It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the NSA can track any cell phone on the planet, but not any on Malaysian Flt 370?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I thought the NSA had the capability to pinpoint the location of any cell phone on the planet, and this is the capability that is public knowledge, I'm sure the real capability goes beyond that.

If you have been to Asia you know they are more into tech gadgets than we are, and given that there were 239 passengers, I think a conservative estimate would be that at least half the passengers had one type or another of smart phone, say a little over 100.

Now given the possible scenarios, i.e. - mid-air explosion, crash into the ocean, land on land or crash on land, you would expect at least a few or even one of these or their components to survive a crash, explosion, or float on the ocean if inside some debris like a carry-on-bag that was buoyant.

And the NSA can't track even one of them or any other of the gadgets such as laptops and ipads that they are able to track?

As a fellow poster said, I think the lettered intelligence agencies have an idea of what happened to this flight, but as usual are keeping it from us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-3-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't the batteries have run down by now? ...i mean I have to charge my phone every few days.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The device would have to be energised to track it. You would probably be reliant on GPS alone as there will be no cell towers in the middle of the ocean, assuming that's where it is of course.

There would be little hope of tracking a device now as even if they are on land somewhere and survived the battery would almost certainly be dead.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Even if they could track cell phones, which are not turned on, the phones need to have working electronical parts. I do not know how the tracking for turned off cell phones exactly works, but I highly doubt a few components are enough to give out strong enough signal for the phone to be tracked. All the components needed for the tracking need to be working in order for the electrical scheme to work. Otherwise there will just be short circuit and no signal is sent out.

Considering that a crash happened and possibly into the ocean, it is very likely the electronical components got damaged either during the crash/explosion or in the water. Even strong vibration is enough to ruin some of the weaker components, not even talking about a real crash. Also it has to be considered, that possibly the airplane is somewhere deep in the water, where such signals just do not go through/are too weak to read.

Unless some of the cell phones/whatever device were live-tracked immediately before the crash and it was saved somewhere, I doubt the location of the air plane could be pinpointed via tracking the electronical devices.

edit on 22-3-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey,
remember this?

Mocking the death of innocents?

One thing to be certain of is the facts surrounding this incident are being obscured on purpose...sum ting wong.

I wonder exactly for what purpose other than to mock those of us this concerns. With-holding information is maybe worse than outright lying. So, it'd be fair and safe to chalk it up as a media farce against our senses...not hindered by borders.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Meldionne1
Wouldn't the batteries have run down by now? ...i mean I have to charge my phone every few days.

It is often been said how these devices can be tracked even when the battery is turned off.

edit on 22-3-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
power stuff through the air wirelessly

Somewhere, can't remember where exactly, but I found one can send up to 5 vdc wirelessly to power a remote device. Negating the need for battery?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Can't believe we wasted billions on the stealth fighters/bombers when all that needs to be done is hit a switch on the transponder to go invisible. Sarcasm aside, with our tech there is no way we could have lost and/or not found this plane by now so it is pretty clear this was no accident.
Firepiston

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

Agreed.

I feel something is very dodgy with this.

It is still possible though that a major electrical failure or damage due to lightning strike/fire from on-board Lithium batterys caused the outage of comms and transponder.

Pilot decreased altitude, dumped fuel for emergency water (or jungle) landing and the plane remained more or less intact, but sunk shortly after hitting the water..that would explain lack of debris being seen, and if the water is deep enough, lack of the plane itself.

If it went down in a jungle, the pilot would have dumped all fuel before it hit the canopy..no fuel, no explosion of fire/smoke to give the location away.

The damaged trees after a crash landing in a jungle would be pretty much invisible in the grand scheme of things i'd imagine.

There could still be survivors, stranded in a remote area of jungle, or indeed floating around on rafts somewhere.

The areas involved are huge, so searching is literally a needle in a haystack thing.

Even saying the above, my insticts tell me there is more to this event than is being told, not sure what exactly, just that something is way out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Exactly

This missing plane is exposing so much BS

China has the most planes ships and helos in the search yet can't seem to turn up any leads of sightings, yet expects to find a carrier let alone track it to fire an inaccurate missile at lol

The Aussies have way less to throw at the search effort and turn up with way more potential sightings

Just goes to show China are full of BS and clearly unprofessional

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

The Aussies have way less to throw at the search effort and turn up with way more potential sightings

Yeah!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
I thought the NSA had the capability to pinpoint the location of any cell phone on the planet

I thought they could watch you sleep.

I wonder if I was wrong.

PS, BIG WORLD. BAD PILOTS. SMALL PLANE..

hurrrrp..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE

Meldionne1

It is often been said how these devices can be tracked even when the battery is turned off.

edit on 22-3-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

Crazy stuff tho, when you think about it. I mean..

they should be able to find that plane then...

Or...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Honestly thread, you embarrass things.

Lunch yard investigation. school yard sleuths. All round ATS material. it's really, quite silly.

Get off your ipods and try thinking.

hit a button and go invisible... just.. embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In my post above I meant phone turned off.

Who says the NSA waited until all possible phone/other device energy sources were depleted anyway to start trying to find this plane?

How long do you think it was before the NSA was aware this plane was missing? They probably knew within the first few hours if not minutes, I mean this is the kind of thing they watch for.

I'm sure once they found out it was missing, within the first few hours, some manager or supervisor ordered some employee to look-up the passenger list, obtain traceable device info, and start pinging it, their cover being American citizens were on the flight. I see this as very realistic, and the chances are at least a few of the devices survived a crash/sinking/explosion etc.

Love the pic a few posts up!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

200 foot plane in an unobserved area. 2 million mile search area. You have a better shot at that needle in the haystack.

And planes don't "go invisible" when the transponder is off. They can't be seen by the far more common Secondary Radar which can only see the transponder signal.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think the lettered intelligence agencies have an idea of what happened to this flight, but as usual are keeping it from us.

This plane has been nothing but a wonderful distraction for the pretty people on TV to spin endless stories about.

Its like this plane is the only news on the world. And that helps them out because as long as folks are fixated on this plane (that nobody knows if it even EXISTS really) then they won't be asking questions that the MSM never reports on like:

"Hey what does that three finger flag mean that those folks in Kiev are waving around?"

I've even seen news anchors talk about aliens, black holes, bemuda triangle, the most outlandish things you have even heard that they would totally make fun of if others had suggested any of this nonsense. And they are doing it just so they can keep talking about it.

Personally, I don't think the plane even existed. Just this story about it does.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Welcome to the first snuff reality tv show, it will get more entertaining in years to come ... No really, now it's just looking like a TV show "call this number if you have a new theory, don't forget you can also participate in the search !!! (for more information please visit our website, we are not liable for all extra costs) "
edit on 22-3-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Zaphod58
And planes don't "go invisible" when the transponder is off. They can't be seen by the far more common Secondary Radar which can only see the transponder signal.

It's not that civilian radar (the Secondary radar you mentioned) can't see the plane when the transponder goes off, it just becomes "another radar contact" and they cannot identify it. The transponder, as the name suggests, sends out identifying info to the ATC.

Given they probably have a multitude of false readings every day (weather, birds, aliens, American drones - whatever you want to believe.....) a blob on the radar out in the middle of nowhere and going even further out into the middle of no where is not a priority, at least for the slapdash, South East asian countries anyway.

Had this happened in US or EU airspace, we'd have had fighters up there in minutes to ID the aircraft and assess what was going on...

It has transpired from the investigation so far it was tracked on civilian radar after the transponder was turned off, but it couldn't be identified.
edit on 22/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join