It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Special Forces Storm Crimea Base

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Xcathdra

For someone who has claimed to work for Fox I would think you would know what an original investigative piece is.
By Iana Zagoruiko/ Published March 21, 2014 FoxNews.com
The information for the article came from -
* - Mykola Mikolayenko, mayor of Kherson
* - Olesya Mikheeva, spokeswoman
* - Yuri Odarchenko, Kherson's new governor

I didn't claim, I did work for fox, if you got a problem with that, it's your problem.

When somebody is QUOTED, it's not a "original investigative piece", it's QUOTE which REQUIRES a source.

Iana Zagoruiko writes for Fox,

Don't bother since it is apparent you don't know how this works.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Oh, OK then, you go and tell the world how it works then.

Feel free to stumble here, the place where all boys go to lear things;

"In journalism, a source is a person, publication, or other record or document that gives timely information. Outside journalism, sources are sometimes known as "news sources". Examples of sources include official records, publications or broadcasts, officials in government or business, organizations or corporations, witnesses of crime, accidents or other events, and people involved with or affected by a news event or issue."

en.wikipedia.org...

This part - "record or document that gives timely information"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

"We" as in the rest of the world.

I see Russia doing the same thing Germany tried in Poland. Putin will take and take. The west will talk and talk. Then the bleeding starts and history will repeat itself. People are far too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by renden

I see Russia doing the same thing Germany tried in Poland.

So which Germans Hitler went to Poland to save, from whom, and how many Pols voted to join Germany?

Feel free to be very specific and detailed in your comparison.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by renden

I see Russia doing the same thing Germany tried in Poland. Putin will take and take. The west will talk and talk. Then the bleeding starts and history will repeat itself. People are far too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

*Sigh* If we must make a Hither comparison, it's Austria not Poland. He annexed them to protect ethnic Germans and they largely wanted it that way. As one old timey reporter put it "Hither raped Austria, and Austria liked it." (Paraphrase)
I don't think they got a chance to vote though. It would have been identical turn out to the referendum in Crimea if they had IMO.
Damn it, I fell in the internet Hitler trap. I swore to myself I wouldn't.
edit on 25-3-2014 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

Be as obtuse as you want to be.

I was making reference to putting his special forces troops in civilian clothes and sending them into his neighboring countries.

Russia did it in Crimea and said they were protesters, Germany did it and said they could not stand by and allow Germans to be abused. It's the same event only the politics have changed.

You are a sympathizer. It makes sense that you would back Putin no matter what he does. However, you can't change facts

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

200Plus

You are a sympathizer.

I'm a realist. If Hitler does it it's bad, if Putin does it he's Hitler, if USA does it - it's freedom and democracy.

It makes sense that you would back Putin no matter what he does. However, you can't change facts

I'm not backing Putin, I don't have to, over 100 million Russians already doing it.

Those are the facts.

If you want to start counting how many governments US has overthrown versus Russia, you'll loose.

That's a fact too.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

Actually with the Baltic states thrown in and the lower Siberian regions as well, it may be a closer race than either of us think.

It would Depend on how far back we want to compare. Currently as Russia is a shell of it's former self and the US is struggling to maintain it's super power status, or from the standing as of 1950 to present?

Neither nation has clean hands as we both are well aware.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Finally - the fact Obama has no spine and made the statement in the media the US wont get involved militarily in Ukraine. I don't know about you, but that pretty much gave Putin a free pass.

For all the democracy talk you preach... You ruin it by stating that the US has a right to occupy a foreign country just to fight the Russians in a war that the world has tried so hard to avoid since 1946.

What if Russia were to invade the Middle East and start pushing US forces out, or if China and the DPRK were to push the Americans out of Asia? Would that show some backbone?
edit on 28-3-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join