It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing plane: Did this ever get followed up? Coordinates inside.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Anyone remember this oil worker who claimed to have seen a burning plane. DATED 12th MARCH.

ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff has obtained a letter that an oil rig worker in Vietnam wrote to his employer claiming he saw Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 go down in flames.

Mr. Woodrufftweeted an image of the letter saying, “Oil rig worker claims in employer confirmed letter-he saw the plane go down. Vietnamese say they found nothing.”

The letter, by Michael Jerome McKay, alleges that he observed the plane “burning at a high altitude” while he was aboard the oil rig “Songa Mercur” off Vung Tau.

“The surface location of the observation is: Lat 08” 22’ 30.23” N; Long 108” 42’ 22.26” E,” he said.

Was this swept under the rug? I know the article mentions the Vietnamese investigated but found nothing, but did anyone else check?

Also a link to the picture of the alleged letter.

edit on 22-3-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What about the low flying plane spotted by "villagers"?
There were a lot of reports at the time....but I never hear follow up news these days.....
Too many agendas are competing over this tradgedy.....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I read a few articles indicating the Malaysian authorities had refuted those claims. I can't remember the sources, but they were likely correct, otherwise I'm sure they would be following up further.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

jrflipjr
I read a few articles indicating the Malaysian authorities had refuted those claims. I can't remember the sources, but they were likely correct, otherwise I'm sure they would be following up further.

This is pure noise unless you add information. Unless you intended to add noise, please update with the sources you mention.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Valid point. I'll continue researching.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I believe the villagers you refer to are located in Maldives.
That is near the southern tip of India. I was assured by a mod here that eye witnesses are "notoriously unreliable". Safe to ignore and/or forget I guess.

There are some inconsistencies in the local report. But with a group sighting of the same thing it gets stronger doesn't it? My guess is english translation problems. judge for yourself
source

much more believable is the Malaysian defense authority statement right?

Regarding reports that a plane was sighted in the Maldives, I can confirm Malaysia’s chief of the defence force has contacted his counterparts in the Maldives who has confirmed that these reports are not true,” he said.

move along....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It does say that the contents of the letter might be hoaxed, and that it was being investigated by the Vietnamese.

The other thing was I didn't see/or missed a time of day in the letter, and would it gel with the satellites north corridor, because if it didn't, and the sighting was genuine, the satellite was tracking another and unknown aircraft for all those hours, it doesn't seem to make much sense then.

The blog on the WT is something else, there is one post on the aircraft, and the rest is a slanging match between right and left wing factions, crazy!

Below then is Mike McKay's flight scenario, it is then, not the same as the directions as being given now. There was one report that the plane did turn right, but that was also discounted.

edit on 22-3-2014 by smurfy because: Image.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

There certainly has been some weird issues surrounding this entire mess, especially with some of the countries involved.

Its like the satellite image China released a few days into the search, where they spotted "debris" in the South China sea area. When media talked about that image with US officials, the response was "it was a red herring" and dismissed it.

I think we stand a better chance of locating the lost continent / city of Atlantis than we do in determining what went wrong with this plane.

To add into the theory I am wondering if the debris / suitcase / luggage in the Indian ocean is not an attempt to end the search.

There was another commercial jetliner that went missing somewhere over the African continent that has never been located. Whose to say the plane in this came did not land, people removed, their personal items ditched in the area. Possibly with debris that is designed to look like the Malaysia flight?

Was it ever determined as to why people had stolen passport information? I remember it being talked about and possibly unrelated.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

There were no less than 4 sightings of either low flying airplanes, or fireballs in the sky around of the time of the disaster (one sighting turned out to be 24 hrs after the plane lost contact). All of them were investigated and determined to be without merit. Truth is anytime you have a disaster play out in the media, you will have people coming out of the woodwork trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. The world is full of liars and charlatans.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks, was just wondering if the claims had any weight.

Apparently not.

Has anyone checked the coords for themselves for clues?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

mr-lizard

Anyone remember this oil worker who claimed to have seen a burning plane. DATED 12th MARCH.

ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff has obtained a letter that an oil rig worker in Vietnam wrote to his employer claiming he saw Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 go down in flames.

Mr. Woodrufftweeted an image of the letter saying, “Oil rig worker claims in employer confirmed letter-he saw the plane go down. Vietnamese say they found nothing.”

The letter, by Michael Jerome McKay, alleges that he observed the plane “burning at a high altitude” while he was aboard the oil rig “Songa Mercur” off Vung Tau.

“The surface location of the observation is: Lat 08” 22’ 30.23” N; Long 108” 42’ 22.26” E,” he said.

Was this swept under the rug? I know the article mentions the Vietnamese investigated but found nothing, but did anyone else check?

Also a link to the picture of the alleged letter.

edit on 22-3-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

Here's a really wild idea, suppose as Vietnam's radar system has an automatic alert, that when an aircraft is unidentified then they would shoot it down?

Now suppose this unidentified aircraft went into Vietnam's airspace, they shoot it down, but then realizing it is a commercial plane, doesn't say it shot it down?

But suppose then, aircraft that is not only unidentified, but perceived as a military threat because it appears on the commercial radar but not military, then what happened between Malaysia and Vietnam?

Here is what Vietnam says

Vietnam's Radar

"If it changed course and kept flying for hours, it would have gotten out of Vietnam's flight-information region," Lt. Gen. Tuan said.

OK, he says IF it changed course and kept flying for hours. He doesn't know where it went, but then how would he be able to say IF it changed course, before Vietnam or after Vietnam?

Just suppose, that's all I am asking.

top topics

join