It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't believe all the bible, why believe any of it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Old Testament has books that are easily debunked. They are myth. They have no bearing on salvation. They are full of cultural laws being passed off as 'gods law' by those that wanted to control the peasants of that day.

Without a belief in the OT who is Jesus...not a predicted arrival the proof being in the fulfilment, just some guy. Pointless.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The first 194 digits of Pi, the maximum amount of numbers that I am able to calculate at wolframalpha.com

31415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923 0 7 8 1 6

The Scriptures by the numbers of Pi without the decimal / 31102 verses in the Bible

The Remainder is cyclical...

Search: 1-194 >>>Occurrences of the word 'Light'

1) 3rd vs. Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be Light: and there was Light. 813 Hebrew

20) the first 20 digits Pi/31102 = 8472nd vs. 2 Sa 17:22 Then David arose, and all the people that were with him, and they passed over Jordan: by "the morning Light" there lacked not one of them that was not gone over Jordan 4717 Hebrew

120) the first 120 digits Pi/31102 = 7898th vs. 1Sa 25:36 And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's Heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until "the morning Light". 4717
( 4717 Hebrew Total Gematria)

146) 26616th vs. Joh 12:35 Then YESHUA said unto them, Yet a little while is the Light with you. Walk while ye have the Light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 18432 Greek

160) 16838th vs. Pro 15:30 The Light of the eyes rejoiceth the Heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat. 2214 Hebrew

Search Heart 1-194 The First Occurrence, 1 Time in

53) 21896th vs. Dan 5:21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his Heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that He appointeth over it whomsoever He will.

the second and third occurrences: 2 Times in

59) 28525th vs. 1Co 7:37 Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his Heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his Heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.

the fourth, fifth and sixth occurrences: 3 Times[ in

73) 25192nd vs. Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his Heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his Heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the Heart his mouth speaketh.

53-73 20 verses in-between

*120) 7898th vs. 1Sa 25:36 And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's Heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until "the morning Light" >>>7th occurrence

*121) 16783rd vs. Pro 14:10 The Heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy. >>> 8th occurrence

*122) 12320th vs. Neh 2:12 And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my Heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon. >>> 9th occurrence (Three verses in a row)

+ 20 verses: the 10th occurrence 1 time in

142) 21895th vs. Dan 5:20 But when his Heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him: ~

The verse preceding the 1st Occurrence in 53) Dan 5:21

11th and 12th occurrences: Two times In

147) 17344th vs. Ecc 2:10 And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my Heart from any joy; for my Heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.

+ 13 verses, the 13th occurrence, 1 time in

160) 16838th vs. Pro 15:30 The Light of the eyes rejoiceth the Heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.

BibleByPi.blogspot.com
edit on 24-3-2014 by 232Gem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GetHyped

Well then I would say that God had it right in saying you have to use faith .Because if you could prove Him to be real without believing He was then it would not be faith . You may believe that someone might love you but could you really prove it scientifically ? Or is love also something that can be proven to make it true ?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Without a belief in the OT who is Jesus...not a predicted arrival the proof being in the fulfilment, just some guy. Pointless.

A great mystic. Doesn't make his teachings less relevant. Sorry if you think he has to be a messiah for his message to be relevant. Furthermore I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to be worshiped.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

Well then I would say that God had it right in saying you have to use faith .Because if you could prove Him to be real without believing He was then it would not be faith . You may believe that someone might love you but could you really prove it scientifically ? Or is love also something that can be proven to make it true ?

Which god? There are literally thousands to choose from.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

This thread was on the Christian God of the Bible so ...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

tsingtao

AfterInfinity
reply to post by deadlyhope

It is believed the Bible is a book from god, not that each and every copy was hand-written in simple terms everyone can understand/no one could debate.

Because no god would ever resort to such infallible, practical, common-sense measures, right? Its ludicrous to think they might actually take steps to prevent a notoriously flawed society from misreading or misinterpreting something so sacred and important. Utterly laughable, right?

aren't we human? lol!

let's put it this way, the bible is filled with fallible, impracticable, nonsensical societies.
heck, look around you! people want to blame God?

bible has been consistent for a couple 1000 yrs. science hasn't, has it?

The whole POINT of science is for it not to be consistent. Why would you point that out as a falling of science when that is what it is designed to do? That's like saying that the Sears Tower in Chicago fails as a building because it is too tall.

You think it is a GOOD thing that the bible has been consistent for a few millenniums? A book written by men whose claims cannot be authenticated since they've been lost too time is supposed to be more credible then science because over the years the message has remained the same? That's absurd. But if we are going by length of time a concept is unchanged as the most credible, I guess that means that the Hindu religion is the most correct, it is after all the oldest and has remained largely unchanged for a lot longer than the bible.

sure, your science changes all the time.

i don't care about hindu. i am a christian.
i don't care about atheists.

believe what you want. or don't.

i believe in science, too. DUH!

the only absurd thing is science claiming to be THE truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

tsingtao

Krazysh0t

tsingtao

AfterInfinity
reply to post by deadlyhope

It is believed the Bible is a book from god, not that each and every copy was hand-written in simple terms everyone can understand/no one could debate.

Because no god would ever resort to such infallible, practical, common-sense measures, right? Its ludicrous to think they might actually take steps to prevent a notoriously flawed society from misreading or misinterpreting something so sacred and important. Utterly laughable, right?

aren't we human? lol!

let's put it this way, the bible is filled with fallible, impracticable, nonsensical societies.
heck, look around you! people want to blame God?

bible has been consistent for a couple 1000 yrs. science hasn't, has it?

The whole POINT of science is for it not to be consistent. Why would you point that out as a falling of science when that is what it is designed to do? That's like saying that the Sears Tower in Chicago fails as a building because it is too tall.

You think it is a GOOD thing that the bible has been consistent for a few millenniums? A book written by men whose claims cannot be authenticated since they've been lost too time is supposed to be more credible then science because over the years the message has remained the same? That's absurd. But if we are going by length of time a concept is unchanged as the most credible, I guess that means that the Hindu religion is the most correct, it is after all the oldest and has remained largely unchanged for a lot longer than the bible.

sure, your science changes all the time.

My science? So what science rules your life? Gravity affects you differently or something?

i don't care about hindu. i am a christian.
i don't care about atheists.

That's fine, I don't care about Christianity. That still doesn't change my point. That the bible has no way to be authenticated so it is a poor source of information. Also if you are citing that the bible is true because of its unchanging nature for so long, then I just gave you an example of a religion whose books are FAR older and just as unchanged as your precious bible. I used YOUR logic to show the error in your thinking, and you dismiss it off hand because you can't be bothered to care about that particular religion. So answer me this, WHAT (in your opinion) makes the bible a good source of information?

believe what you want. or don't.

i believe in science, too. DUH!

First you label it MY science earlier in this very post then you follow up saying that you also believe in science, followed by some condescending retort like I should have known all along or something. So which is it? Is it my science or is it universal?

the only absurd thing is science claiming to be THE truth.

Show we were science claims to be THE truth. Everything I've read says that science is used to predict future events based on past experimentation. It uses probability and statistical analysis to do so. I haven't read anywhere that science claims to be the truth. Perhaps you are mixing the term "facts" with the word "truth". Science certainly uses facts (and evidence) to prove its positions, something the bible never gets around to doing.
edit on 25-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

Possibly,

Love on the mind: Brain scans reveal whether new couples will be together for the long term

Brain scans could reveal whether new couples have found long-lasting love, researchers have revealed.
Scientists noticed patterns in the brain activity of volunteers who had recently fallen in love and found they could predict whether the couples would be together three years later.
The findings showed even if volunteers believed they were in passionately love when their brains were scanned, by examining their neuron activity scientists could detect whether those feelings were strong enough for the relationship to last.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

This thread was on the Christian God of the Bible so ...

And why do you believe your god is the correct one out of thousands?

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen F Roberts

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The Bible states clearly that He is The God of Creation .If you follow along you find the many other gods and finally find God manifest in the flesh in His Son Jesus . This thread again is about the Christian God of the Bible and not about the thousands of others....peace

edit on 25-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

GetHyped
And why do you believe your god is the correct one out of thousands?

They are all the same. Of course fundies will get all mad and tell you their god is the only true one and the others are demonic, but in all honesty if you read the accounts from the only vaguely religious people who go on a quest to make the experience of a personal relationship with a deity/divine reality (mystics of all traditions; christian monks, muslim sufis, jewish kabalists, buddhist monks, etc...) they will all tell the same stories and describe the same god.

If you want correct informations about god and theology, favor those who approach the question with an open and pragmatic mind, and not those who place their religion above the divine reality. Religions are man-made, social constructs. If you study religions you study societies.

To learn about god is a personal, internal and subjective journey.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

The Bible states clearly that He is The God of Creation .If you follow along you find the many other gods and finally find God manifest in the flesh in His Son Jesus . This thread again is about the Christian God of the Bible and not about the thousands of others....peace

I believe the Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Pagans and all other manner of religions would have a few words to say about your "all other gods = jesus christ" logic.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen F Roberts

So if I only believe in one God, I can still be an atheist?

And just because you were right to dismiss all the other
possibles, doesn't mean you just keep on going.

edit on Ram32514v30201400000046 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

You should read your catechism again.

The Church doesn't consider the "Christian God" to be the only correct one.

The Church considers God a reality and all other religions/spiritual traditions, other paths to get to know Him too.

In many ways, throughout history down to the present day, men have given expression to their quest for God in their religious beliefs and behaviour: in their prayers, sacrifices, rituals, meditations, and so forth. These forms of religious expression, despite the ambiguities they often bring with them, are so universal that one may well call man a religious being

I'm always baffled by the lack of knowledge Christian fundamentalists have about their own religion. And yet it's not a surprise given their fundamentalism. Fundamentalism teaches segregation, judgement, lack of empathy etc... All the opposite from the message of the NT.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That quote he furnished us with has some serious mental gymnastics in it .....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

That wasn't the point. For instance, explain to us why you don't believe in Quetzalcoatl. Or Odin. Or Osiris.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

Just a guess on my part but I am assuming you are referring to the Roman Catholic Church which I am not a member of or adhere to many of their doctrinal statements ....peace

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Because I don't find them in the Christian bible ...simple ....peace the thread is about the Christian Bible .

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That wasn't the point. For instance, explain to us why you don't believe in Quetzalcoatl. Or Odin. Or Osiris.

Because fundamentalism and biblical literalism mean the death of critical thinking in religion (the list of Christian scholars and scientists is quite impressive; the Big Bang model , genetics and the scientific theory are all Christian inventions).

Hopefully it's mostly restricted to US protestant Christians.

A critical theologian would see these divinities for what they are: facets of the divine reality related to a specific culture and age.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join