It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
It may be cheaper to do it with CGI, but CGI rarely looks real to me. There are a few exceptions where it's hard to tell. Not that the mock-up looks perfectly real, it doesn't, but maybe it looks less fake than CGI? I don't know.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

They didn't build the Titanic when they made that movie they created sets. That's why I think it would take a moron to build an aircraft carrier when a set could be built on a sound stage in a week or 2. And to recreate the entire ship for a movie had to be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Huge waist of time money and effort.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

All information provided about SAFF Offshore Industries is false, even where the company's location is wrong.
There is no such thing as a mock up of air craft in SAFF yard ,SAFF is a big EPC contractor in the field of Oil & Gas and Energy, and hereby we invite all to visit our construction yard .
www.saffgroup.com

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by Bilk22

Those are two different sites. The clearer one is the Cochin Shipyards in India where they built the INS Vikrant which is pictured. The second is from the SAFF Offshore Industries Company's shipyards west southwest from Bandar Abbas and the dry docks appear identical to the ones with the carrier mock up (minus the carrier).
All information provided about SAFF Offshore Industries is false, even where the company's location is wrong.
There is no such thing as a mock up of air craft in SAFF yard ,SAFF is a big EPC contractor in the field of Oil & Gas and Energy, and hereby we invite all to visit our construction yard .
www.saffgroup.com

Edit to add: here are the coordinates for SAFF, 27.054893,55.972783.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matin

Then you better tell Google to move your company's location as they put it right on top of where this mock carrier is being built.

Additionally, the coordinates you provided are exactly on the site for where the mock carrier photo was taken.

You always come on to forums and post bull****?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is bad news...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join