It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Takes on Tea Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is interesting, though probably not surprising to many here. The mainstream GOP sees the Tea Party as a threat. Personally, I hope they both annihalate each other, but that's probably too much to ask for.

Romney Takes on Tea Party

www.newsmax.com... s_How&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Warning to people who haven't clicked on the link yet, it includes a massively huge picture of smiling Romney. (Not safe if you're eating at the time...)

How come Romney was fine 'N dandy with the Tea Party when he needed their votes? Can we say, once again, hypocrite?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
lol, I love this show, The Mad Hatters crazy, this should be a pretty amusing episode!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am of the firm opinion, that having a little r, or d, makes you not a Tea Party spokesperson. Tea Party in not republican or democrat, they simply attached themselves to the movement, and when the movement stopped, the MSM had started calling the Tea Party the republican party. Disseminate a threat by subsuming it. Doesn't make it true. Real Tea Party Members would have a little t next to their names, and not associate with pre-existing governmental agents, corporate shill representatives, or anything else of the corrupted nature of our 'government.'

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good theory, but I would bet anything that 98% of Tea Partiers are Republicans.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

signalfire
How come Romney was fine 'N dandy with the Tea Party when he needed their votes? Can we say, once again, hypocrite?

Because Romney was a phony candidate who had no real desire to win? His job was to make sure Obama didn't have a real opponent.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It would be nice if the Tea Party would just break away from the Republicans and create their own party.....or jump on the libertarian bandwagon.

The GOP is a lost cause.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It will happen. In fact, is happening as we speak.

If one looks at the Whigs and their demise, the similarities are obvious. The Whig party became so like the Tories that a grass-root movement protesting this direction ended up forming the Republican Party...and the demise of the Whigs.

The same situation is developing today.

Romney has made his choice. Much has changed since the last Presidential election, so I can't accuse Romney of hypocrisy.

The GOP leadership either thinks they have the next mid-terms locked up or else they don't care if they don't take advantage of the current mess. The are campaigning against the Tea party...not the Democrats.

Maintaining their power base is their goal. The political measuring stick is Obamacare. GOP for a "fix". Tea Party for removal. Simple.

The GOP establishment will lose control of the party or there will be a split into two parties with the eventual passing away of the Republican Party....

Cheer not, Democrats. The two camps will agree on blocking/stopping Obama with majority control of both houses....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Chronogoblin
I am of the firm opinion, that having a little r, or d, makes you not a Tea Party spokesperson. Tea Party in not republican or democrat, they simply attached themselves to the movement, and when the movement stopped, the MSM had started calling the Tea Party the republican party. Disseminate a threat by subsuming it. Doesn't make it true. Real Tea Party Members would have a little t next to their names, and not associate with pre-existing governmental agents, corporate shill representatives, or anything else of the corrupted nature of our 'government.'

Maybe you could be so kind as to point out a few Tea Party Democrats, because I can't think of one. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single Democrat that was supported by the Tea Party in any way. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that anyone forced the Tea Party to throw all their support behind Republicans and/or a few Libertarians. It was their choice, plain and simple.

While there might be a few things we agree on, like the fact that our government is under corporate control and/or that of their lobbyist, when it comes to making any attempts to correct the problem, one side of the political spectrum consistently jumps in to defend their practices and seems to be intent on idolizing them as job "Creators." Do you want to guess which side that is?

If anything, the Tea Party and the Democratic Party are polar opposites. IMO, If you're looking for a group of people who have the most in common with Libertarians and/or the Tea Party, I'd be checking out your local asylum for the mentally insane.

To CB328, F&S for the OP!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

sheepslayer247
It would be nice if the Tea Party would just break away from the Republicans and create their own party.....or jump on the libertarian bandwagon.

The GOP is a lost cause.

It doesn't matter. ANY third political party that manages to become viable in the United States is going to eventually be infiltrated by the same old people.

The problem is much bigger than a party name.
edit on 23-3-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Why are Romney's opinions still relevant? Almost every time he opened his mouth during the election a lie came out, and people pointed at the lie, and he kept pulling it back, hugged it to his breast, and sent it out again. So now he's the establishments point man to take on the Tea people? Which still means they like him, and are using him, even though he's a discredited liar. Where's Clint Eastwood when you need him (still the funniest episode of the entire election).
edit on 23-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

CB328
The mainstream GOP sees the Tea Party as a threat.

I've heard some things come out of Karl Rove that show he really does find them irritating. He can't control them and he's 'the man'. But at any rate .. the Tea Party of today isn't what it started out being. It started out as a really great idea but it got hijacked by the far right. Like the Occupy Wall Street movement started out great but got hijacked by the far left.

new topics

top topics

join