It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Week's Ask ME Anything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Springer
reply to post by Spiro

No. Frankly I'm getting a little worn out repeating this. The link at the top of the AMA guest's response posts takes you directly to the question the guest is answering.

Having the guest quote every post they are answering would make a cluttered mess out of the thread and is asking way too much of the guest considering they'd have to try to figure out which parts of most question posts to edit out.

Click the link at the top of their posts and read the question they are answering, easy peasy.
edit on 3-24-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

OK, so what you are saying is that every post the AMA answers I have to click a link to find the answer? That to me is time consuming and not set up properly. It would be much easier for members to see the question AND answer in the same post so as to not waste peoples time.

I can understand if the question/answer was really long however, this is not good practice for members/people wanting or needing to learn about the AMA person in question.

My point is, your expecting me to go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth......just to get an answer whereas I could see the answer in the same post which would be a hell of a lot easier.

I went back to Stan's AMA and clicked on his " link " button but it takes me to the member posting a question below, no answer?

And don't get tired of repeating yourself, new members will need questions asked

Cheers

Spiro
edit on 24-3-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The thread is up. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I'm not expecting you to do anything, if however, you want to benefit from something you can't get anywhere else you should expect to have to have to do a little more than nothing. Asking people who are giving their time to answer your questions in order to give you information to do all the work for you (and it's a hassle to use the quote function when you're not forum software savvy which most AMA guests aren't) is just beyond reasonable. Clicking is not that hard.
edit on 3-24-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Never mind, you seemed to have missed the point.

Tip: When a member of your website suggests an alternative, don't get so beat up the next time

Cheers,

Spiro

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I'm not beat up, it's a simple matter of we're not silly enough to ask featured guests to do things they can't (without a large learning curve they don't have time for) or won't do. It annoys me when people who are on the receiving end of these gifts think it's too much trouble to click a link that is provided above the answer to read the question.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Funny - I saw your name when I read the title of this thread and thought it was literal, as in "Ask 'Springer' Anything"..

Maybe you should do one of those, you must know some cool stuff..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

Not me... I just know all the people who know cool stuff.

shhhhhh.

m...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join