It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Eulerian Video Magnification technology applied to Alien Interview Video. What do you

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Excellent idea. As said before this could be amazing in reviewing speeches to find out how much is actually known.

In regards to the actual alien video I'm pretty sure that's a fake, my reasoning being....

They are using telepaths. Telepathy has not been proven to exist in any form as yet. And the aliens are the ones with the heightened abilities so a telepath would be pointless (if they were to exist in the first place).

The medical staff crouching over the little guy and working upside down instead of going from the front, or kneeling by it's side.
Also the clothing of the medical staff I find a little strange I would expect them to want more protection. This was covered by saying it's the lowest bio-containment level. But if it's called bio-containment they should require more containment than a paper mask.

And lastly the movement looks kinda like a puppet.

Can't prove it's fake but I can confidently say that it would be easy to fake especially when you have a script which lets you off on a few thing.

Poor lighting? (Comfort of the alien)
No biohazard suits? (We are safe from alien germs)
Poor medical procedures? (They are hired for their quiet skills over their medical skills)

It's a well done fake, in good lighting I don't think I would be so generous.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cerdofuego

I'm just wondering why that wouldn't be caused by the light in front of him reflecting off his head as he moves it around.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by Char-Lee

Wow incredible...now we could see if one of the people running for office is lying in their speech, they would show signs we could learn.

How stressed really is the president or Puten for instance. The people reporting on the lost plane...

I was thinking exactly the same thing. We should be able to see increased blood flow (flush response), breathing and pupil dilation with this software.

Pretty much a visual lie detector. But it would have to be high res images close to the face which shouldnt be hard these days.

edit on 22-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Does it have to be close to the face? I thought the changes would show regardless? I can see it now, wifes and husbands "answer that again with the camera on".

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Can someone use this software to analyze a known puppet, like a Muppet segment, please?

Maybe they show odd incremental changes too, related to lighting and movement that we'll need to take into account to analyze an unknown.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That scenario ( Husband & wife) could be interesting.

There are cops wearing cameras now days, will they be able to tell if the perps lying straight off the bat... vies versa, we can tell when the cops are lying about what went down.

As mentioned the pollies will come under scrutiny for every word that comes out of their lying gobs, NAH! they will ban it.

This is like the DNA of the camera world.

Big brother comes to every house hold, lying will be come a thing of the past, Johnny are you doing drugs.... look at the camera.

I'm scared.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nice work period! Now for MY OPINION, I think this "invisible video technology" limit is the subject need to be still with lighting/reflections changing. In the original video you can see the is a very narrow light source hitting subject, as it moves, this new video technology is interpreting the surrounding areas incorrectly, the variance in tone are coming from with out rather than within. Again great work and a great video to start with, I just think you've hit the limit of this new technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

LeviWardrobe

Please post your settings, as I am very familiar with this software and you appear to have ran this video through motion magnification, not color magnification. Color magnification is what would show a pulse. All we are seeing in this video is the trails and echoes of motion.

edit on 22-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

I've also been using this for a few days, I was able to get a pulse on the TEST videos especially the wrist on the site using
motion. As it's looking for fine movements and amplifying them.

On the sliders there are essentially instrustions telling you the FREQ of the heart beating and where to start.

I'll show my workings shortly, currently uploading an obama on russia speech on to their server to play with
using the same settings, I don't think it's going to work purely on the amount Obama moves around when speaking.

EDIT: the file uploaded but failed to process it with settings, some array error

edit on 31pm11pmSun, 23 Mar 2014 13:55:29 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

edit on 31pm22pmSun, 23 Mar 2014 14:02:04 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Char-Lee

PhoenixOD

Wow incredible...now we could see if one of the people running for office is lying in their speech, they would show signs we could learn.

How stressed really is the president or Puten for instance. The people reporting on the lost plane...

I was thinking exactly the same thing. We should be able to see increased blood flow (flush response), breathing and pupil dilation with this software.

Pretty much a visual lie detector. But it would have to be high res images close to the face which shouldnt be hard these days.

edit on 22-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Does it have to be close to the face? I thought the changes would show regardless? I can see it now, wifes and husbands "answer that again with the camera on".

The requirements that MIT have set out say that the subject must take up most of the frame and be a high quality video and sensor.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
my Settings,

My result

If Embed doesn't work
edit on 31pm22pmSun, 23 Mar 2014 14:35:22 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmmm good thinking by the OP and I've never seen this video before but come on...a high level bio containment area with poor lighting that gets rushed by guys in paper masks who then set about giving medical aid from behind...?

Any entity that is part of a species that has mastered interstellar/interdimensional travel shouldn't ( or wouldn't) be treated so badly as just a few hints about how they do it would improve human science by 1000 years.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Can you give details on the camera used the reason being this information on the MIT site.

Tips for recording and processing videos:

At capture time:
- Minimize extraneous motion. Put the camera on a tripod. If appropriate, provide support for your subject (e.g. hand on a table, stable chair).
- Minimize image noise. Use a camera with a good sensor, make sure there is enough light.
- Record in the highest spatial resolution possible and have the subject occupy most of the frame. The more pixels covering the object of interest - the better the signal you would be able to extract.
- If possible, record/store your video uncompressed. Codecs that compress frames independently (e.g. Motion JPEG) are usually preferable over codecs exploiting inter-frame redundancy (e.g. H.264) that, under some settings, can introduce compression-related temporal signals to the video.

Most people will have cameras/mobile phones with small sensors that use a codec that compresses the video and many will not have read this in the first place.

So if anyone posts their own attempts information regarding equipment used would be useful.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Taggart

My result

If Embed doesn't work
edit on 31pm22pmSun, 23 Mar 2014 14:35:22 -050031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

Wow - nice job!

The thing that really interests me is that you can clearly see the pulse on the wrist on the right - except it's on the opposite side of the wrist from where one would normally "feel" for a pulse.

Is it just picking up the minute vibrations of that blood vessel? Also - why can't we see it on the artery where it would normally be found which should be closer to the top-center portion of that wrist?

Maybe my understanding of human anatomy is severely lacking...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerdofuego

all this 'proves' is that there's a person there as opposed to a puppet or animatronics. Human, 99.99999% likely yes, but a person still.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

LeviWardrobe

It doesn't matter how little experience I've had with the software. I [clearly] have had more experience than the OP, and I am 100% right in that post.

The software offers "motion" and "color" magnification. In regards to detecting a pulse, Color magnification detects changes of color on the surface of the skin resulting from increasecd/decreased blood at the surface. Basically, we "blush" very gently once every heart beat, as the capillaries near the surface of our skin are filled more with blood. The OP used motion magnification, not color magnification, and interpreted the results inccorectly.

Doesn't take a #ing rocket scientist to figure it out. It just takes a few hours with the software.

I was aiming to educate people with that post. Show people how to use the software. I was trying to deny ignorance. Not judge or mock anyone, like you are trying to do with me. Grow up for christ's sake.

You were right, that's why I had to reply to such a flippant post. But this tech has far reaching possibilities, and possible uses not even mentioned yet. It's not just about someone lying, or tense. It could be a drunk driver, or someone drinking who has a low tolerance to alchohol. It could be used long term in applications in health studies, in plant health studies, (colouration) maybe even engineering. The MIT guy did say they are only at the very beginning, first point signatures.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This thread has no sense at all.

People see an idea and think that an idea can change everything but are blind to the fact that it is not applicable to the subject we are talking about.

This video is to grany to use this effect. It is to low in resolution.

So please ATS dont put this effect on all videos just because you think its the "magical thing" that can show us things ...

IT CAn...but only with high resolution videos and the right settings.

The video you posted does not even USE the capability of this code. Its like you would have put a color effect on a picture and called it "motion translator". Not its not. You just added more contrast to it and a slow motion latency...
thats all.

But people flag it all over again. Because they don´t use their senses. They just look "at the words" they are using.

Thats the typical mindset of our world. Being blinded by words...

edit on 23-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What a load of crap.. It's a puppet. I dont need some new "radical" way of video analysation to tell me its a fake puppet.

It doesn't even blink!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

kauskau
This thread has no sense at all.

People see an idea and think that an idea can change everything but are blind to the fact that it is not applicable to the subject we are talking about.

This video is to grany to use this effect. It is to low in resolution.

So please ATS dont put this effect on all videos just because you think its the "magical thing" that can show us things ...

IT CAn...but only with high resolution videos and the right settings.

The video you posted does not even USE the capability of this code. Its like you would have put a color effect on a picture and called it "motion translator". Not its not. You just added more contrast to it and a slow motion latency...
thats all.

But people flag it all over again. Because they don´t use their senses. They just look "at the words" they are using.

Thats the typical mindset of our world. Being blinded by words...

edit on 23-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

That we know already, the OP knows that already, what you are saying is that far from being blinded by words, you haven't looked at too many.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Riffrafter

Taggart

My result

If Embed doesn't work

Wow - nice job!

The thing that really interests me is that you can clearly see the pulse on the wrist on the right - except it's on the opposite side of the wrist from where one would normally "feel" for a pulse.

Is it just picking up the minute vibrations of that blood vessel? Also - why can't we see it on the artery where it would normally be found which should be closer to the top-center portion of that wrist?

Maybe my understanding of human anatomy is severely lacking...

I don't think the movement is from the pulse. It's probably tiny movements of the muscles and sinews in the wrist, very small twitching that is magnified by the software.

The movement doesn't seem quite regular, like you would expect from heartbeats. Using the Eulerian color setting would show the pulse, I think.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

But this tech has far reaching possibilities, and possible uses not even mentioned yet. It's not just about someone lying, or tense. It could be a drunk driver, or someone drinking who has a low tolerance to alchohol. It could be used long term in applications in health studies, in plant health studies, (colouration) maybe even engineering. The MIT guy did say they are only at the very beginning, first point signatures.

I am very aware of the potential capabilities of this tech. I never said anything one way or another about that. You must have mixed me up with someone else.

Also, the motion magnification can detect a pulse. But only if there if a vessel a near enough to the surface of the skin, pronounced enough, and is properly lit. You definitely aren't detected any pulsing veins at the distance that the alien is in that video, especially considering the overall quality. Motion magnification works if you are filming a vessel up close, and if the entire scene is still.

edit on 23-3-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
in high enough resolution video it should pick up pupil dilation for lying. But you would have to be very close.

edit on 23-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join