It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The movie story is a cover, like Argot was a cover. My sources tell me that the Iranians have F-14 Top Gun fighters that can be used on carriers. Potential trojan horse false flag operation developing.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reeltroof
The movie story is a cover, like Argot was a cover. My sources tell me that the Iranians have F-14 Top Gun fighters that can be used on carriers. Potential trojan horse false flag operation developing.

I hope you are joking. Its not much of a false flag if it is BECAUSE WE DONT USE THOSE ANYMORE. Sorry Ghost rider you are denied a fly by. The pattern is full.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

yuppa
Sorry Ghost rider you are denied a fly by. The pattern is full.

You have caused me to lose that loving feeling. Now it's gone, gone, gone.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

yuppa
Sorry Ghost rider you are denied a fly by. The pattern is full.

You have caused me to lose that loving feeling. Now it's gone, gone, gone.

Well since were PLAYING WITH THE BOYS in the DANGER ZONE...Goodness gracious GREAT BALLS OF FIRE it TAKES MY BREATH AWAY to remember they way a soundtrack can LEAD ME ON a trip till i was SITTING ON THE DOCK OF THE BAY. Admiring the way the eagles MIGHTY WINGS flapped in the sunset.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Iranian Trojan Horse!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When i see those picture these are my initial thoughts:

1. US/Israeli propaganda Or Iran propaganda
2. Training - Target Practice, Defense Structural Analysis
3. Collaboration with China, Russia and Iran Military Defense Pak.
4. Iran Version of Top Gun Movie - I'm pretty sure they have F14.

edit on 23-3-2014 by isisfliir because: smelling errors

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
"I thought you would like to see tomorrow's headlines, Admiral Rouhani."
"BREAKING: DEFCON Level 3 after USS Nimiz hit with torpedo in the Golf of Oman, Soldiers dropping like flies."

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
All information provided about SAFF Offshore Industries is false, even where the company's location is wrong.
There is no such thing as a mock up of air craft in SAFF yard ,SAFF is a big EPC contractor in the field of Oil & Gas and Energy, that in the past has been worked with TOTAL, SHELL, Agip ,Hyundai & Samsung and hereby we invite all to visit our construction yard .
www.saffgroup.com

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There are several possibilities. 1) It is doing such for the engineering purpose so they can build their own aircraft carrier. 2) Propeganda. 3) To use to try to figure out the weak points on such would be, where to hit and strike should such be required.

If this from the government, then it is more for not only the engineering, but also to find the weak points on the vessel. It is not unusual, for this to happen. The USA did the same things, by doing mock-ups and using real military hardware to figure out the weakness and counter agents based off of observation of such.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
There are several possibilities. 1) It is doing such for the engineering purpose so they can build their own aircraft carrier. 2) Propeganda. 3) To use to try to figure out the weak points on such would be, where to hit and strike should such be required.

If this from the government, then it is more for not only the engineering, but also to find the weak points on the vessel. It is not unusual, for this to happen. The USA did the same things, by doing mock-ups and using real military hardware to figure out the weakness and counter agents based off of observation of such.

None of those make sense computer simulations can accomplish any of theses cheaper and better. This is likely a fake story created because there would be no reason to create a full scale model. the only thing is could possibly think of is if it was artistic in nature. Company building an oil rig thought it be funny to make it look like a carrier??

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
1 and 3 make the best sense. The US has done such for years, back during the cold war, even though the US, and especially the DOD had access to and use of supercomputers, they DOD would still go out to either get a hold of or make copies of Soviet and Soviet bloc equipment and then work on counter strategies along with how such equipment worked. It was a part of the war games that they would do.

And by making a mock up, one can get an idea of size, shape and ultimately how best to try to counter such equipment, far better than a computer can, also then you have something more hands on that can be used to point out in person rather than just paper. Computers will give you some solutions, but not all of them, they will not show you all of the ideal places, and do you honestly think that the US is going to allow for the Iranians to get onto or even close to a nuclear powered naval vessel so they can get specific details, probably not. So they have to look at pictures, and get a general idea on the size and shape, and go from there.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Rather than it needing to be a fake story or a grand conspiracy, maybe it is real and it's purpose, is a little more benign:

In this case, it was answered many many months ago.

www.reuters.com...

eaworldview.com...

rt.com...

This link gives the name of the movie, case members etc and was from back in 2013 when they first started construction of it:

www.payvand.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Have no clue as to why they are doing such, however, even a mock up could have some value.

The first is that the US has no real intelligence on what Iran is or is not capable of. After all the US was caught off guard when Iran launched a satellite into orbit, and other items into outer space. To say that they do not have the capacity to do something, in a country where there is little to no actual intelligence data, is the signs of desperation at its worst.

There is some value in a mock up, the first is that most ships of that line have to be balanced, they have to be engineered for where parts go, and if it is for just propaganda, we will see such soon, as the airwaves are often monitored. However, what if it is to test designs, to find flaws and make their own aircraft carrier, then it would be a game changer.

Wait... they can't make aircraft carriers? What about your first paragraph??

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234
To all accounts, Iran has a very small Naval forces and no aircraft carriers. So it is either trying to figure out the engineering aspects of such, to include week points, in the event of a shooting war with the USA, or is working out the engineering logistics of such a vessel in an attempts to make and produce their own.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfect stranger

Maybe they need a lifesize carrier for their holographic war strategies. They need it for scanning it in and able to project it to confuse the enemies theatre of war on sea .

Just guessing of course...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It always cracks me up when people post guess after guess of something that's already been explained back in March 2014, as big_BHOY pointed out, again. Sometimes it helps to read the thread. If they explained why they have an objection to that official explanation then it would be another story, but frankly that official explanation makes more sense than most of these alternatives being suggested.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You know, we have mockups of Middle-Eastern cities we use in training, why shouldnt they do the same thing?
(playing Devil's Advocate here)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They are building it in the desert because it won't sink there. It's a lot safer than building one that goes into the water. Ya gotta hand it to these Iranians. Nothing gets by them.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It always cracks me up when people post guess after guess of something that's already been explained back in March 2014, as big_BHOY pointed out, again. Sometimes it helps to read the thread. If they explained why they have an objection to that official explanation then it would be another story, but frankly that official explanation makes more sense than most of these alternatives being suggested.

Problem is even for a movie it's a waist could easily build a mock up on a sound stage use cgi. To build it full size is stupid and no director would waist there time.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Looks legit to me. I've zoomed in on 1 of the aircraft on board for a closer inspection.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join