It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Special Forces Storm Crimea Base

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yusomad

Xcathdra

Yusomad

Xcathdra
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I give it a week before Russia invades the East and South of Ukraine.

You have been telling us similar for the last 10 days, anything new?

Russia has been sending in special forces in those areas to continue the unrest.

Russia agreed to OSCE observers to enter and look around, but then told them they were not allowed in Crimea.
The continued increase of Russian forces along the border in the East and South.

The Russian troops that crossed over from Crimea into Ukraine proper, taking a city / gas plant.

Their continued coverage of "unrest" in the south and east.

Finally - the fact Obama has no spine and made the statement in the media the US wont get involved militarily in Ukraine. I don't know about you, but that pretty much gave Putin a free pass.

also, its been a few days, not a week.
edit on 22-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

So, some perceived (on your part) wrongdoing by the russians, who are just shoring the crimean border against the coupist forces and the likely inflow of refugees form western ukraine after the neonazis in power have their way.

So nothing new then?

New Ukraine province in play as ethnic Russians push new secession referendum

New? I guess not really since we knew Russia was going to attempt to carve Ukraine up.

KHERSON, Ukraine – As Ukraine appears to have all but conceded Crimea to Moscow, Ukranians in Kherson, the province just north of the peninsula, are believed to be pushing a secession vote of their own in what a local leader angrily denounced as "treason."

The province has a huge Russian speaking population, and a vote - particularly with politicking from Russia - could go against Kiev as did last Sunday’s referendum in Crimea. In addition to a major push from ethnic Russian politicians, the proposal in Kherson could be boosted by the presence of Russian soldiers, pro-Moscow protesters and the kind of propaganda Ukraine accused Moscow of engaging in before the Crimea vote.

“We will not allow the country to be broken up further,” Mykola Mikolayenko, mayor of the province’s similarly named capital city, told a packed city council meeting Friday, where a referendum had been expected to be introduced. “If [pro-Russia] city council members want Kherson to join Russia, they better think again. It won't be tolerated. This is treason.”

The only thing different that I could see is Ukraine actually fighting to retain control of that province.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Liars. Never trust anyone. Ever. And never give up your nukes.

Ukraine's Broken Nuclear Promises

That deal, known as the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, was not a formal treaty but a diplomatic memorandum of understanding. Still, the terms couldn't be clearer: Russia, the U.S. and U.K. agreed "to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine...reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine."

edit on 3/23/2014 by ~Lucidity because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This really is exciting. Definite nuclear exchange potential as this develops

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

200Plus
Let them have their head and let the soldiers get their bravado into a full charge. It will make things a lot easier when/if we have to go in an lay them down.

We as in whom?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Xcathdra

reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Russia has been sending in special forces in those areas to continue the unrest.

Russia agreed to OSCE observers to enter and look around, but then told them they were not allowed in Crimea.
The continued increase of Russian forces along the border in the East and South.

The Russian troops that crossed over from Crimea into Ukraine proper, taking a city / gas plant.

Dude, are you a reporter?

WHERE ARE YOUR SOURCES????

I too can just say all kinds of things with a serous face. Look;

American B-2 stealth bombers made targeting flights over Putins office in Kremlin. American Air Force intelligence reports Russian air defense ineffectiveness against latest generation stealth UAV.

Cool ha?

In other news, Elfs made assurances to supply aid to Middle Earth magic potion shortage.

In sports, three legged bearded women scored 7:1 against paraolympic dwarfs.

In weather news, apocalyptic flood has been canceled for this week, and is rescheduled until further noticed.

Kind of like that. I hope you enjoyed that. Please tell us more about Crimea and bad Russians.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

namehere
reply to post by Bellor

huh? as i recall criema was part of ukraine not russia so what nonsense are you speaking of? this is getting comical with how far people are going to defend russia, russia invades yet the ones they invaded and occupy are called the invaders?

How do you recall that? Here you go, refresh your memory with facts;

en.wikipedia.org...

Look in the "history" part. Krushchev signed it over to Soviet Ukraine with out a referendum in 1954. Nobody in Crimea was asked nor notified about it. Same thing happened in 1992, when after collapse of USSR, Crimeans literally woke up in a another country with their money being no longer valid. Ukraine has absorbed Crimea with out a referendum or notification of actual Crimeans.

Crimea was never legally part of Ukraine since the population never got to vote for it, until now, and they voted Russia. End of story.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Liars. Never trust anyone. Ever. And never give up your nukes.

That's right, and if Ukraine wouldn't of gotten rid of their nuclear weapons, now Ukraine would of been the only nuclear armed Neo-Nazi government.

i guess these days Neo-Nazis are cool again. Congrats to Neo-Nazis, good job dudes, Americans love you.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Xcathdra

New Ukraine province in play as ethnic Russians push new secession referendum

New? I guess not really since we knew Russia was going to attempt to carve Ukraine up.

KHERSON, Ukraine – As Ukraine appears to have all but conceded Crimea to Moscow, Ukranians in Kherson, the province just north of the peninsula, are believed to be pushing a secession vote of their own in what a local leader angrily denounced as "treason."

The province has a huge Russian speaking population, and a vote - particularly with politicking from Russia - could go against Kiev as did last Sunday’s referendum in Crimea. In addition to a major push from ethnic Russian politicians, the proposal in Kherson could be boosted by the presence of Russian soldiers, pro-Moscow protesters and the kind of propaganda Ukraine accused Moscow of engaging in before the Crimea vote.

“We will not allow the country to be broken up further,” Mykola Mikolayenko, mayor of the province’s similarly named capital city, told a packed city council meeting Friday, where a referendum had been expected to be introduced. “If [pro-Russia] city council members want Kherson to join Russia, they better think again. It won't be tolerated. This is treason.”

The only thing different that I could see is Ukraine actually fighting to retain control of that province.

Dude, thanks for a reference, to FOX....

This is total fabrication, and no such person as "Mykola Mikolayenko" exists. Fact check that. Actual mayor of Kherson is Vladimir Mikolayenko.

So where's FOXs reference?

This is blatant disinformation, and considering the defacto state of information war, that should say something.
edit on 23-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

renden
Dude, thanks for a reference, to FOX....

Anytime.. Its more reliable than RT anyways.

renden
This is total fabrication, and no such person as "Mykola Mikolayenko" exists. Fact check that. Actual mayor of Kherson is Vladimir Mikolayenko.

You would be wrong...
Kherson - Main website link
Mykola Mikolayenko Bio - Kherson Main city Website - translated to English

renden

Listed in the article as well as the main website for Kherson.

renden
This is blatant disinformation, and considering the defacto state of information war, that should say something.
edit on 23-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

Not really.. next time do your due diligence and research the info before screaming its propaganda.

Is there any other info I can clarify for you? Or do you dismiss info because the first name was wrong? If that's the only reason you dismissed the info then the pro Russians are more desperate than I thought.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

XcathdraAnytime.. Its more reliable than RT anyways.

LOL! Right, FOX person, good luck with that.

You would be wrong...
Kherson - Main website link
Mykola Mikolayenko Bio - Kherson Main city Website - translated to English

Yeap, me - not wrong, FOX, wrong again!

Миколаенко Владимир Васильевич; Vladimir - first name, Mikolayenko - last name. There is no such person as -> "Mykola Mikolayenko", FOX strikes again.

renden

Listed in the article as well as the main website for Kherson.

While at it, please provide the exact link FOX used Google to incorrectly translate and make crap up as the went along, I'll take a look at it just to see how badly they butchered it.

Not really.. next time do your due diligence and research the info before screaming its propaganda.

Is there any other info I can clarify for you? Or do you dismiss info because the first name was wrong? If that's the only reason you dismissed the info then the pro Russians are more desperate than I thought.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Due diligence done, and I will always dismiss FOX, because at one time i worked for fox, and know all well what kind of a kitchen it is behind the screen. Have you worked for fox? If not, you got nothing to tell me about it, and i'm the one that can clarify thing to you.

p/s/ Oh now ur editing, OK then

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
OMG

I'm shocked how the information is given in foreign news.
I read the same story in Russian and it was completely different. Our news say that Ukranian forces were not armed at all (all of the weapons were locked by an order of head of the base (sorry I'm not ussed to all army terms and special words)). There was no firing at all, and NO victims at all.
Also I have a feeling that the videos posted here are a fake (made up from random videos and pics).
Here are the most full videos I've found

Before the sturm (shot at Ukranian base)

The base encircled and sturmed

Armed vehicle gets inside the base

Unknown men take off the cam

The base taken over by Russian

Quck overview in Russian here - drugoi.livejournal.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

renden
Yeap, me - not wrong, FOX, wrong again!

Do you always make it personal and assume facts?

renden
Миколаенко Владимир Васильевич; Vladimir - first name, Mikolayenko - last name. There is no such person as -> "Mykola Mikolayenko", FOX strikes again.

They got the first name wrong, as did you when you corrected it. using your logic I guess you both are intentionally lying then right?

renden
While at it, please provide the exact link FOX used Google to incorrectly translate and make crap up as the went along, I'll take a look at it just to see how badly they butchered it.

Resolved by linking you to the Kherson website, which I did the last post where you pushed this.

renden
Due diligence done, and I will always dismiss FOX, because at one time i worked for fox, and know all well what kind of a kitchen it is behind the screen. Have you worked for fox? If not, you got nothing to tell me about it, and i'm the one that can clarify thing to you.

LOL - riiight... dismissal by claim with no facts. A typical Russian tactic. Try again.. I am not Russian so it takes more than just telling me I have to believe something.

renden

It happens when I add information to my posts after posting them. Just as the bulk of people do on this site. Or is that another subtle way you are trying to undermine other people's posts? Insinuate something in hopes that those who don't think on their own will just jump on the insinuation train with you?

See what happened there?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Do you always make it personal and assume facts?

I worked for FOX, it's not personal, it's professional.

renden

They got the first name wrong, as did you when you corrected it. using your logic I guess you both are intentionally lying then right?

I didn't change anything, I added the ps. I also don't know where Jimmy Hoffa and Lindbergh baby bodies are, in case that's the next thing you will be accusing me of.

renden

Resolved by linking you to the Kherson website, which I did the last post where you pushed this.

WHERE IS THE PAGE FOX ATTEMPTED TO TRANSLATE? If this is your job, you suck at it and no, you do not deserve a raise.

renden

LOL - riiight... dismissal by claim with no facts. A typical Russian tactic. Try again.. I am not Russian so it takes more than just telling me I have to believe something.

A typical Russian tactic? Oky doky then. If you can't read it's your problem. Really, if you refuse to read provided facts and choose to simply DENY, REFUSE and REJECT reality, you are a just another zombie. Humans think, feel and respond as human do. You just deny deny deny and lie lie lie.

renden

It happens when I add information to my posts after posting them. Just as the bulk of people do on this site. Or is that another subtle way you are trying to undermine other people's posts? Insinuate something in hopes that those who don't think on their own will just jump on the insinuation train with you?

See what happened there?

You didn't add information, you've changed it after you figured out that FOX indeed messed up yet another propaganda piece. FOX is incompetent not because they can't get it right, but because they are refusing to even pay well to professionals that can lie for them professionally. It's their choice not because they are cheap, but because the entire HR structure is based on paranoid psychoopathic cult of lies.

I've been there, I know, that's why I'm personally familiar with your type of character. It really is nothing personal, because your personality is not unique, it was mass produced like yet another product

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

renden
I worked for FOX, it's not personal, it's professional.

Only if it had anything to do with the question / comment posed.

renden
I didn't change anything, I added the ps. I also don't know where Jimmy Hoffa and Lindbergh baby bodies are, in case that's the next thing you will be accusing me of.

Obfuscate much?

renden
WHERE IS THE PAGE FOX ATTEMPTED TO TRANSLATE? If this is your job, you suck at it and no, you do not deserve a raise.

Read the article... If you did you would see where the story originated from.

renden
A typical Russian tactic? Oky doky then. If you can't read it's your problem. Really, if you refuse to read provided facts and choose to simply DENY, REFUSE and REJECT reality, you are a just another zombie. Humans think, feel and respond as human do. You just deny deny deny and lie lie lie.

Ive posted the sources I use in my posts. Even then, when it comes from sources like Voice of Russia or RT, people either ignore it or they obfuscate so they are not forced to admit Russian media could possibly be lying. Secondly it requires more than just reading an article. People should research the information to determine if its accurate or not, as I have done with the Impeachment of Yanukovych - using BOTH western and Russian media sources in addition to Ukrainian government documents.

Yet they still say there was a coup in Kiev, which there was not, that Crimea was not invaded, which it was and that the actions to date meet international criteria for elections, which it does not.

I've made the attempt to support my positions. Others have dismissed it with nothing to support the position, as you are doing now.

renden
You didn't add information, you've changed it after you figured out that FOX indeed messed up yet another propaganda piece. FOX is incompetent not because they can't get it right, but because they are refusing to even pay well to professionals that can lie for them professionally. It's their choice not because they are cheap, but because the entire HR structure is based on paranoid psychoopathic cult of lies.

Thank you for proving my point.. Accusing me of editing something in an effort to portray me as something I am not. Typical tactic used when the facts cannot be attacked - attack the person and hope no one notices the facts were not refuted.

Fox messed up the guys name, which you umped on and tried to dismiss the information as a lie. The problem is you ALSO messed up the guys first name. Does that mean you are lying as well? I mean if its a lie when Fox does it....

renden
I've been there, I know, that's why I'm personally familiar with your type of character. It really is nothing personal, because your personality is not unique, it was mass produced like yet another product

Yet you still have no clue what the discussion is over and you show that by once again launching personal attacks instead of refuting the information provided. Just as RT does...

Yet absolutely nothing in your posts have anything to do with the topic. How about rejoining the conversation instead of telling us you worked and quit FoxNews. If we want to concentrate on that we can go to the thread where the 2 US RT employees quit instead of pushing Russian propaganda / lies.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

What was Illegal about the vote or was it because a banker puppet know as Obama said so.

The Crimea cannot be invaded by Russia unless we say that all the military bases across Europe are part of an invasion fleet.

People in the Crimea have voted and just because a few neo-nazi's hold on to a patch of Crimea's land does not mean that they had any right to raise guns and shoot Russians or can we have open season on Americans based in Europe too.

Sorry but you seem to have things a bit back to front from what I can see

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

renden

Read the article... If you did you would see where the story originated from.

So where is that article? Link it.

Yet they still say there was a coup in Kiev, which there was not, that Crimea was not invaded, which it was and that the actions to date meet international criteria for elections, which it does not.

I've made the attempt to support my positions. Others have dismissed it with nothing to support the position, as you are doing now.

When US paid armed Nazi thugs in masks raid military weapon storage, and shoot their way into government, it's called an armed coup. Oh wait, that's right, not when US sponsors it, then it's called "democracy".

renden
Fox messed up the guys name, which you umped on and tried to dismiss the information as a lie. The problem is you ALSO messed up the guys first name. Does that mean you are lying as well? I mean if its a lie when Fox does it....

No I didn't. Where did I mess it up? You're seeing things man.

Yet absolutely nothing in your posts have anything to do with the topic. How about rejoining the conversation instead of telling us you worked and quit FoxNews. If we want to concentrate on that we can go to the thread where the 2 US RT employees quit instead of pushing Russian propaganda / lies.

No way dude, I don't think your even alive, my opinion is that your a chat bot pumping public opinion control. Are you a robot?

Do you have a soul? Tell me how your soul feels

RT was a false flag set up, its been proves as a hoax. Whoaaaa, whoaaaa.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

VirusGuard
reply to post by ProfessorT

What was Illegal about the vote or was it because a banker puppet know as Obama said so.

The Crimea cannot be invaded by Russia unless we say that all the military bases across Europe are part of an invasion fleet.

People in the Crimea have voted and just because a few neo-nazi's hold on to a patch of Crimea's land does not mean that they had any right to raise guns and shoot Russians or can we have open season on Americans based in Europe too.

Sorry but you seem to have things a bit back to front from what I can see

Right on!

Fight the machines

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

renden
So where is that article? Link it.

Read the posts.. You are the one that questioned the article which means you have already read the article and had the link.
Its at the very top of this page - Are you really that lazy?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

renden
When US paid armed Nazi thugs in masks raid military weapon storage, and shoot their way into government, it's called an armed coup. Oh wait, that's right, not when US sponsors it, then it's called "democracy".

Link to sources to support your claim here.

renden

Lie much? - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Again in this thread on this page -

rendenDude, thanks for a reference, to FOX....

Mikolaenko Volodymyr Vasylyovych

Volodymyr.. not as you spelled it - Vladimir

Want to stop nitpicking now?

renden
No way dude, I don't think your even alive, my opinion is that your a chat bot pumping public opinion control. Are you a robot?

Obfuscation...

renden
Do you have a soul? Tell me how your soul feels

Obfuscation...

renden
RT was a false flag set up, its been proves as a hoax. Whoaaaa, whoaaaa.

Why are you even participating on this site? You have brought nothing other than the typical distractions that occur when a country, like Russia, wants the world to think they are something they are not.

Although you made everyone else's job easier when it comes to your posts and how they should be taken.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

renden
Read the posts.. You are the one that questioned the article which means you have already read the article and had the link.
Its at the very top of this page - Are you really that lazy?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude, it's the link to FOX article, not the ORIGINAL SOURCE they translated.

FOX does NOT EVEN LIST the source. That's journalism for you.

Let me explain to you how this works.

" “If [pro-Russia] city council members want Kherson to join Russia, they better think again. It won't be tolerated. This is treason.”

- Mykola Mikolayenko, mayor of Kherson"

That's called a quote, they are quoting somebody saying something, incorrectly, and with out a source for the original quite. Therefore, it's not news, it's make-believe.

If you can't tell the difference between factual information and make-believe, there's no point.

renden
Lie much? - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Again in this thread on this page -

rendenDude, thanks for a reference, to FOX....

Mikolaenko Volodymyr Vasylyovych

Volodymyr.. not as you spelled it - Vladimir
Want to stop nitpicking now?

LOL!

Dude, it is Vladimir, "Volodimir" is the way it's written in Ukrainian. Don't hold you're breath for anybody at FOX knowing the difference, guys like me quit that garbage heap long time ago.

Why are you even participating on this site? You have brought nothing other than the typical distractions that occur when a country, like Russia, wants the world to think they are something they are not.

OK then, confirm for me that the purpose of this site is anti-Russian propaganda full of dedicated russophobes, and all will be clear.

Although you made everyone else's job easier when it comes to your posts and how they should be taken.

And what would "their job" be? Anti-Russian russophobia? Should i be expecting a late night visit from the company men regarding this? Will FBI be breaching my house by shotting hinges of my door and throwing flashbangs into busted windows?

Let me know if that what you had in mind, i'll have a chuckle.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

renden
Dude, it's the link to FOX article, not the ORIGINAL SOURCE they translated.

FOX does NOT EVEN LIST the source. That's journalism for you.

For someone who has claimed to work for Fox I would think you would know what an original investigative piece is.
By Iana Zagoruiko/ Published March 21, 2014 FoxNews.com
The information for the article came from -
* - Mykola Mikolayenko, mayor of Kherson
* - Olesya Mikheeva, spokeswoman
* - Yuri Odarchenko, Kherson's new governor

renden
Let me explain to you how this works.

Don't bother since it is apparent you don't know how this works.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join