE AND ENCOURAGE DELUSIONAL THINKING.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Why so harsh? I usually enjoy your comments...but, boy, somebody hit a nerve.

I agree that this whole thing is not going to end well, however, from what little we have learned about the family members, most appear older or elderly, as in parents or grandparents of those missing...who knows what they have to return home to? Especially with China's one child policy...

The majority of the the "survivors" will probably come out of the shock portion of grief shortly, and with or without answers, return home of their own volition. However, let them have their hope if that is what gets them through the night.

Death is surreal no matter what the cause.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

chrismarco

I'm surprised some ATS members are not chiming in saying that these people are actors and there were no passengers on the plane...damn shame..
edit on 22-3-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

LOL so true, so true. Well stated! I find the automatic knee jerk reaction to anything that happens to be some govt conspiracy to be hilarious
. Anyone with actual experience dealing with the govt knows how inept they are. Sure, the NSA gathers all this data on everyone (I am concerned...yes, very much so) but the honest truth is that they cannot even find everyone who cheats on their taxes, they cannot find everyone who commits a crime. If they want to gather info on a specific person, then yeah, look out (unless the data is lost or compromised in some way lol) but our govt is not terribly effective nor efficient. Hell...just look at Obamacare. Wait, sorry, the (Un) Affordable Care Act.

There is a leaning here towards wanting to believe there is a conspiracy of some kind by many. Zero evidence of a conspiracy=conspiracy fer shure! apparently. Perhaps the lizard people are responsible? Yeah, that's it!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

TheTalentedMrBryant
There is a line between rational and cold hearted that I think most of you should be reminded of.

Line between rational and irrational.

Line between compassionate and cold-hearted.

People have a propensity for denying the truth when that truth is traumatic.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

schuyler

Golantrevize

How can you go on and pretend that your relative is dead if there is still a chance of them being alive? What you are saying is non sense. AS slim as it might be, these people might still be alive.

It may not be what they or you want to hear, but it isn't "nonsense." They're dead. Being delusional about it is what is "nonsense."

I hope you are wrong.

The accepted view at this stage is the plane was taken off course on purpose with radio communications and other location devices terminated, and no wreckage or floating debris has been found. Those facts alone, along with the possibility of rogue governments (history shows it has happened many a time) or the terrorist angle involvement are plenty to say there are many possibilities that make it uncertain as to what has happened and where theplane is, which means that no one including you can official say they are dead.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I mean, I've never heard families amassing just days after a major dissapearance of HUNDREDS of people to call authorities out..

Haven't you?

Look, i'll let you into a little known secret.

I'm British, and you think you know, together with most of the world, that we British are a stiff upper-lipped, reserved bunch?

When it comes to our family, we would have our hands around the necks of those 'officials' in less than five minutes...believe me, that's not an exaggeration.

And no, most of our water does NOT contain fluoride...not that it would matter if it did...we'd just strangle them in a calmer manner...we don't have the most CCTV cameras per person in the entire world for nothing.

Good luck to these people and good on them.

I wouldn't have waited this long, and i wouldn't be shouting across a room to get my answers, but fair play to them..i really hope they get back the people they're looking for.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

schuyler

Golantrevize

How can you go on and pretend that your relative is dead if there is still a chance of them being alive? What you are saying is non sense. AS slim as it might be, these people might still be alive.

It may not be what they or you want to hear, but it isn't "nonsense." They're dead. Being delusional about it is what is "nonsense."

The only delusional one is you for not understanding a statement like that makes you a cold hearted jerk. Of course they hold out hope, and honestly they should. Why, because there is absolutely zero evidence that the plane has crashed.

Hello captain jerk, no evidence. It would be different if they found something but so far not even a cushion, nothing.

Wow talk about a moron.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
2 pages in, I'm awfully overwhelmed by the numbers of ATS'ers writing off the family members' CONCERNS at this point 2 weeks into the disappearance, as FALSE HOPE.

It makes me think more people in the general public than I thought have that syndrome where people blurt out random cruel profanity constantly in the middle of whatever they say everyday, all the time practically.

Gee, I wonder why it is in that syndrome, persons blurt out cruel obscenities - why isn't there an analogous syndrome where folks blurt out random heartwarming messages in the middle of whatever they say, everyday, all the time practically?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

BeliefInReality

I blame the families' hysterical and irrational conspiracy theories on an emotional break brought about from losing their loved ones. What's your excuse? And why the needless verbal attack on America? That was just weird...

The plane is at the bottom of a very large ocean. It will be found one day, but that won't satisfy the nut jobs who will inevitable scream "cover up" and "planted evidence." Yes this was a sloppy investigation by a third world country who had neither the man power or expertise to address the problem.

This isn't a movie. Plane is down. Case closed.

A plane does not get from 35,000 feet up in the air to the bottom of the ocean without leaving some trace behind. If it explodes in the air, it leaves a radar signature for hours with all the debris, along with floating debris scattered all over a wide area (like the space shuttle disaster). If it hits the ocean at high velocity, it disintegrates into two or more pieces and leaves floating debris all around.
If it ran out of fuel, then it would still glide for some time until it reached the surface, then it would float.

Either we're looking in the wrong place, or it didn't crash. The fact that the engines were able to send out "pings", or just some simple messages meant the plane was still functional at those times, and somewhere along those paths.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join